bazr33
Post #1683

QUOTE (E-Z @ May 29 2011, 02:46 AM) *
what does everybody use to lower them?
im thinking of the s14 conversions :S

MX73 or MX83?

E-Z
Post #1684

soryy yes, mx83, i want to go pretty low with a comfortable ride still. and cheaper. or ill just get the megan kit if nothing cheaper, sub $500

sleepercorty
Post #1685

king springs and rav4 front inserts and ma70 rear shocks

DMphotography
Post #1686

QUOTE (bazr33 @ May 25 2011, 06:47 PM) *
Thanks for the info.

Race engineering wanted 225 per rim, to go from 6.5 to an 8" wide on the 16" rims.
Then had spoken to Depulu wheels on the gold coast and they wanted 176 per rim.

Probably wouldnt be too bad buying the bands for 60, but then who would cut and fit them for a good price.

I'll see how I go.

hey mate my mate makes wheels 7's 8's what eva ya want $300 a pair

bazr33
Post #1687

Hey guys,

Looking at possibly getting a Map ecu2 to piggyback onto the factory ecu.
Even though the SAFC2 has held up and still probably will to a certain point. Thought might go for a bit more tune ability etc, and be able to run 1000cc injectors etc later on.

Received a 2jz head back from being ported, bc crower 264 cams and springs, adj cam gears etc. Can't wait to get it on and slippity slide.

Will have a spare 2jz head at that point if anyone would be up for one.

E-Z
Post #1688

whats the best tutorial for wiring 1/2jz into cressida. i cant find wiring specifics, just pinouts

sleepercorty
Post #1689

where were all the cressidas at power play, thought there might of been a couple more there. was only mine and blue one "massrod" as known on here, hope there will be some other ones and the next one. here are a couple of videos of mine at powerplay

powerskids
offstreet drags
willowbank

bazr33
Post #1690

QUOTE (E-Z @ Jun 5 2011, 09:23 PM) *
whats the best tutorial for wiring 1/2jz into cressida. i cant find wiring specifics, just pinouts

You'll have a fun time trying to find info with 1jz/2jz wiring.

Is this something like what your chasing?
http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/termin..._ecm/index.html

There is a guy I know that has wired up a couple of cressidas now with 1jz/2jz's now, including mine.
He is a bit of a wizz with wiring and would recommend him to wire anything up.

Pm me if your interested to know details.

E-Z
Post #1691

yeah i can figure it out, was just hoping there would be a easy step by step so i dont have to use my brain lol

bazr33
Post #1692

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 5 2011, 09:35 PM) *
where were all the cressidas at power play, thought there might of been a couple more there. was only mine and blue one "massrod" as known on here, hope there will be some other ones and the next one. here are a couple of videos of mine at powerplay

powerskids
offstreet drags
willowbank

hahaha love it, bloody moves along very nicely. That R35 would of been holy shit he's right next to me.
Powerskid was pretty awesome.

Hope to be running close to where you are at some stage.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1693

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 5 2011, 09:35 PM) *

powerskids
offstreet drags
willowbank

love your work mate. did you beat the 35?

i was gonna come but had to work and the cressida we're just fixing minor issues then back to willow for me.

so whats planned for your boat now?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1694

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jun 5 2011, 09:20 PM) *
Hey guys,

Looking at possibly getting a Map ecu2 to piggyback onto the factory ecu.
Even though the SAFC2 has held up and still probably will to a certain point. Thought might go for a bit more tune ability etc, and be able to run 1000cc injectors etc later on.

Received a 2jz head back from being ported, bc crower 264 cams and springs, adj cam gears etc. Can't wait to get it on and slippity slide.

Will have a spare 2jz head at that point if anyone would be up for one.

o awesome man sounds like its coming along? you trying for 10z or whats your goal?

PIGGY whats the go with your car?

pig060
Post #1695

dan- havnt done anything with mine as ive changed jobs and had to finish off some house reno's for my little girls 1st bday. but now thats out of the way i should be able to get into it smile.gif its all there ready to be put back in but just have to get some flywheel bolts then drop it in. EDIT- just went and got my flywheel bolts just to make sure it happens hahahahaha.

bazr33
Post #1696

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 6 2011, 09:04 AM) *
o awesome man sounds like its coming along? you trying for 10z or whats your goal?

PIGGY whats the go with your car?

Yeah 10's would be nice on around 25psi with 500rwhp, but goal at the moment is to run a easy low 11.

Couple of things to do, then should be just tuning after that to get it spot on.

Just taking ages for me to get it where I want it, with everything else going on.

sleepercorty
Post #1697

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 6 2011, 08:59 AM) *
love your work mate. did you beat the 35?

i was gonna come but had to work and the cressida we're just fixing minor issues then back to willow for me.

so whats planned for your boat now?

it was pretty well a dead heat to the markers but he stayed on it abit longer as his brakes would definately be better than mine, if i hadnt of turned the tires so hard would of had it no dramas. someone did say that it does make 650awhp, if i had of beaten him i would of been into the final instead of him.
mine will probably get a bigger turbo soon looking to go to a 70-72mm comp wheel (only have 66mm now) which should help me get to 650-700rwhp which is about the limit of my gearbox, and would run 9.7-9.8 at around 140mph. 140mph is about all my 4.3 diff gears will give me in 3rd gear aswell.
when you heading back to the track?

sleepercorty
Post #1698

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jun 6 2011, 07:03 PM) *
Yeah 10's would be nice on around 25psi with 500rwhp, but goal at the moment is to run a easy low 11.

