Post #1 post 3rd April 2011 - 08:23 AM
Engine: sr20det blacktop

Exhaust: 3" turbo back with genie cannon

Suspension: low king springs

Wheels: ghey wide 18" chromies

Modifications: strut brace pod and more boost

Stereo Audio / Visual: standard

Estimated Power: no idea

hey guys, my volvo decided to kark it recently leaving me no choice but to get a loan and buy a new car, and this time around i wasn't settling for second best.

here is the new much loved replacement. a 1996 nissan 200sx s14 series 2
sr20det blacktop
148000k's
full 3" turbo back exhaust with genie cannon, sounds like it's a worked sr20!
k&n pod filter
high mount stainless steel exhaust manifold
18" gay chromies (but really wide rims)
my calibre boost guage that i just put in today, and found it's running 13-14psi
absolutely immaculate and original inside and out, one of the cleanest examples i've seen going around.

this thing absolutely fucking screams, and i thought my ovlov had balls. grip in 2nd gear on damp roads is a challenge!

future plan's are a maybe at this point, screwing with such a clean car doesn't seem like the best idea but i really wanna make this car my own.

front mount and cooler piping are a must, the stock cooler is tiny as and the pipe running to it is semi crimped because of the way it's sitting.
heavy duty clutch, it currently has an oem clutch from what i can tell, doesn't do too bad but starts to slip after a bit of spirited driving.
turbo timer obviously.
may put on the volvo wheels but need to find out if i can swap over the tyres, really don't want 215's on the back of this as the 265's currently on it are still losing traction :P
oem luxury spec front lip and side skirts are a must to make this thing complete astheticly speaking.
the high mount turbo setup makes it easier later down the track when i get an apexi fc with hand controller and a bigger turbo too.

tell me what you think!
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a
1996 Nissan 200sx S14a

--------------------
current ride: ADM s15 http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/ind...owtopic=2168776
no runs/power figures yet
previous ride: s14 kouki http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=788182
13.897 @ 164.9kph in stockish form. bad launches.

Comments

• Boost Network 33
  • chaserface
    Post #2

s14's are for fags!

corolla_rsi
    Post #3

QUOTE (chaserface @ Apr 3 2011, 08:30 AM) *
    s14's are for fags!

i'll take that as sarcasm, considering you own a zenki s14.

VTR
    Post #4

Nice looking S14,first thing to do - get those wheels off!!!

Even find OEM wheels as at least you look the part with them on.

GL with it.

32driftpig
    Post #5

nice and clean just need to remove wing and mudflups lol and like u already said luxury lip and skirts are a must then good fitment jap wheels. imo

corolla_rsi
    Post #6

QUOTE (VTR @ Apr 3 2011, 08:43 AM) *

GL with it.

cheers mate, the wheels are growing on me though, i didnt like them either at first. i do have my old 18" wheels from my volvo but 215 tyres won't cut it on this thing, may have to get them swapped over or something. what do you guys reckon? swap them over or leave them as is? wheels pic is on first post. or check my topics for the volvo

chaserface
    Post #7

QUOTE (corolla_rsi @ Apr 3 2011, 08:37 AM) *

:P

looks clean and has alot of potential. so you gona use this for drag? time attack?

lux skirts and lip look pretty sweet on these. also wheels would do alot for this car.

boost bogan
    Post #8

^^ u said it

corolla_rsi
    Post #9

well considering this is my first turbo rwd and im not really familiar with sliding i'll probably gear more towards a time attack setup. drifting is fun but im more of a race guy than a drift guy.

TwinCam16
    Post #10

QUOTE (corolla_rsi @ Apr 3 2011, 08:37 AM) *

I would hardly call his an s14, more an abortion.

Nice car you got though, great base to start with.

32driftpig
    Post #11

^^^lol^^^

Bug Boy
    Post #12

I like it mate.

I got curious about how much they go for now and came across the ad for this one on carsales. Looks like you got a pretty decent deal imo.

Good luck!

corolla_rsi
    Post #13

QUOTE (Bug Boy @ Apr 3 2011, 09:00 AM) *
    I like it mate.

I got curious about how much they go for now and came across the ad for this one on carsales. Looks like you got a pretty decent deal imo.

Good luck!

cheers, believe it or not we haggled him down even further than the price listed, in total not including the rego that it needs in 2 weeks i picked it up for $8700. imo that's a friggin steal!

TwinCam16
    Post #14

That's a bloody good price for the condition as well.

Bug Boy
    Post #15

Wow! Nice one. Have fun.

jish
    Post #16

Its stock yet you dont think 215's will cut it :| in all honesty, just get new wheels and hunt around for what other sizes people run on s14's for some direction.

Turbo timers are wank factor items.

I'd also look at getting rid of that SS manifold when you go a larger turbo aswell.

MPM
    Post #17

QUOTE (VTR @ Apr 3 2011, 08:43 AM) *

GL with it.

This!

