Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 52 of 53
Jump to page
PROXENETA
Post #1786

Isn't that an accent?

bigp0_1
Post #1787

Great fun at QR will be great for the Excel Cup next month. 5 more sleeps til super Sunday at lakeside.
:hsdance:

PRO050
Post #1788

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Mar 8 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Great fun at QR will be great for the Excel Cup next month. 5 more sleeps til super Sunday at lakeside.
:mamoru:

Nice work on the weekend Paul, knocking 4 sec off your quilifier was a great effort.

Round 2 Excel cup is 5 weeks away plenty of time to get those cars on the grid.
Cheers Paul

GT_88
Post #1789

Hi All,

What size spec are the Federal Tyre that are used on track?

RSR ss 15x.......195..???

Cheers,

GT

bigp0_1
Post #1790

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Mar 9 2011, 05:42 PM) *
Hi All,

What size spec are the Federal Tyre that are used on track?

RSR ss 15x.......195..???

Cheers,

GT

595 RSR 195 50 15
or 595 SS 195 50 15 which is what I run they are a bit harder than the RSR and more readily available

bigp0_1
Post #1791

4 more sleeps :happy:

bigp0_1
Post #1792

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Mar 9 2011, 06:27 AM) *
Nice work on the weekend Paul, knocking 4 sec off your quilifier was a great effort.

Round 2 Excel cup is 5 weeks away plenty of time to get those cars on the grid.
Cheers Paul

Thanks Pauly. changed a few things this week hope to break into the 60's on Sunday.

bigp0_1
Post #1793

one more sleep :)

bigp0_1
Post #1794

Great job in the German eyes on the weekeng Pauly :D

benno.h
Post #1795

So I think I figured out what was wrong with our car, for anyone still following:

A bit of the cat was rattling around and intermittently blocking the exhaust.

I hope that was the problem anyway.

PRO050
Post #1796

QUOTE (benno.h @ Mar 16 2011, 12:33 PM) *
So I think I figured out what was wrong with our car, for anyone still following:

Get that thing ready for the next round of the Excel cup 17-4-11 at QR.

benno.h
Post #1797

Yeah mate, we'll be there. How was the race with the Geminis?

benno.h
Post #1798

hee hee!

boot_it
Post #1799

QUOTE (benno.h @ Mar 16 2011, 12:33 PM) *

Lol glad I posted about the cat symptom up earlier in this thread

PRO050
Post #1800

EXCEL CUP round 2 is on at Queensland raceway on the 17-4-11 so get those car ready and get out to QR for the Top Gear meet.
We had a great turn out for the first round and are hoping to build up to an even larger field. QR is a great track to race at with lots of run off.
Anyone needing a hand or not sure how to go about getting ready for this meet just drop me a PM.
I will have a second excel ready by this meet to help boost the numbers.
Cheers Paul

HANN S
Post #1801

If you all have a look at your auto action this week ,you will see that its not the Excel cup,its excel cup cars, and there is a suzuki swift winning the day overall,WTF?
I its our racing series,not the swifts and why the hell did they start at the front of the grid and how did they win the day?????
I ran QRDC with the geminis,and i think i would have finished 3rd over all, so why am i not in auto action as 3rd, well because i am not in the Gemini racing series.
So i beg the question to you all how? this will never happen again.
EXCEL CUP- is for Hyundai Excels not any other cars.
Next issue of Auto Action- Excel Cup Cars,1st Jamie Whincup,Holden Commodore-v8 supercar,888 racing,it was very close racing,and this lead too a presure mistake from Peter Nankervis from RDP racing(DNF) put it in the sand trap at Karrussell after a massive lock up,which let Wincup through into the led,with a closing Paul Buttler 2nd,with James Courtney 3rd, just holding out a very hard finnishing Brett Parrish 4th,Tander 5th,No Ford any were near the sharp end of the finn order.
Its the Excel cup,just us!

PRO050
Post #1802

QUOTE (HANN S @ Mar 18 2011, 11:02 PM) *
If you all have a look at your auto action this week ,you will see that its not the Excel cup,its excel cup cars, and there is a suzuki swift winning the day overall,WTF?
I its our racing series,not the swifts and why the hell did they start at the front of the grid and how did they win the day?????
I ran QRDC with the geminis,and i think i would have finished 3rd over all, so why am i not in auto action as 3rd, well because i am not in the Gemini racing series.
So i beg the question to you all how? this will never happen again.
EXCEL CUP- is for Hyundai Excels not any other cars.
Next issue of Auto Action- Excel Cup Cars,1st Jamie Whincup,Holden Commodore-v8 supercar,888 racing,it was very close racing,and this lead too a presure mistake from Peter Nankervis from RDP racing(DNF) put it in the sand trap at Karrussell after a massive lock up,which let Wincup through into the led,with a closing Paul Buttler 2nd,with James Courtney 3rd, just holding out a very hard finnishing Brett Parrish 4th,Tander 5th,No Ford any were near the sharp end of the finn order.
Its the Excel cup,just us!

