1986 Holden Commodore Vl
1986 Holden Commodore Vl
1986 Holden Commodore Vl
1986 Holden Commodore Vl

Comments

• Boost Network 21
  • Ryan86
    Post #2

Looks good mate, but it needs the front strip. Mine went without it for a while and it looked really dodgy.

+1 for being a manual too.

Adam VL 86
    Post #3

QUOTE (Ryan86 @ Jun 27 2011, 01:27 PM) *
    Looks good mate, but it needs the front strip. Mine went without it for a while and it looked really dodgy.

+1 for being a manual too.

Cheers man. Yeah i gotta get bumper trim for it. I only paid $750 for my VL

Adam VL 86
    Post #4

I have plans for a lumpy cam and chip for the RB30

WOSSiiE
    Post #5

get the calais front and you sir have a nice as fuck vl

Ryan86
    Post #6

$750 is a great price, but IMO mate you'd be better off saving your money for things like brakes, suspension etc. The only reason I say this is the RB30Es have never really reacted greatly to mods. I have thought about a cam and a chip before, but from what I've seen they're largely a huge waste of money on an N/A.

They're effectively designed to have a turbo on them. I can't really stop you from your plans, but yeah just a little tip from one VL owner to another. smile.gif

Trust me I've owned mine for 8 years and you'll be needing money for other things. VLs are like hot super models. Great to look at, but are shits of things sometimes to live with on a daily basis lol. I still love them though.

vl2die4
    Post #7

QUOTE (Ryan86 @ Jun 27 2011, 01:59 PM) *
    $750 is a great price, but IMO mate you'd be better off saving your money for things like brakes, suspension etc. The only reason I say this is the RB30Es have never really reacted greatly to mods. I have thought about a cam and a chip before, but from what I've seen they're largely a huge waste of money on an N/A.

They're effectively designed to have a turbo on them. I can't really stop you from your plans, but yeah just a little tip from one VL owner to another. smile.gif

Trust me I've owned mine for 8 years and you'll be needing money for other things. VLs are like hot super models. Great to look at, but are shits of things sometimes to live with on a daily basis lol. I still love them though.

ive got a chiped computer in my n/a rb30 and i can notice the diffrent's.. i put it in my other vl n/a rb30 and it made a diffrents in that aswell..

Gagginforit
    Post #8

Looks nice and tidy! $750 is a good buy also, you should have some money left over to fix your GOD DAMN LAWN! Look at it. Your'e ruining it.

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
    Post #9

Can't say i'm a big fan but goodluck with it.

350stato
    Post #10

Is that a factory Turbo inlet pipe on that?

Adam VL 86
    Post #11

Na man just stock inlet pipe

Adam VL 86
    Post #12

Iv had to spent about $700 getting it road worthy. Its all good now so im gunna start on the motor and id rather keep my VL N/A til i get off my P's. Plus id rather hear a worked N/A rb30 then A TURBO rb30.

Adam VL 86
    Post #13

The calais front end would make it look way better

VL87DB
    Post #14

I somewhat agree with Ryan86 but since you sound prety set in your path basic headwork and induction is as far as i would go. These hotrods respond really well to a hollowed out cat too lol can notice more down low torque. Maybe some 3.7 gears would be a smart invesment also? looks promising bro just sack it smile.gif

Adam VL 86
    Post #15

Bro my VL gunna be sick when its finished haha Hopfully

phatrides
    Post #16

dont cut up your interior would look 10x better. looks good just lower it a little smile.gif

Adam VL 86
    Post #17

Its gunna get lowered very soon. Going to get king spring super lows

bigrig91
    Post #18

wow actually looks nice

2JZAristo
    Post #19

For what it's worth we've always done pretty well with RB30's responding to mods. I had an atmo R31 with a bit of work that ran comfortable and reliable high 14s. Didn't spend a fortune on it either. Re-ground cam ($110), Headwork (time), XF throttle body ($40) etc etc. If there's one mod I'd recommend doing it's getting a big cam. With a full exhaust and lumpy idle these things sound great! Very raspy savage sound to them. It's important to get the right mods done though from the right place. I agree, a lot of people out there just waste their money.

Adam VL 86
    Post #20

I have plans of putting a lumpy crow cam and chip in the rb30, Plus with abit of headwork and the bottom end worked.

kezvl
    Post #21

wouldve been better jkeeping the original intake pipe less restriction other then that clean

Adam VL 86
    Post #22

I bought it like that man lol

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x