Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 44 of 64
Jump to page
pig060
Post #1506

just a sneak peak so far :lol: just in primer before guide coat.

57IFE
Post #1507

Hey all.... found the thread.. thought id say heeyyyooo...

just bought a cressi end of last year... slydin cressi styles's old one...skidmans build...etc.. im sure most you may know the car??

anyway... im slack to read 61 pages of stuff... so ill just join in about here sumwhere..

57IFE
Post #1508

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....=684724&hl=

currently making 385hp on 23-24psi.....im not as happy with that tho.. i want and should be able to get in the 400s??? got it tuned at paramount performance...but been told to take it to matty spry at pits??

live up north in rockhampton, so a tune trip down south just cost a fair bit..fuel..accomodation..tune..food..fuel home... so yeh, one day ill start saving for another tune.

went to powercruise in it lastyear..2nd time there, had a blast in car that actually makes sum power..dissappointed bout the drift side of the event.. hopefuly make it to a friday night/sat morn drift day mid year sumtime..

pig060
Post #1509

QUOTE (57IFE @ Feb 8 2011, 07:32 PM) *
https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....=684724&hl=

currently making 385hp on 23-24psi.....im not as happy with that tho.. i want and should be able to get in the 400s??? got it tuned at paramount performance...but been told to take it to matty spry at pits??

live up north in rockhampton, so a tune trip down south just cost a fair bit..fuel..accomodation..tune..food..fuel home... so yeh, one day ill start saving for another tune.

went to powercruise in it lastyear..2nd time there, had a blast in car that actually makes sum power..dissappointed bout the drift side of the event.. hopefuly make it to a friday night/sat morn drift day mid year sumtime..

welcome dude, yeah ive seen the car around i was at powercruise with my cressy. your car should be making more power then that on that boost i would think??? were you driving your car on moss st on sunday morning??? thought i seen your car drive past??? if your down this way you should drop in a see rick at efi performance. they tuned my car and currently tune the quickest 1jz in aus. they also have a few customers that have tuff jz's.

blackers10
Post #1510

hopefully one day mine will be a tough cressida ;) lol

pig060
Post #1511

QUOTE (blackers10 @ Feb 8 2011, 07:53 PM) *
hopefully one day mine will be a tough cressida ;) lol

lol ull get there dude. at least you have a cressy with a 1j in it. there is alot out there cruising around with 7m's still.

57IFE
Post #1512

hey mate.. moss st?? nah.. def not me.. im in rockhampton... and have no licence for 2yrs... so you'll only see me on the track..

yeh.. it says on the mod list( which i just copied n paste from when i bought it)... that it has a ball bearing turbo.. but i had to get the turbo rebuilt.. and its only a old bush bearing one..... but yeh, i thought for sure more power...

efi performance.. will def look into them...thanks for the advice..

pig060
Post #1513

QUOTE (57IFE @ Feb 8 2011, 09:44 PM) *
hey mate.. moss st?? nah.. def not me.. im in rockhampton... and have no licence for 2yrs... so you'll only see me on the track..

yeh.. it says on the mod list( which i just copied n paste from when i bought it)... that it has a ball bearing turbo.. but i had to get the turbo rebuilt.. and its only a old bush bearing one..... but yeh, i thought for sure more power...

yeah i wasnt sure when you said rocky lol it must have been a different one that went past as i didnt really get a good look.

nuggz1j
Post #1514

Does anyone know where i could get a mod plate from around the northside preferably and how much it is

blackers10
Post #1515

i saw a dark green? coloured one number plate JZX81 hangin some laps of Lakeside Raceway on Saturday

The biggest issues with mine at the moment are the diff bushes that im getting done as soon as they arrive this week hopefully(damn snail mail from the states)

the other issue is when your at 80ish kmh and you are just coasting along just resting on the accelerator it feels like it goes from acceleration to engine braking all the time almost like a switch

its REALLY annoying

pig060
Post #1516

QUOTE (nuggz1j @ Feb 8 2011, 10:18 PM) *
Does anyone know where i could get a mod plate from around the northside preferably and how much it is

ill pm you who did mine.

sleepercorty
Post #1517

QUOTE (57IFE @ Feb 8 2011, 09:44 PM) *

yes you should be making more power thats the same size as my turbo and mine makes 450rwhp at around 20psi and thats through an auto and big convertor, i do have camshafts but thats still doesnt sound right. if your willing to come to Toowoomba again let me know and can get you a good deal on a tune with my mate that does mine.
hoping to see 600rwhp out of mine in the next few weeks if the gearbox plays the game

zacy-g
Post #1518

Hey all cressie owners, have a mate who just got his hands on an mx-83 with a 7mge in it and a supra 5 speed bolted up to it..