32driftpig
    Post #18

im selling my rims if ya interested check out what they look like on my red s14

corolla_rsi
    Post #19

QUOTE (jish @ Apr 3 2011, 09:16 AM) *
    Its stock yet you dont think 215's will cut it :| in all honesty, just get new wheels and hunt around for what other sizes people run on s14's for some direction.

Turbo timers are wank factor items.

I'd also look at getting rid of that SS manifold when you go a larger turbo aswell.

it's actually running 14psi atm, i'd hardly call that on the stock side, and the 265's are still really iffy even in the dry sometimes, i can't imagine the 215's being any better in any situation compared to the 265's. i'm going to see if my volvo's wheels are wide enough to fit the 265's on them, if they are then i'll go that route. not really looking to spend more money on wheels when i already have a perfectly good set.

turbo timer is essential for me, regardless if i only drove 2 mins down to the corner shop or a nice spin in the hills, i like to play it safe with my turbo.

as for the ss manifold i was already told to get rid of it as they tend to crack. so point noted. :P

stealth vk
    Post #20

tidy mate, i like it

oda70
    Post #21

the low profile tires arent the best for grip mate, could change those

corolla_rsi
    Post #22

QUOTE (oda70 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:20 AM) *
    the low profile tires arent the best for grip mate, could change those

thats true, although it also probably doesnt help that theyre shitty nankangs :P

ThunderBolt
    Post #23

QUOTE (corolla_rsi @ Apr 3 2011, 10:21 AM) *
    thats true, although it also probably doesnt help that theyre shitty nankangs :P

There's probably a lot of truth in that statement as there's a lot of factors are involved when talking about grip. It's not quite as simple as saying that you have wide tyres and therefore should have good grip. I'd rather have a good 215 tyre than a crap 265 tyre.

corolla_rsi
    Post #24

QUOTE (ThunderBolt @ Apr 3 2011, 10:51 AM) *
    There's probably a lot of truth in that statement as there's a lot of factors are involved when talking about grip. It's not quite as simple as saying that you have wide tyres and therefore should have good grip. I'd rather have a good 215 tyre than a crap 265 tyre.

might be right, will give the 215's a try next weekend to see how they fare and if they hold up well ill stick with them.

Cruiser_1978
    Post #25

Mt Gravatt Lookout ! good place and oh very nice s14 great price for it too...

yeah i say take those rims off and get better ones.

Good luck with it..

TwinCam16
    Post #26

QUOTE (corolla_rsi @ Apr 3 2011, 10:06 AM) *
    it's actually running 14psi atm, i'd hardly call that on the stock side, and the 265's are still really iffy even in the dry sometimes, i can't imagine the 215's being any better in any situation compared to the 265's. i'm going to see if my volvo's wheels are wide enough to fit the 265's on them, if they are then i'll go that route. not really looking to spend more money on wheels when i already have a perfectly good set.

turbo timer is essential for me, regardless if i only drove 2 mins down to the corner shop or a nice spin in the hills, i like to play it safe with my turbo.

as for the ss manifold i was already told to get rid of it as they tend to crack. so point noted. :P

No it's not.

You have a water cooled turbo.

Need for turbo times is for oil cooled only.

jish
    Post #27

QUOTE (corolla_rsi @ Apr 3 2011, 10:06 AM) *

In modifying terms 14psi through a standard turbo is still pretty stock :P

What tyres are you running, because 265's in the dry shouldn't skip out that easy on 14psi with a standard t28.

Good to know about the SS manifold :P

corolla_rsi
    Post #28

QUOTE (jish @ Apr 3 2011, 01:14 PM) *
    In modifying terms 14psi through a standard turbo is still pretty stock :(

What tyres are you running, because 265's in the dry shouldn't skip out that easy on 14psi with a standard t28.

Good to know about the SS manifold ;)

i think the tyres are nankang, i haven't really looked though. generally speaking i've heard nankangs are rubbish tyres, but this arvo up in springbrook they seemed to hold up really well in the twisties. giving it in 1st gear in a rolling start fries them up abit in the dry but 2nd gear is fine, it's in the wet where 2nd gear is losing traction too easy. in saying that they may be really shitty wet tyres, i dunno.

YOOFY
    Post #29

needs moar LOW!!!
    and new whels

but good base none the less

jish
    Post #30

Nangkangs are shit in the wet.

I should know, I have them as steer tyres.

8URVTEC
    Post #31

saw this on car sales, my mate went an had a look at this
    GL ;)

corolla_rsi
    Post #32

QUOTE (jish @ Apr 3 2011, 06:36 PM) *
    Nangkangs are shit in the wet.

I should know, I have them as steer tyres.

that must be the case then. i'll try out my 215 achillies atr sports (currently on the other set of rims i have) and see how they go. plus they're a hell of alot better looking too.

aussiemk2
    Post #33

good pick up.

good luck with your future mods

vectorazz
    Post #34

Tidy

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

17 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x