Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 46 of 64
Jump to page
sleepercorty
Post #1576

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 15 2011, 10:34 AM) *
fucking awesome pig, you'l have one of the cleanest cressida's getting around with power to boot.

baz when do you get you power tune?

corty hows the cressida any news?

my new gearbox is in but havent driven it yet cause my starter was broken, i have another one now so will get around to it in the next couple of days

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 16 2011, 08:57 PM) *
yeh pig sounds like a plan how long til yours is running? im thinking willow next wednesday.

pitty ive been lazy or i could of been ready to come down as well, it will be at least a couple of weeks before i go to the track again

jac89
Post #1577

QUOTE (pig060 @ Mar 16 2011, 07:41 PM) *
wheels look good. what spring set up do you have???

Running JIC coilovers. Dont know wat rates they are tho. I'll be keen for next wednesday drags, just watching but. 1j has a little while to go yet b4 i put it in. :thumbsup:

1.5jz cressida
Post #1578

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Mar 17 2011, 10:07 PM) *
my new gearbox is in but havent driven it yet cause my starter was broken, i have another one now so will get around to it in the next couple of days

pitty ive been lazy or i could of been ready to come down as well, it will be at least a couple of weeks before i go to the track again

well im goin down tomorrow got it ready for the dyno then straight to willow. im going with pro torque so we only have intensions to be kicked out :)

1.5jz cressida
Post #1579

any one parting out a? cressida i need a rear RHS passenger window mechanism...

pig060
Post #1580

hey 1.5jz what gear shifter is yours called??? and where did you get it from???

1.5jz cressida
Post #1581

pig: go to www.ebaymotors.com, type in b&m shifter. i bought it from the states cost bout $350 delivered from memory:)

sleepercorty
Post #1582

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 22 2011, 04:13 PM) *
well im goin down tomorrow got it ready for the dyno then straight to willow. im going with pro torque so we only have intensions to be kicked out :bowrofl:

finally got around to putting mine back together so should be ready for tune soon, did you end up making it to willowbank?

S2krazie
Post #1583

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 26 2011, 07:45 AM) *
pig: go to www.ebaymotors.com, type in b&m shifter. i bought it from the states cost bout $350 delivered from memory:)

Specifically went digging for this thread to say grats on your time on what looks to be a run in tune?

Low ET with such a low trap speed & only 400whp for a car that I'd presume is relatively heavy.

What are you expecting power wise & ET wise?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1584

QUOTE (S2krazie @ Mar 28 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Specifically went digging for this thread to say grats on your time on what looks to be a run in tune?

Low ET with such a low trap speed & only 400whp for a car that I'd presume is relatively heavy.

What are you expecting power wise & ET wise?

thanks............. i think

1.5jz cressida
Post #1585

pm sent to brad :(
as for any one else i ran that time about 2 years on the run intune. i got the car back just to put a new diff and cradle in and thought we should see what we get and we ended up with that time, we had a few dramas because of old wiring but pro torque has now fixed (free plug: PRO TORQUE IS THE PLACE TO GO BEEN MORE THEN HELPFUL). my goal is low 10's to be the fastest and most powerful street driven cressida in qld or evan oz through an auto, with pro torque i think its possible. iv been up against fast street cars (claiming 11 and quicker) and dusted them. do any of you boys know the fastest cressida in QLD and AUS?

sleepercorty
Post #1586

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 28 2011, 07:25 PM) *
pm sent to brad :P
as for any one else i ran that time about 2 years on the run intune. i got the car back just to put a new diff and cradle in and thought we should see what we get and we ended up with that time, we had a few dramas because of old wiring but pro torque has now fixed (free plug: PRO TORQUE IS THE PLACE TO GO BEEN MORE THEN HELPFUL). my goal is low 10's to be the fastest and most powerful street driven cressida in qld or evan oz through an auto, with pro torque i think its possible. iv been up against fast street cars (claiming 11 and quicker) and dusted them. do any of you boys know the fastest cressida in QLD and AUS?