Now a few questions...
1. What will need to be done to allow the installation on a 1jz? Modification to mounts etc??
2. Where can he source a set of coilovers from? Had a look on ebay, local import shop and they seem to be few and far between..
3. What wheel widths will fit under just rolled guards? And what is good offset for an mx83?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1519

well with the mounts it SHOULD bolt straight in all mine have sometimes abit playing around. make sure you have the front sump tho. deff buy a half cut.

coil overs no clue

wheels i had 19's 245 wide and just rolled the guards no scrubbing was nice fit 35+ offset

SLEEPY: where do you live? any one goin to harry's wanna meet some other guys. bit over barret and pig.......... i kid i kid you guys are cool

blackers10
Post #1520

You can get BC coilovers for the cressidas
I'm trying not to drive mine much till my bushes are fixed as I'd rather not have a diff fall out the back like yours did 1.5j lol

sleepercorty
Post #1521

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Feb 9 2011, 01:21 PM) *
well with the mounts it SHOULD bolt straight in all mine have sometimes abit playing around. make sure you have the front sump tho. deff buy a half cut.

coil overs no clue

wheels i had 19's 245 wide and just rolled the guards no scrubbing was nice fit 35+ offset

SLEEPY: where do you live? any one goin to harry's wanna meet some other guys. bit over barret and pig.......... i kid i kid you guys are cool

im from toowoomba so its a bit of a travel to harrys for me, but will try make it one day. we should make a drags trip maybe im always keen for the drags

1.5jz cressida
Post #1522

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Feb 9 2011, 02:34 PM) *
im from toowoomba so its a bit of a travel to harrys for me, but will try make it one day. we should make a drags trip maybe im always keen for the drags

yeh mate organise it il get the car tuned and go for gold

blackfeet
Post #1523

Hey i just got myself a MX73 cressida and i heard that coilovers are hard to come by for these.. is this true?

sleepercorty
Post #1524

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Feb 9 2011, 02:57 PM) *
yeh mate organise it il get the car tuned and go for gold

yeh well you better get yours tuned then, mine is getting pump fuel tune one night this week, and maybe e85 30psi tune next week then will be good to go if gearbox is ok with the power

57IFE
Post #1525

arnt coilovers - adjustable camber - toe arms etc.. all the same as a jzx81 chaser????

yeah.. i wont be down that way for a while in my car, will prob get tune done in bris sumwhere..

anyone know where i can get a roof spoiler for a cressida?? weblink?

blackers10
Post #1526

sure are 57IFE but a MX73 is the older model shape

bazr33
Post #1527

QUOTE (blackfeet @ Feb 9 2011, 03:34 PM) *
Hey i just got myself a MX73 cressida and i heard that coilovers are hard to come by for these.. is this true?

Not hard to come by, just expensive.

Couple of places in america do them. There is megan coilovers, which I have seen on ebay a couple of times for mx73.

Also place to try is All Japanese panels and spares in SA. www.ajps.com.au.
I am still waiting on some gear at the moment from them, but they did say they can do coilover setups for mx73's. Mainly look at parts for old skool toyotas.

I can let you know if I get my parts from them, as I have been waiting awhile.

I bought street spec springs, lower control arms bushes and strut brace. They also can rear swaybars, which selby do, but require your swaybar to make it.

zacy-g
Post #1528

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Feb 9 2011, 01:21 PM) *

coil overs no clue

He has a front-sumped 1jz single turbo motor lined up from the local jap import yard, complete with loom and ecu..

