Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 50 of 64
Jump to page
sleepercorty
Post #1716

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jun 29 2011, 09:42 PM) *
shane was running a 255/50/16 on a soarer rim (16x7 +50) before he stripped it out with the drag wheels. im running a is250 16x7 with a 255/50/16 +45. i had to roll the guards for when it squats other wise it would rub but if you found the right offset you will get a 275 in there as i have heaps of room on the inside of the wheel arch with +45 maybe get some custom falcon pursuits made?

yeh sweet ive got at the moment custom late model corolla/camry steel wheels on the back with 7 inch bands and 50 offset with the 235 tyres, so im thinking that if i get another set made with 8 inch bands and around 55 or more offset i should be able to get the 275 to fit? i need to do something cause the 235's arnt doing to well with the power anymore

pig060
Post #1717

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 29 2011, 10:26 PM) *
yeh sweet ive got at the moment custom late model corolla/camry steel wheels on the back with 7 inch bands and 50 offset with the 235 tyres, so im thinking that if i get another set made with 8 inch bands and around 55 or more offset i should be able to get the 275 to fit? i need to do something cause the 235's arnt doing to well with the power anymore

i know you have alot more power then me but the 255 seem pretty good. the thing is how much of the tire is sitting flat on the road when it squats? it might be a good idea to get some off the adjustable bars under the rear to adjust camber to get the whole tire to the ground???

1.5jz cressida
Post #1718

i bought 255/55 or 60/16 mts i got from barrett, they grip up nicely, i just have to get a 50/55 + offest wheel now. but the cressida will be sitting for a couple months, getting catch cans, brakes, ventians and new paint

sleepercorty
Post #1719

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:59 AM) *
i know you have alot more power then me but the 255 seem pretty good. the thing is how much of the tire is sitting flat on the road when it squats? it might be a good idea to get some off the adjustable bars under the rear to adjust camber to get the whole tire to the ground???

yeh you can adjust the rear with the standard arms to give positive camber, mine sitting on the ground has around 1-2 postive camber to compensate for when it squats im also going to get some custom springs done one day that are stiffer then what i have now.
i would of gone to the 255 in a 15 but they are a 27 inch tall tyre where as the 235 and 275 in a 15 are 26 inch tall. so its a toss up between 255 27 inch tall or 275 26 inch tall i would preffer to stay with the 26 tall but

sleepercorty
Post #1720

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 30 2011, 10:09 AM) *
i bought 255/55 or 60/16 mts i got from barrett, they grip up nicely, i just have to get a 50/55 + offest wheel now. but the cressida will be sitting for a couple months, getting catch cans, brakes, ventians and new paint

i was hoping to see you out racing soon, i need someone to give me some insentive to buy a new turbo

BlueKE
Post #1721

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 30 2011, 10:09 AM) *
ventians

Oh yeah, a visor next?

Falcon stylin is it

1.5jz cressida
Post #1722

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 30 2011, 01:30 PM) *
i was hoping to see you out racing soon, i need someone to give me some insentive to buy a new turbo

soon my friend very soon, give it like a month. i need to take the wastegate off, it's stays open on full noise like it siezes open. soon as that's done more boost try and beat your time

1.5jz cressida
Post #1723

QUOTE (BlueKE @ Jun 30 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Oh yeah, a visor next?

Falcon stylin is it

nope just the that, why is it falcon stying it? more of a vl calais look..........

sleepercorty
Post #1724

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 30 2011, 06:10 PM) *
soon my friend very soon, give it like a month. i need to take the wastegate off, it's stays open on full noise like it siezes open. soon as that's done more boost try and beat your time

okay sweet i should be due to race again by then if they let me, pig060 might even have his done could have 3 cressidas racing

BlueKE
Post #1725

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 30 2011, 06:12 PM) *
nope just the that, why is it falcon stying it? more of a vl calais look..........

One cruise in the falcon and you were hooked on the venetian, haha

Roll cages and venetians do go hand in hand, i would put one in mine, but if you want to climb in the back and put it in, schweet

bazr33
Post #1726

G'day guys.

Ended up getting a bit of colour in the engine bay. Have the head back on with some goodies in there.
Then will be off to tune and see if we can max out everything. ohhhyyyeeaahhhh!!! haha to a point.

pig060
Post #1727

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jul 1 2011, 07:28 AM) *
G'day guys.

Ended up getting a bit of colour in the engine bay. Have the head back on with some goodies in there.
Then will be off to tune and see if we can max out everything. ohhhyyyeeaahhhh!!! haha to a point.

looks good dude, that air filter you have off the back of the plenum should have a hose plumed back into your cooler piping? maybe put some on you rocker cover too? let us know how it goes on the dyno?

bazr33
Post #1728

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jul 1 2011, 08:05 AM) *
looks good dude, that air filter you have off the back of the plenum should have a hose plumed back into your cooler piping? maybe put some on you rocker cover too? let us know how it goes on the dyno?

Yeah I had that hose plumbed into my intake, but thought an air filter would of done a similar job.
I have seen a couple of people have done the same sort of thing.

