Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 51 of 53
Jump to page
bigp0_1
Post #1751

QUOTE (Marlin @ Jan 14 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Gate usually opens around 8am buddy. Driver's briefing at 9.

Even though it is an afternoon event?

nodrog
Post #1752

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Jan 15 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Even though it is an afternoon event?

Looks like an all day event to me.
Starts at 9.30 and ends at 4.30

Check out the Queensland Racway calendar for details.

olj235
Post #1753

Hello all,

It has come that time that i am selling the excel for family reasons :P
Most of you would have seen the car out on the track, it has been fully rebuilt from head to toe..

98 Excel gx series 3 twin cam
Fully Rebuilt Motor inc head,pistons,rings,bearings the works
New Injectors and fuel rail
Fully Rebuilt Gearbox inc exedy clutch
New RED Pedders Shocks Top Of The line
New King Springs Low Springs
New Bushes front to back
New Rear Sway Bar
Full Cage by Paul Butler all padded
RPM 4point 2inch race harness
ISOTTA Race Seat
Autometer Monster Tacho
Calibro Gauges
Drift Race Wheel
Fully adjustable camber pins all round, computer aligned suspension by pedders.
Arays Race Wheels with Achilles 123
Remote Battery Box with New HD battery
Also comes with 1.5 tonne engine crane and engine stand, spare intake,throttle body and heaps more
Also comes with alot of spares
Spent over 18k on this project
This car is for someone who wants to get serious :P
The car is painted and has all stickers rdy for race, has only done 3 races and is very strong.
Also have full RPM race suit inc fireproof socks, face mask and helmet and boot all in new condition.

Looking for 8k or ONO

get in quick for the new season starting soon ;)

Email [email protected] for info

Thanks and hope to see you all at the next race.....

TyD
Post #1754

Hey guys, sounds like awesome fun,

Just wondering when the next sprints are on at lakeside?

Also, what drivers license do you need?

wasas
Post #1755

Lakeside sprints are sunday I think, A little late to register now (tho u can try!), circuit racing on the 23/2 will be the one to watch tho! that shit goes epic.

as for licence, I dont think you even need one? well not a drivers licence anyway. You do need a AASA std one for $60 by memory, and for the circuit you need a AASA clubman one (200$ a year)

bigp0_1
Post #1756

3 more sleeps :P

El Pedro
Post #1757

AASA is not $200 a year I think it's around $60 from memory

TIM 83
Post #1758

I have an excel for sale if someone wants one pretty cheap to race, it's been my work car but my wife just got a new car and gave me her old car.

$500 but it won't come with rego or roadworthy

PM me

cheers tim :P

nodrog
Post #1759

QUOTE (El Pedro @ Feb 10 2011, 05:37 PM) *
AASA is not $200 a year I think it's around $60 from memory

AASA Clubman, suitable for sprinting is $55, and AASA National suitable for circuit racing is $210.

Application form at http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/pdf/00...Application.pdf

zuboo
Post #1760

QUOTE (olj235 @ Jan 17 2011, 03:19 PM) *
Hello all,

It has come that time that i am selling the excel for family reasons :mamoru:
Most of you would have seen the car out on the track, it has been fully rebuilt from head to toe..

98 Excel gx series 3 twin cam
Fully Rebuilt Motor inc head,pistons,rings,bearings the works
New Injectors and fuel rail
Fully Rebuilt Gearbox inc exedy clutch
New RED Pedders Shocks Top Of The line
New King Springs Low Springs
New Bushes front to back
New Rear Sway Bar
Full Cage by Paul Butler all padded
RPM 4point 2inch race harness
ISOTTA Race Seat
Autometer Monster Tacho
Calibro Gauges
Drift Race Wheel
Fully adjustable camber pins all round, computer aligned suspension by pedders.
Arays Race Wheels with Achilles 123
Remote Battery Box with New HD battery
Also comes with 1.5 tonne engine crane and engine stand, spare intake,throttle body and heaps more
Also comes with alot of spares
Spent over 18k on this project
This car is for someone who wants to get serious :rolleyes:
The car is painted and has all stickers rdy for race, has only done 3 races and is very strong.
Also have full RPM race suit inc fireproof socks, face mask and helmet and boot all in new condition.

Looking for 8k or ONO

get in quick for the new season starting soon :oopsie:

Email [email protected] for info

Thanks and hope to see you all at the next race.....

You spent 18 k on an XL, maybe try my105 to sell

bigp0_1
Post #1761

one more sleep :)

m.o.d.aus
Post #1762

QUOTE (TIM 83 @ Feb 10 2011, 05:52 PM) *
I have an excel for sale if someone wants one pretty cheap to race, it's been my work car but my wife just got a new car and gave me her old car.

$500 but it won't come with rego or roadworthy

PM me

cheers tim :)

Interested, sent you a pm

Cheers.

PRO050
Post #1763

First round of Top Gear at Lakeside this Sunday 20th feb with a 16 car field for the Excel Cup, come check it out.
Cheers Paul

datto510
Post #1764

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Feb 17 2011, 03:43 PM) *
First round of Top Gear at Lakeside this Sunday 20th feb with a 16 car field for the Excel Cup, come check it out.
Cheers Paul

Nice :ph34r:

Robby
Post #1765

full field or spots remain?

