1992 Toyota Hilux 4runner  

conscaptures
  • conscaptures
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 204,087
Post #1 post 24th July 2011 - 02:48 PM
Engine: 22RE

Exhaust: Bent, smashed it on a rut lastnight, lol new stock one coming.

Suspension: Standard

Wheels: No idea..

Modifications: 31" Tyres (will get bigger, these came with the car!)

Stereo Audio / Visual: Cd player.

Estimated Power: Tug Boat Power

My first manual car, sold the VT sled to get this, so much more fun for a p plater!

Best of all IT GETS USED! biggrin.gif

Please excuse the shit photos they were taken on a phone mostly...

This post has been edited by conscaptures: Jul 24 2011, 02:51 PM

Comments

• Boost Network 10
  • lil_bobby_260
    Post #2

Nice, dude. If you go to modify suspension, look into running 80ser cruiser rear springs, and diff drops for the front. Unhitch your swaybar link pins for offroad, and you'll find it performs really well. These go alright for a less expensive 4wd.

VTR
    Post #3

Nice Lux and nice colour smile.gif

conscaptures
    Post #4

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Jul 25 2011, 09:34 AM) *
    Nice, dude. If you go to modify suspension, look into running 80ser cruiser rear springs, and diff drops for the front. Unhitch your swaybar link pins for offroad, and you'll find it performs really well. These go alright for a less expensive 4wd.

Thanks guys!

Im new to the 4x4 scene, well with my own car anyway.. I was also looking at some 2" Nolathane body lift kits, one of my mates runs the same kit in a surf and loves it but then again some of my other mates dont think they will last very long and I should go for aluminum blocks?

Could you send me a link to that suspension set up you were talking about for the rear bud?

laynlow
    Post #5

i used to have one of these, great little 4wds.
    i had 2 inch lovell springs in the rear and it flexed fairly well.

the cruiser springs will give you a 4inch lift in the rear, it would be hard getting the front that high without investing some money in it

bjmate
    Post #6

QUOTE (conscaptures @ Jul 25 2011, 09:51 AM) *
    Thanks guys!
    I was also looking at some 2" Nolathane body lift kits, one of my mates runs the same kit in a surf and loves it but then again some of my other mates dont think they will last very long and I should go for aluminum blocks?

hey man saw you were looking at body lift blocks and thought i would throw you a link : http://www.amu.net.au/
    He's on the north side of brisbane hey. At work we get Polyurethane stuff made all the time and just the other day i asked if he had body blocks and sure enough he does haha. He also makes spring lifters and stuff as well. all on the site.

Just thought ya might be interested wink.gif

BJ

jonnytiv
    Post #7

time to bend some metal i guess....

conscaptures
    Post #8

Within reason lol.. Already replacing the exhaust thanks to driving it the 2nd day of having the car...

THE PATROL MAN
    Post #9

sell it and get a patrol

BoostedVW
    Post #10

QUOTE (THE PATROL MAN @ Jul 26 2011, 04:29 PM) *
    sell it and get a patrol

Bahaha, some people like having a 4wd that doesnt require a fuel tanker to follow them everywhere.

reddahaydn
    Post #11

Nice mate, I just bought one as well. Good fun. You can get a bit of lift in the front by winding up the torsion bars.
    Also, ifyluve just got it make sure u check yourspare tyre before u need it. The side walls get a lot of wear from rocks etc when they're hung under the truck.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x