Couple of things to do, then should be just tuning after that to get it spot on.

Just taking ages for me to get it where I want it, with everything else going on.

nice do you still have the standard mx73 diff? are there any upgrade diffs for mx73 cause 500hp and sticky tires might be pushing your luck

bazr33
Post #1699

I have a ma61 supra diff on the car at the moment, which the ratio is around the 4.1 vicinity. (didn't check it)

But I have purchased a ra65 celica diff (ratio is 3.58) that fits and will be putting a truetrac centre in it, when I get around to it.

sleepercorty
Post #1700

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jun 6 2011, 08:55 PM) *
I have a ma61 supra diff on the car at the moment, which the ratio is around the 4.1 vicinity. (didn't check it)

But I have purchased a ra65 celica diff (ratio is 3.58) that fits and will be putting a truetrac centre in it, when I get around to it.

i was talking more about the fact that they are only 27 spline axles have seen them brake at 400-500hp. mx83 are good cause they have 30 spline standard

bazr33
Post #1701

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 6 2011, 09:13 PM) *
i was talking more about the fact that they are only 27 spline axles have seen them brake at 400-500hp. mx83 are good cause they have 30 spline standard

Yeah no idea if there are any options out there.

Might have to chat to some driveline mobs, and see if they are able to do some sort of custom job. I know one of the Mx73's put a gtr rear end and modified the axles some what. Might read into it.
I'll see how it goes. Won't be for a while i'll get to some decent power, and get all the bits and pieces I need.

sleepercorty
Post #1702

i was wondering when i drove my car to work this morning why my wideband was reading lean compared to what it normally does, when i opened the bonnet a saw the wastegate hose had blown off haha, so have been running easy 35+psi for the last couple of days and didnt even notice just thought my tyres were getting bald thats why it had really bad for traction but obviously it was just the extra boost

bazr33
Post #1703

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 7 2011, 08:05 PM) *
i was wondering when i drove my car to work this morning why my wideband was reading lean compared to what it normally does, when i opened the bonnet a saw the wastegate hose had blown off haha, so have been running easy 35+psi for the last couple of days and didnt even notice just thought my tyres were getting bald thats why it had really bad for traction but obviously it was just the extra boost

Hey what Wideband do you use?

I am looking at getting one just as a insurance to be aware that everything is running spot and having the right mixtures on when gettin up it.

Thinking of getting the AEM uego controller. for about 200 bucks

sleepercorty
Post #1704

innovate lc1 wideband

DMphotography
Post #1705

tech edge 2j2 are the best

julio_vasquez
Post #1706

So ive got a 2 door cressy lol gz20 1ggte super slug !

sleepercorty
Post #1707

what size turbos is everyone running, mine is currently a t04e/66mm with p trim wheel and .7 rear, but im looking at upgrading to something like this which is rated to around another 200hp but shouldnt be much difference in lag

Precision Turbo

pig060
Post #1708

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 12 2011, 12:01 PM) *
what size turbos is everyone running, mine is currently a t04e/66mm with p trim wheel and .7 rear, but im looking at upgrading to something like this which is rated to around another 200hp but shouldnt be much difference in lag

Precision Turbo

i only have a 35r with 1.06 rear housing. i want to go a 42r at some stage. i hear the new gtx range spools pretty quick compared to there old range. derek has the new gtx range on his (stock 1j) and seems to work well on the transbrake. also does anyone know if you can cut down the arp flywheel bolts and still work ok??? 1j dont have a listing but the 4ag works but are longer and they need to be cut down for it to work as my twin plate must have a thinner flywheel then my last single plate???

pig060
Post #1709

update, got most of the engine back together and box bolted up with the twinplate clutch setup. ready for me to drop it in tomorrow with the help of (gramps)also got rid of the traction control for a neater look. so ill have some more pics to come smile.gif went to a show with some of the qld boys on the weekend and wished my car was there so i better get into it.

sleepercorty
Post #1710

im getting even more jelous now, i want to get my engine bay painted but it gets dirty so quick as a daily driver so might have to build a weekend car that i can make pretty

BlueKE
Post #1711

Seems to be popular cars to be for performance of late,

You cant deny the figures these cars give

sleepercorty
Post #1712

anyone running wide tyres on a the rear of a mx83?, im running 235/60 15 et streets on a 7 inch rim with around a 50 offset but they are not big enough at the moment or for the future mods. they do a 255 which would be good but only with a 60 profile that makes it a 27 inch tyre, my current ones are a 26 inch tyre which is about as big diameter that i want to go, to keep the same 26 inch diameter i would have to go to 275 50 15 so just wondering if anyone has tires around a 275 and what offset rim they run

blackers10
Post #1713

what wheel and tyre combo is/was 1jz747 running?

sleepercorty
Post #1714

QUOTE (blackers10 @ Jun 29 2011, 06:40 PM) *
what wheel and tyre combo is/was 1jz747 running?

15x8 6.5 backspace, think he used to run the 255/60 15 et streets

pig060
Post #1715

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 29 2011, 09:25 PM) *
15x8 6.5 backspace, think he used to run the 255/60 15 et streets

shane was running a 255/50/16 on a soarer rim (16x7 +50) before he stripped it out with the drag wheels. im running a is250 16x7 with a 255/50/16 +45. i had to roll the guards for when it squats other wise it would rub but if you found the right offset you will get a 275 in there as i have heaps of room on the inside of the wheel arch with +45 maybe get some custom falcon pursuits made?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 49 of 64
Jump to page
25 User(s) are reading this topic (25 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x