Started the car today, and took it for a quick spin around the block, tappets are a little clickity to start off with but have settled down.
Sounds a tad different now. But will hopefully be getting it tuned very soon, and will see what we can do.

Then will be diff, half shafts, and see what is maxing out after that.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1729

barret looks good mate, take a photo of the whole car for me. Do you still have the work wheels? engine looks good

bazr33
Post #1730

Hope to tune soon, as my idle is a bit ordinary at the moment. Whether vacuum is sacrificed a bit with the cams, or more air in the head.
Sounds a bit angry anyway, and idling around 700-750rpm. Does get a bit low at times though with slight fluctuation.

pig060
Post #1731

bazr33- how did your tuning go?

sleepercorty
Post #1732

anyone entered powercruise? i dont think i will have new turbo or tune by then so probably going to give it a miss this year

bazr33
Post #1733

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jul 15 2011, 08:36 PM) *
bazr33- how did your tuning go?

tuning didn't happen on Tuesday, looking at getting it sorted hopefully over the weekend.

I ended up getting the wolf v500 though with the plug and play harness, so hope to have EFI look at it soon as I get my hands on some id1000 injectors.
I found the injectors on a rails, but more so funds at the moment haha. Hope my tax comes in pretty soon.

But i'll get the safc sorted so I can drive it and enjoy it for the time being. Still hope to have some decent power. Just that the wolf should shit all over it.

will keep ya informed

pig060
Post #1734

yeah the wolf will be heaps better and efi know them backwards smile.gif should see good numbers. what fuel are you going to run? you could run e85 with the 1000's

bazr33
Post #1735

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jul 16 2011, 08:57 AM) *
yeah the wolf will be heaps better and efi know them backwards smile.gif should see good numbers. what fuel are you going to run? you could run e85 with the 1000's

Don't know a whole lot about the e85, and whether my fuel lines etc have to change to run it?
Knowing me, plus depending on what EFI say, probably will run it.

70RNA
Post #1736

300+rwkw on low boost, no timing
can't wait for full tune

ALL THIS IN A CRESSIDA

think twice before you race one........

11 flat at 128mph got alot left in her

So what happened !!!!!!!!!

1.5jz cressida
Post #1737

QUOTE (70RNA @ Jul 23 2011, 05:49 PM) *
300+rwkw on low boost, no timing
can't wait for full tune

ALL THIS IN A CRESSIDA

think twice before you race one........

11 flat at 128mph got alot left in her

So what happened !!!!!!!!!

with?

DZRM
Post #1738

Tow truck and oil all over the ground dunno.gif

BlueKE
Post #1739

Pizza Capers and Shmirnoff Guarana!!

1.5jz cressida
Post #1740

QUOTE (DZRM @ Jul 25 2011, 04:59 PM) *
Tow truck and oil all over the ground dunno.gif

i decided to do an oil change on the night, but silly me forgot the oil pan. Don't i just look like a goose

sicks13
Post #1741

It's a funny way to drain your sump out the side of the block

_Ben
Post #1742

What is everyones thoughts on a cressy for a first car? Any problems with them? I know the 7m has head gasket problems, but anything else?

mark1414
Post #1743

QUOTE (_Ben @ Jul 26 2011, 12:00 PM) *
What is everyones thoughts on a cressy for a first car? Any problems with them? I know the 7m has head gasket problems, but anything else?

They are auto and not very exciting to drive while stock. Better than a commodore or falcon though!

_Ben
Post #1744

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Jul 26 2011, 12:07 PM) *
They are auto and not very exciting to drive while stock. Better than a commodore or falcon though!

If I was to get one, I would probably just lower it a little on some nice wheels + a stereo, cause IMO they look like they would make a decent cruiser wink.gif

1.5jz cressida
Post #1745

QUOTE (sicks13 @ Jul 26 2011, 11:18 AM) *
It's a funny way to drain your sump out the side of the block

yeh its easier with it on the side of the sump, not the block

BlueKE
Post #1746

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jul 26 2011, 01:08 PM) *
yeh its easier with it on the side of the sump, not the block

bahaha, the rumours begin

Since its off the road, can i borrow ya CD's, haha

1.5jz cressida
Post #1747

QUOTE (BlueKE @ Jul 26 2011, 01:17 PM) *
bahaha, the rumours begin

Since its off the road, can i borrow ya CD's, haha

can borrow justin timberlake live biggrin.gif

BlueKE
Post #1748

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jul 26 2011, 02:05 PM) *
can borrow justin timberlake live biggrin.gif

Shot bro!!!

Need the disco beat, more more more.....

DZRM
Post #1749

300+rwkw on low boost, no timing !!!!!

How did it whole a block then ? head_wall.gif head_wall.gif

1.5jz cressida
Post #1750

QUOTE (DZRM @ Jul 27 2011, 08:09 PM) *
300+rwkw on low boost, no timing !!!!!

How did it whole a block then ? head_wall.gif head_wall.gif

dont know but when i find out il tell you, come down to the work shop il show you dyno sheet

thumbsup.gif

why you head butting the wall??? you're acting like no one has ever broken a 2j before.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 50 of 64
Jump to page
34 User(s) are reading this topic (34 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x