Just needs to know where to get coilovers to raise it back up as who he got it off had it set up for drifts and is about 50mm at it's lowest point and stiff as fuck..

Thanks for the info :P

blackfeet
Post #1529

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Feb 9 2011, 10:08 PM) *
Not hard to come by, just expensive.

Couple of places in america do them. There is megan coilovers, which I have seen on ebay a couple of times for mx73.

Also place to try is All Japanese panels and spares in SA. www.ajps.com.au.
I am still waiting on some gear at the moment from them, but they did say they can do coilover setups for mx73's. Mainly look at parts for old skool toyotas.

I can let you know if I get my parts from them, as I have been waiting awhile.

I bought street spec springs, lower control arms bushes and strut brace. They also can rear swaybars, which selby do, but require your swaybar to make it.

ohok ...cheers for that, i'll go check out their page now.

sleepercorty
Post #1530

1600cc injectors are fitted and picked up just over 500litres of e85 today so time for tune in the next couple of weeks

57IFE
Post #1531

so the rear upper balljoint on my left is flogged out...bulk wheel movement...need it fixed quick, and couple of bushes in the rear arms are fucked...so i rang around, cant get just the balljoint... gotta order the whole upper control arm.. .cant just get the other bushes i need... gotta order the whole arm.... from japan... OH..and the upper arm i need, the important one.. 380bucks...AND..they dont make em anymore.. so itd be an extra wait... juuuussssttttt lovellllyyy..

got ahold of sum 2nd hand arms n crap.. hopefully the bushes n balljoints in them are better then wat i got. to get me out of trouble for a while.

nuggz1j
Post #1532

Hi guys does anyone know of a decent auto sparky as i need to get my ecu and wiring harness put into my 83 and i also need to know of recommendations for exhaust shops on northside of brisbane

blackers10
Post #1533

Fat Pipes at Kallangur/Petrie
Les and the guys will look after you

I just got a 3" done through the and am very happy with the product
as are 90% of hot rodders and the rest who go there (always something tough as on their hoists)

while your there ask them about a sparky as they would know whos good given their cars and stuff

nuggz1j
Post #1534

Cheers would you by any chance have their number or address still

bazr33
Post #1535

Had some springs that I purchased from AJPS in SA and a strut brace installed yesterday.
Street Spec springs 50mm lowered, non-captive, 8kg fronts with 6kg rears.
kyb excel front shocks ( the front standard ones were farked)

Obviously with nice shockies all round would make a bit of difference, but how it sits and rides from before is a big difference.

I had king springs in it before, and these springs made quite a bit of difference, and very happy with how it handles and sits.

So if any guys are chasing some springs for your cressida. Check out AJPS first before you go anywhere else and go on their website www.ajps.com.au.

57IFE
Post #1536

anyone know of a set of coilovers for a mx83?? i got a set of jic ones...but i wanna replace em..

blackers10
Post #1537

3285 7417 is fat pipes number

Can't think of their address

As for coilovers alot of guys are goin BC racing coilovers

sleepercorty
Post #1538

looking good bazr33, ive finaly got my car to idle with 1600cc injectors what a mission that was spent alot of time doing tune under 3000rpm so it doesnt use to much fuel

57IFE
Post #1539

yeh i noticed the bc racing ones.... also got my eyes on the megan racing ones too... unsure wat they are like tho...any of you have any info???

justjap are aus place for bd coilovers... but cant find the megan racing ones in aus.

also.. i have no idea wat kg spring rates to get....not to worried bout comfort....just want it to drift and skid good and sit as low as i have it now...

i dont like my JIC ones...with the rear sitting that low, the spring isnt compressed up..its just loose, bouncing up and down...its not right.. taken it to suspension shop.. but they said its the type of coilover that if i want it that low, it has to be like that... no lock nut to hold the spring up...all other coilovers ive seen have a lock net to hold the sring up tight...and the other lock nut for the height adjustment.. if u get wat i mean..

anyway..yeh.

nuggz1j
Post #1540

Cheers black hopefully ill be out and about soon cruising and meeting you guys cressida's rule haha

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 44 of 64
Jump to page
31 User(s) are reading this topic (31 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x