i believe that mine would possibly be the fastest "daily street driven" cressida in the country, followed by the blue one with standard turbos and nos that ran 10.636 at 125mph. shanes (1jz747)one is faster obviously but is far from street driven these days and when it ran 10.17 it was stripped of interior and so on and running race fuel and nos, so really depends on how you class street car. mine is raced on pump fuel and et street tires driven to and from track with full interior and so on.
there is also the manual 2jz one that ran 10.1 but was on slicks/front runners and unsure what fuel and weither interior was stripped and so on.
it would be good to have some competition from another cressida, im hoping to run at least very close to 10.0 next time and possibly even a 9.99 but will see what happens on the dyno.
what fuel do you plan on using? and how much boost you looking to run

pig060
Post #1587

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 28 2011, 07:25 PM) *
pm sent to brad :dunno:

good to hear that you want to be one of the fastest street driven cressida's :) you may have a chance of being the fastest street driven in qld but its not going to be easy with sleepercorty and ill also be having a good go but im not aiming to be the quickest but just fast. ill be running 100% 98pump and want to run 10's driven there and home on street tyres.

pig060
Post #1588

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Mar 30 2011, 04:47 PM) *
i believe that mine would possibly be the fastest "daily street driven" cressida in the country, followed by the blue one with standard turbos and nos that ran 10.636 at 125mph. shanes (1jz747)one is faster obviously but is far from street driven these days and when it ran 10.17 it was stripped of interior and so on and running race fuel and nos, so really depends on how you class street car. mine is raced on pump fuel and et street tires driven to and from track with full interior and so on.
there is also the manual 2jz one that ran 10.1 but was on slicks/front runners and unsure what fuel and weither interior was stripped and so on.
it would be good to have some competition from another cressida, im hoping to run at least very close to 10.0 next time and possibly even a 9.99 but will see what happens on the dyno.
what fuel do you plan on using? and how much boost you looking to run

i would have to agree that you would be the fastest street driven full weight cressida atm. look forward to having a race in the future :dunno: but i think you are aiming to be quicker then i am. either way it will still be fun :)

1.5jz cressida
Post #1589

sleepy what have you ran again? well we'l do a couple runs on pump fuel then E85 psi wise il be wanting about 25psi but depends on pro torque, we have bigger injectors and turbo. i know il have issues with the gearbox holding up but all part of the fun, now i have no back seats the car is regestered as a 2 seater if i run faster then then you sleepy would ppl have a drama becuase we saved about 100kg intotal???

1.5jz cressida
Post #1590

p.s what was shane on pump or were 99% on race fuel? and what what be classified as the fastest? no cage no racefuel, no slicks........ etc????

sleepercorty
Post #1591

QUOTE (pig060 @ Mar 30 2011, 06:27 PM) *
i would have to agree that you would be the fastest street driven full weight cressida atm. look forward to having a race in the future :dunno: but i think you are aiming to be quicker then i am. either way it will still be fun :)

yes i am aiming a little furter now as the wife has another car now and dont have to rely on this being going every day. it has served her well as a daily driver for the last 3 years but and will still get driven 2-3 times a week. i really want to run a 9 now so probably wont stop till it gets there

pig060
Post #1592

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 30 2011, 06:48 PM) *
p.s what was shane on pump or were 99% on race fuel? and what what be classified as the fastest? no cage no racefuel, no slicks........ etc????

i think shane was on race fuel but could be rong. to me to be classed as the fastest street rego car would be something that you can fill up at the pump, dot tyres and driven to and from the track. cage doesnt bother me as its just extra wieght and you need it to run a 10 anyway. but everyone has there own opinion i guess.

pig060
Post #1593

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 30 2011, 06:47 PM) *
sleepy what have you ran again? well we'l do a couple runs on pump fuel then E85 psi wise il be wanting about 25psi but depends on pro torque, we have bigger injectors and turbo. i know il have issues with the gearbox holding up but all part of the fun, now i have no back seats the car is regestered as a 2 seater if i run faster then then you sleepy would ppl have a drama becuase we saved about 100kg intotal???

