Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 47 of 64
Jump to page
1.5jz cressida
Post #1611

il be keen to come, we need to orgaise a meet/cruise see all these rigs

57IFE
Post #1612

well im not goin for fastest manual cressida down the 1/4... but if i lived down there.. id want my car to be coolest cressida sliding at QR.....i just wanna do sideways stuff...

ol mate on last page was tlaking bout buying mine?? but ive decided to keep it..

id be keen on cressida cruise and drag meet.. if only i wasnt 600kms away.

do you guys reckon i should be able to make 400-450hp with my HKS t04r - its the old bush bearing type... 48mm turbosmart progate..and all the rest to support it.

im not happy with 385hp at 24psi. doesnt seem right.

57IFE
Post #1613

also... bought a new set of BC Racing coilovers....... once they are in, ill be selling my old ones.

JIC coilovers - 12kg front - 10kg rear.... bit old.. bit shagged... left rear makes sum noises... make an offer if sumone wants them.

sleepercorty
Post #1614

QUOTE (57IFE @ Apr 5 2011, 08:25 PM) *
well im not goin for fastest manual cressida down the 1/4... but if i lived down there.. id want my car to be coolest cressida sliding at QR.....i just wanna do sideways stuff...

ol mate on last page was tlaking bout buying mine?? but ive decided to keep it..

id be keen on cressida cruise and drag meet.. if only i wasnt 600kms away.

do you guys reckon i should be able to make 400-450hp with my HKS t04r - its the old bush bearing type... 48mm turbosmart progate..and all the rest to support it.

im not happy with 385hp at 24psi. doesnt seem right.

a hks to4r is basically the same as my turbo and i make 450rwhp at the tires 19psi and pump fuel through a big convertor, i do have camshafts but yours should be making more power than that, so somethng isnt right with your set up

pig060
Post #1615

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Apr 2 2011, 06:29 PM) *
yeh true, will have to organise something for a few months time do you think it will be back together by then?

yeah i want it done by the end of june as my tuner has hired QR for customers for the day to play up abit like powercruise smile.gif

pig060
Post #1616

QUOTE (57IFE @ Apr 5 2011, 08:27 PM) *
also... bought a new set of BC Racing coilovers....... once they are in, ill be selling my old ones.

JIC coilovers - 12kg front - 10kg rear.... bit old.. bit shagged... left rear makes sum noises... make an offer if sumone wants them.

let me know what there like as i want to get some bc's for my car?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1617

sleepy what diff ratio are you using? i got 3:9:1 seem to be topping just over 200

sleepercorty
Post #1618

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Apr 6 2011, 07:35 AM) *
sleepy what diff ratio are you using? i got 3:9:1 seem to be topping just over 200

4.3 ratio and third gear tops out to about 220kmh. thats at about 9000rpm but. being that you have 2jz i presume you only rev it to around 8000-8500rpm? for the times your chasing at the drags 210kmh is all you will need to run low 10's

57IFE
Post #1619

yeh...well, my motor has been thru a few owners.. maybe shes just old and clapped out and worn out... but yeh..im just running stock internals..cams etc... and thought for sure id be good for 400 - 420 on 25psi with my turbo. hmmm..not happy jan..

hopefully with my 2j bottom end and cams n head work ill make a fair bit more with that turbo.. im not keen on changing turbo set up...everything just fits nicely and is done right...dont want to touch it.

yeh not a problem mate.. ordered my BC's today, will be in by next weekend or so if i get the time. let you know.

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....entry1287249553 know anyone wanting sum old JIC ones??? they do the job...im just not happy with them.

Slide_thats5
Post #1620

57IFe is een your cressy a couple of weeks ago, at the bp on yammba road, i was in my lil sleeper lol

sleepercorty
Post #1621

my new dump pipe thanks to jamie

Replace Your Tyres
Post #1622

I need money more than i do my 2J cressida. Looking for $4500 inc Garret T04b not fitted. Might sell plates to if i get a good offer.
Starting my new business doesnt leave me much time or money for a project car. Anyone looking to pick up where i left off ? Its all mod plated.

Here is the link https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....amp;hl=cressida

bazr33
Post #1623

Anymore news with everyones cressidas?

Mine is currently in the shop getting a new gate put on, brake reservoir tank installed, battery relocated, 4" intake made etc.

On the offisde bought another head to have the 264 cams put in, upgraded valve springs and gears, with a slight port.

Can't wait. Just want to finally get this turbo pushing 25psi +.

After that, i will probably be getting into aftermarket ecu territory, and might start breaking stuff.

pig060
Post #1624

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Apr 17 2011, 06:15 PM) *

Mine is currently in the shop getting a new gate put on, brake reservoir tank installed, battery relocated, 4" intake made etc.

On the offisde bought another head to have the 264 cams put in, upgraded valve springs and gears, with a slight port.