I feel your pain, we as a group let the swifts run to give them a run, it was a mistake to let them gather points and should have all started rear of the grid. Track attack is saying it was a QR mistake but as a group it will be up to us to make the decisions involving our own races.
1 Paul Butler
2 Brett Parrish
3 Peter Nankervis is how it should have read.

HANN S
Post #1803

WTF,Peter made it to 3rd,his in the sand with bucket and spade mnacking sand castles.:)

bluecapri
Post #1804

Pete was just playing in the sand box adding weight bias to give everyone else a chance

olj235
Post #1805

Hey guys,

The wife is really up my rear end about selling this car.... and im not one 2 fight with a pregnant woman :mamoru:

Everything has been done to this car, comes with tonnes of spares and stuff im open for offers so check out the ad

car

GT_88
Post #1806

Hi All

For those who run the twin cam models, do you run a oil filter catch can ?

Thanks

bigp0_1
Post #1807

17 days to go till Topgear. Get your entries in. Also I have an extra car available to the right driver.

nodrog
Post #1808

Running my new car for the first time at Lakeside on Sunday!!! Woohoo.

It was 7 seconds per lap faster than my old X2 at QR so hopefully it will be a bit faster at Lakeside as well!!!

F1 Driver
Post #1809

Don't know if I'm crazy, but I have been considering having a crack of this if my karting callandar permits.
I've heard the single cam is the go? Better than twin cam??
Are there rules and regulations somewhere?

Any links would be tops.

Adam

wasas
Post #1810

Hi Adam,

Hope you come join us! its cheap and fun and as competative as you want it to be.
Rules are up on the trackattack.com.au website, check there.

there will be circuit racing on the 17 at QR if you wanna come talk to myself or some other drivers, the manager of the series as well will be there no doubt so any further questions you can ask him
As for single vs twin, the single motors are stronger, power is about the same, twins have 1-2 hp more apparently... but they have 500 rpm more before cutout, however at that point your loosing power

wasas
Post #1811

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Mar 31 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Hi All

For those who run the twin cam models, do you run a oil filter catch can ?

Thanks

We just have it as stock, plummed back into the intake.
if you run one you need both feeds into a can, and then to vent it.

PRO050
Post #1812

QUOTE (F1 Driver @ Apr 9 2011, 11:06 AM) *
Don't know if I'm crazy, but I have been considering having a crack of this if my karting callandar permits.
I've heard the single cam is the go? Better than twin cam??
Are there rules and regulations somewhere?

Any links would be tops.

Adam

Adam why would you be crazy? 65.4 sec lap around Lakeside is not to shabby in a low budget race car (around $6,000) or any car for that matter, considering the racing series swifts couldn't manage those times on semi slicks, lsd, race suspension ect and their around $40,000.
Clean close racing is what it's about with out blowing the budget.
Should have 15 plus cars for the QR meet on the 17th and then back to Lakeside for a full 20 car grid.
See you boys there.
Paul

bigp0_1
Post #1813

Wanted to buy 15" alloys for excel Phone Paul 0417003361

wasas
Post #1814

Roll call for sunday!
Whos in?

benno.h
Post #1815

PRO050
Post #1816

QUOTE (benno.h @ Apr 17 2011, 09:39 PM) *

great weekend for you guys well done

wasas
Post #1817

Thanks Paul. Would of been nice to have held t1 a little better in the first few races. Found out the Toe was well out hence the unstable rear end.
I'm looking forward to lakeside now and seeing if I can get up with you boys!

HANN S
Post #1818

Damm theres excels going everywhere,what a great weekend,thanks to everyone who put in,this is a great little race series that will keep growing. cant wait for lakeside,and peter will be much happier to get back there too.So he thinks!!.

HANN S
Post #1819

and has anyone seen any pics from the weekend?

PRO050
Post #1820

QUOTE (HANN S @ Apr 21 2011, 08:34 PM) *
Damm theres excels going everywhere,what a great weekend,thanks to everyone who put in,this is a great little race series that will keep growing. cant wait for lakeside,and peter will be much happier to get back there too.So he thinks!!.

Nice drive Brett, and a well deserved win, bring on Lakeside.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 52 of 53
Jump to page
41 User(s) are reading this topic (41 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x