sleepercorty has run a 10.56@ 128

sleepercorty
Post #1594

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 30 2011, 06:47 PM) *

i have run 11.00 with 19psi and bp98 pump fuel and 10.56 with caltex pump e85 and 23psi only got one run with the e85 as i got booted for no cage. both runs were with 235/60 et streets and standard gearbox with only mod mv's valve body so dont underestimate the gearboxes they are strong, i have a built box now and hope it gets me into the 9's. we are tuning it again soon for 30psi and should make at least 600rwhp (it made 525rwhp on 23psi). if your cars registered as a 2 seater then its fair game as i see it. will be good to see how you run at the track, i have spent some time playing with the suspension to get it to run faster and should run 1.5 60 foots next time out. it should be a little easier for you as you have 3 litre and i presume not standard internals? mine is still bog stock 1jz bottom end so will be intrested in seeing the power differences.

sleepercorty
Post #1595

QUOTE (pig060 @ Mar 30 2011, 07:08 PM) *
i think shane was on race fuel but could be rong. to me to be classed as the fastest street rego car would be something that you can fill up at the pump, dot tyres and driven to and from the track. cage doesnt bother me as its just extra wieght and you need it to run a 10 anyway. but everyone has there own opinion i guess.

yeh im same as you driven to track, dot tyres and fuel from the pump. cage and harnesses and so on are fine as you need them to run faster than 10.99 anyway. im going to race again and hopefully atleast run 10.0-10.2 and then cage and so on will go in mine

1.5jz cressida
Post #1596

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Mar 30 2011, 07:20 PM) *
yeh im same as you driven to track, dot tyres and fuel from the pump. cage and harnesses and so on are fine as you need them to run faster than 10.99 anyway. im going to race again and hopefully atleast run 10.0-10.2 and then cage and so on will go in mine

so can we find out what shane ran on pump and street tyres??? sleepy no doubt you're the fastest you'd be my main competion which is good i love we have a few cressida's pushing massive power and quick 1/4. My motor is far from stock has great top end, i was invited out to i highway meet the other night i had the least amount of power few of those cars well into the 500+hp and 10's lets say they were shocked :oopsie: so gives me a rough idea of what i should run, test and tune is back on 9th of april so saturday is when i plan on goin down, sleepy what did you do to your box? and what size stall you running?

unclepaulie
Post #1597

hey guys,

after some advice (obviously most of you will be biased:P)

but im considering selling my EC5A galant VR4 to buy 57IFE's cressida (tyler i think, i spoke to him at powercruise)

anyone care to give me some pros/cons on owner and daily driving a cressida?

my galant is awesome, its kinda a sleeper, its awd and very torquey and the TTv6 gives off an incredible exhaust note.

but, being awd with lots of gismos its a bit exxy for maintenance. ayc rear diff etc

i just dont want to sell it and be really disappointed with a cressida. i dont think it would happen, but just incase.

another point to consider, is that i want to get into some casual circuit racing, so the galant would be awesome for that, but has so much stuff to go wrong with it.

just for comparison, the galant:
PROS:
awd
v6, twin turbo, so very torquey
look awesome [imho]
good on fuel...now...after lots of money

CONS:
east west v6, plus twin turbos and piping etc = cramped engine bay
servicing: oil, gearbox, dif, ayc etc
parts arent as common as cressida and JZ motors
awd mean non staggered wheels/tyres
no dori dori

sleepercorty
Post #1598

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 31 2011, 09:22 AM) *
so can we find out what shane ran on pump and street tyres??? sleepy no doubt you're the fastest you'd be my main competion which is good i love we have a few cressida's pushing massive power and quick 1/4. My motor is far from stock has great top end, i was invited out to i highway meet the other night i had the least amount of power few of those cars well into the 500+hp and 10's lets say they were shocked :oopsie: so gives me a rough idea of what i should run, test and tune is back on 9th of april so saturday is when i plan on goin down, sleepy what did you do to your box? and what size stall you running?