After that, i will probably be getting into aftermarket ecu territory, and might start breaking stuff.

not really for me. i just bought a new daily so been playing around with that but ill be getting into the cressy over the easter break.

rollex17
Post #1625

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Apr 17 2011, 06:15 PM) *

Dunno if anyone wil care vause its not jz stuff lol. Put im putting in a fresh rebuilt 7mge into my mx73 instesd of my 330thousand ks 5mge so should be a lil better. Still keeping it manual. Looking for coilovers any help?? And also want to do a mx83 hub conversion so any pms with help or parts would be great

bazr33
Post #1626

QUOTE (rollex17 @ Apr 18 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Dunno if anyone wil care vause its not jz stuff lol. Put im putting in a fresh rebuilt 7mge into my mx73 instesd of my 330thousand ks 5mge so should be a lil better. Still keeping it manual. Looking for coilovers any help?? And also want to do a mx83 hub conversion so any pms with help or parts would be great

Don't know about the mx83 hub conversion but I used the crown ms123 hubs and was pretty straight forward.
You can also go the ford ba rotors on the front with r33 calipers. Just need to get the right size wheel hub rings and the brake lines can still be retained. (just need to bend them slightly and they bolt straight up)

Coilovers you can talk to ajps in SA. they will make them for you.

Are you thinkin of going far with the mx73, or just going to be a cruiser? Everytime I see 1jz or 2jz even now, they are gettin more accessible and price is quite reasonable. even parts that ya need for convo.

e.g., I just bought a 2jzgte computer ingniter and loom I am looking at which all comes under 200 bucks. 2jz engine I am also looking at which is currently around 1500 bucks.
comes with turbos, ecu loom and autobox. Can't go wrong with that with a 2jz.

All you need then is custom tailshaft, jzx81 engine mounts, wiring, mods on the power steering, and AC to suit and fair bit of time consuming fiddly shit, but you would work it out.

I haven't had a 7mge before, but I can't see it being too far off a 5mge and it gave me the shits how sluggish it was. can't be happier with a 2jz

rollex17
Post #1627

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Apr 19 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Don't know about the mx83 hub conversion but I used the crown ms123 hubs and was pretty straight forward.
You can also go the ford ba rotors on the front with r33 calipers. Just need to get the right size wheel hub rings and the brake lines can still be retained. (just need to bend them slightly and they bolt straight up)

Coilovers you can talk to ajps in SA. they will make them for you.

Are you thinkin of going far with the mx73, or just going to be a cruiser? Everytime I see 1jz or 2jz even now, they are gettin more accessible and price is quite reasonable. even parts that ya need for convo.

e.g., I just bought a 2jzgte computer ingniter and loom I am looking at which all comes under 200 bucks. 2jz engine I am also looking at which is currently around 1500 bucks.
comes with turbos, ecu loom and autobox. Can't go wrong with that with a 2jz.

All you need then is custom tailshaft, jzx81 engine mounts, wiring, mods on the power steering, and AC to suit and fair bit of time consuming fiddly shit, but you would work it out.

I haven't had a 7mge before, but I can't see it being too far off a 5mge and it gave me the shits how sluggish it was. can't be happier with a 2jz

Well mines only gonna be a cheap p plate slider/cruiser. And i only chose the 7mge cause it was cheap and an easy upgrade and closer with the p plate laws than a 2j more noticeable in the bay then a 7m.

pig060
Post #1628

ok thanks to the holidays i have been able to get into the cressy. got new genuine gx81 pedals bolted up. gearbox is hear with a twinplate clutch setup. got the engine cover, rocker covers, inlet manifold etc all painted and ready to be fitted. so its coming along and nearly ready to be all put back in smile.gif

bazr33
Post #1629

QUOTE (pig060 @ Apr 27 2011, 07:37 PM) *
ok thanks to the holidays i have been able to get into the cressy. got new genuine gx81 pedals bolted up. gearbox is hear with a twinplate clutch setup. got the engine cover, rocker covers, inlet manifold etc all painted and ready to be fitted. so its coming along and nearly ready to be all put back in smile.gif

Sounds good.
can't wait to see what it looks like with all the gear installed. Will be one tidy cressy.

pig060
Post #1630

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Apr 27 2011, 08:14 PM) *
Sounds good.
can't wait to see what it looks like with all the gear installed. Will be one tidy cressy.

cheers should look pretty nice i hope but i desided not to go over bored as im putting this setup in my is200 later on down the track. ill get some pics up once its back in.

blackers10
Post #1631

well i need to get a power steering hose made up for my mx83

I have the passenger side resevoir to install then just need the 2 hoses made up,
what cost should I be looking at and do I just take the car to the hose shop or ??

And to top it off i think my trans is acting up a bit when its changing gear, feels like it slips for ages then fuly engages and away we go especially the 2nd-3rd shift

what sort of cost do people pay for all the parts to make up a r154 conversion?
I would be installing myself

cheers guys

pig060
Post #1632

QUOTE (blackers10 @ Apr 27 2011, 10:40 PM) *
well i need to get a power steering hose made up for my mx83

I have the passenger side resevoir to install then just need the 2 hoses made up,
what cost should I be looking at and do I just take the car to the hose shop or ??