i think shane ran all of his 10's on race fuel but could be wrong, he did run radials but stripped interior for the track thats about all i know. my gearbox started to slip the forward clutches when i ran my 10.5 so wanted to fix that before more power. my motor has a good top end as well i picked up a head that was ported by jhh with jun cams i just have a standard bottom end. my convertor is about 4000-4500rpm

sleepercorty
Post #1599

went for a little drive this morning to test gearbox out and is a big improvement, i knew the old gearbox was slipping but didnt realise how much, is heaps stronger on the road now and will see what difference it makes on the dyno soon.
new manifold is on just need dump pipe made and were back in action

1.5jz cressida
Post #1600

what size rear housing have you got? so what did you do to the gearbox? is it still the A340e?

sleepercorty
Post #1601

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Mar 31 2011, 06:15 PM) *
what size rear housing have you got? so what did you do to the gearbox? is it still the A340e?

.70 rear housing for now, might go to a .84 if we ever go 30-35psi. gearbox is still a340e and was done by a mate we added about 7 extra clutches so will see how it goes. hopefully will be racing again in next few weeks, have started to make the car ready for ANDRA specs for the future

blackfeet
Post #1602

just a few happy snaps of my pride and joy =D all wheels painted now just gotta get better pics...

overandout
Post #1603

This is a link to me mates cressy has a 1jz in it with a big snail off the side. Quality of vid is shit. ENJOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsntmcm-pNA

ForcedFed6
Post #1604

QUOTE (overandout @ Apr 1 2011, 08:25 PM) *
This is a link to me mates cressy has a 1jz in it with a big snail off the side. Quality of vid is shit. ENJOY

Hmm... That car looks familiar :oopsie:

1.5JZ Cressida : Will be good to see your thing at the track... We'll try and get sleepercorty's done to bring it down as well.

sleepercorty
Post #1605

QUOTE (overandout @ Apr 1 2011, 08:25 PM) *

haha didnt even realise the first time i watched it, its another cressida that will run 10's no dramas similar to my setup and also tuned by ForcedFed6 made 460 or 480rwhp cant remember. there is also another one underway that we are doing that will be chasing 10's eventually.
so there will be 3 cressidas from up this way running 10's very soon so plenty of competition for everybody

sleepercorty
Post #1606

QUOTE (ForcedFed6 @ Apr 1 2011, 10:56 PM) *
Hmm... That car looks familiar :P

1.5JZ Cressida : Will be good to see your thing at the track... We'll try and get sleepercorty's done to bring it down as well.

will see how this week goes may be able to make it down saturday all going well, its up to you to make the power for me im not scared of breaking stuff. i already want more that 30psi and we havent even got there yet :P

pig060
Post #1607

the old cressida's are getting popular :P ive desided to give the manual another go and have a twinplate clutch coming so hoping that might sole my clutch problems and run a better time. either way im not after 10's but would be great :P might go for the quickest manual in qld :P

sleepercorty
Post #1608

QUOTE (pig060 @ Apr 2 2011, 04:08 PM) *
the old cressida's are getting popular :P ive desided to give the manual another go and have a twinplate clutch coming so hoping that might sole my clutch problems and run a better time. either way im not after 10's but would be great :P might go for the quickest manual in qld :P

quickest manual will be much easier that quickest auto lol. just add 30psi of boost with the manual and 10's are possible. we might have to have a cressida drag day soon seeing as there are so many getting around

pig060
Post #1609

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Apr 2 2011, 05:00 PM) *
quickest manual will be much easier that quickest auto lol. just add 30psi of boost with the manual and 10's are possible. we might have to have a cressida drag day soon seeing as there are so many getting around

hahaha yeah not as many manuals around i guess. dont think ill get 30psi out of mine with only 870cc injectors on 98?

sleepercorty
Post #1610

QUOTE (pig060 @ Apr 2 2011, 05:48 PM) *
hahaha yeah not as many manuals around i guess. dont think ill get 30psi out of mine with only 870cc injectors on 98?

yeh true, will have to organise something for a few months time do you think it will be back together by then?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 46 of 64
Jump to page
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x