And to top it off i think my trans is acting up a bit when its changing gear, feels like it slips for ages then fuly engages and away we go especially the 2nd-3rd shift

what sort of cost do people pay for all the parts to make up a r154 conversion?
I would be installing myself

cheers guys

for the hoses i just measured how long i needed and then went down to a hose place and got them to make up what i needed. cost me about 100 from memory. r154 setup is not overly cheap by the time you get a box (upto 2000) clutch (standed 200-300? good heavy single plate $800 upto a twin plate $2000)then you got to get pedals, tailsharft extended $250ish. best bet is to look around for someone selling a r154 with clutch and put it in yours and will be much cheaper. or you can just get a mv auto box for about 3200? that will last.

blackers10
Post #1633

so damn expensive to go manual:(
but worth it??

The hose I need is the 1 that goes from the rack to the res isn't it?

the hose on mine that is made from heater hose and is going bad currently is the suction hose which I think i may have already attached to the alternate resevoir

bazr33
Post #1634

For anyone getting into conversion territory for their cressida, I have a couple of parts here that I am selling:

2jzgte ecu (from aristo) I'll let it go for 150ono
and 2jzgte igniter: I'll sell for 70

I have standard 2jzgte cams that i'll sell for 50 bucks, and will have a full 2jzgte head for sale in the next couple of months and good nick.

And if your looking at going ridiculous I have a GT42 turbo that I would let go for a grand. Its as good as new. Has had new seals, bearings and been balanced.
Its a huge mother.

sleepercorty
Post #1635

put my car on the dyno on saturday and made 480rwhp on 23psi will real traction problems on the dyno would smoke the tires no matter how hard or soft we strapped it. will put it on again this weekend and 30psi, will try again with these tires and if it still wants to spin will try a different set of tires. even if we cant get a true reading on the dyno MPH at the drags will give us a power figure

blackers10
Post #1636

nice work mate!!
look forward to seeing A) a good power run or B) a 1/4 run!

1.5jz cressida
Post #1637

‎11 flat 128mph 1.8 60ft on 17's normal street tyres, very soft stall, full trim, no changing tyres nothing, driven there as is, low 10sec car easy

sleepercorty
Post #1638

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ May 5 2011, 07:40 AM) *
‎11 flat 128mph 1.8 60ft on 17's normal street tyres, very soft stall, full trim, no changing tyres nothing, driven there as is, low 10sec car easy

so when are slicks going on, i should be going back down in the next couple of weeks. 128mph should get you to around 10.5 with a 1.6 60 foot

CLNGMH
Post #1639

you now have to change your sig time dan, hahaha

1.5jz cressida
Post #1640

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ May 5 2011, 11:02 AM) *
so when are slicks going on, i should be going back down in the next couple of weeks. 128mph should get you to around 10.5 with a 1.6 60 foot

im getting a better diff ratio, abit more boost and slicks so mate pm me when you're goin down but will need a weeks notice so i can get ready, last night i couldnt stall it at all it would fry the tyres so with semi slicks and better launch should see very low 10's,

1.5jz cressida
Post #1641

QUOTE (CLNGMH @ May 5 2011, 11:56 AM) *
you now have to change your sig time dan, hahaha

lol i did a 13 so il change it that. you goin out tonight? gotta get that video smile.gif

sleepercorty
Post #1642

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ May 5 2011, 12:38 PM) *
im getting a better diff ratio, abit more boost and slicks so mate pm me when you're goin down but will need a weeks notice so i can get ready, last night i couldnt stall it at all it would fry the tyres so with semi slicks and better launch should see very low 10's,

sweet, as for changing you diff ratio what do you rev your car to? my ratio is 4.3 but we rev mine to around 9250rpm and it tops out about 220kmh which is 137.5mph which i will need to run a 9. if yours only revs to say 8000-8500rpm? and you go to something like 4.3 you will be limited with your top end

1.5jz cressida
Post #1643

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ May 5 2011, 01:23 PM) *
sweet, as for changing you diff ratio what do you rev your car to? my ratio is 4.3 but we rev mine to around 9250rpm and it tops out about 220kmh which is 137.5mph which i will need to run a 9. if yours only revs to say 8000-8500rpm? and you go to something like 4.3 you will be limited with your top end

i have 391 ratio i was on limiter about 7200rpm we want a 371 ratio

sleepercorty
Post #1644

ah yes just checking that you wern't going the other way. i can get brand new gears if you need, otherwise late model hilux fit straight in PM me if you need more info

sleepercorty
Post #1645

mine gets tuned tomorrow for 30psi, i should really change my tires cause there shit on the dyno and just spin but im feeling pretty lazy so might not get around to changing them

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 47 of 64
Jump to page
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x