PRO050
Post #1766

QUOTE (Robby @ Feb 17 2011, 03:56 PM) *
full field or spots remain?

Still spots just have to check if Dave from Trackattack can get you in, QR have closed entries but I can't see why they wouldn't want more cars.
Cheers Paul

bigp0_1
Post #1767

One more sleep til the Excel Cup can't wait :thumbsup:

PRO050
Post #1768

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Feb 19 2011, 05:49 AM) *
One more sleep til the Excel Cup can't wait :thumbsup:

Entries are closed, 17 car field for Excel cup.

benno.h
Post #1769

Awesome day today. Roughed up a Swift a bit when he went for a gap that wasn't there. :) Bit of a bummer that our engine let go in the last race, I think I was in 4th at that point.

I've been twiddling with the iPhone and an app called Harry's Lap Timer. Check it out:

Here's vid of practice yesterday:

datto510
Post #1770

Nice one guys :lol:
I am thinking of leasing an Excel for the next round.

PRO050
Post #1771

QUOTE (datto510 @ Feb 21 2011, 06:04 AM) *
Nice one guys :lol:
I am thinking of leasing an Excel for the next round.

Excel's are also running in the next round of the QRDC at Queensland raceway 5&6th March, this is not part of the Excel cup as we will be running in with the gemini's.
Any car that meets Topgear regs (1/2 cage, seat, harness, kill switch ect.) will be able to run in this meet.
Pm me for more info and entry forms.
Cheers Paul

PRO050
Post #1772

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Feb 21 2011, 06:26 AM) *
Excel's are also running in the next round of the QRDC at Queensland raceway 5&6th March, this is not part of the Excel cup as we will be running in with the gemini's.
Any car that meets Topgear regs (1/2 cage, seat, harness, kill switch ect.) will be able to run in this meet.
Cheers Paul

Be a good practice for the Excel guys that haven't raced at QR before as the next Excel Cup round is also at QR in April.

bigp0_1
Post #1773

Team driver wanted for Excel contact Paul on 0417003361 for more info

datto510
Post #1774

PM sent.

PRO050
Post #1775

Excel can run QRDC on the 5&6 March at Queensland raceway PM me for entry details.
Cheers Paul

PRO050
Post #1776

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Feb 21 2011, 06:26 AM) *
Cheers Paul

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who's in?

PRO050
Post #1777

From the Track Attack website

EXCEL CUP ROUND 1 SUCCESS
NEWSFLASH

Round 1 of the Excel Cup Top Gear Circuit Racing a resounding success.

With 12 Excels and 4 Suzuki Swift Series cars joining the field our first round of racing for 2011 was fantastic viewing for the large crowd of Spectators at Lakeside Raceway.

Congratulations go to all the drivers who received numerous compliments regarding their level of professionalism on the day.

Race 1 went to Peter Nankervis holding off a very determined Suzuki with Paul Butler and Brett Parish holding off 2 more swifts for 3rd and 4th.

Race 2 Peter again showed the swifts how to pedal around Lakeside with Paul finishing 4th.

Race 3 Peter held the swifts off for a couple of laps before locking a brake going into Karosel and beaching himself, Paul finished 2nd with Brett and Steve Hay rounding out the top 5.

Race 4 finished with a swift in 1st Paul 2nd Brett 5th and a hardcharging Peter finishing 6th after starting rear of field.

We wish the swifts all the best as they travel to Calder Park for the first round of their National Series, but I am sure that some of them were scratching their heads at the performance of the Mighty Excels.

Catch the next Round of the Excel Cup at Queensland Raceway Sunday 17th April 2011

bigp0_1
Post #1778

I have a couple of sets of camber pins for sale. Set of four $100.00 call me on 0417003361

GT_88
Post #1779

HI All,

I'm chasing some longer wheel nuts for the excel x3.
The standard ones are a little short in length for the alloy wheels.

Anyone using something else other than standard?

Thanks.

benno.h
Post #1780

So, guys, I'm trying to figure out what's up with the Pork Hunt Excel.

We have an intermittent problem that is causing significant power loss - in the last race I was placed 4th when it hit, and was subsequently overtaken by nearly every single Excel within two laps - even the guys that are 8-10 seconds a lap slower than me.

The symptoms are this:
it occurs only intermittently, possibly worse when hot
significant power loss above a certain rpm
engine won't rev easily when it occurs
loud high pitched metallic clanging noise
I don't think the noise is detonation per se, but pinging seems like an accurate way to describe it.
It goes away if I let off the gas and let the revs fall - power below that certain rpm range seems unaffected.
I can't reproduce the noise revving the engine in neutral - it seems to happen only under load

I've no idea what the fuck is going on. Something in the top end maybe? Would a dodgy injector cause it?

It may be easier just to find another engine and stick it in, but we've already done the timing belt/water pump in this thing and it was pretty strong up until now. We might get a dud with another second hand engine. On that note, if anyone in brissy has an engine crane they could lend us that would be so awesome.

So, collected engine gurus, WTF is going on?

Actually, anyone have a compression gauge or better yet, facilities to do a leakdown test? Or an OBDII reader?

PRO050
Post #1781

Ben let me have a stab, your intake or lack of it makes it run lean and power drops off when it gets hot, my falcon used to do it when I first started to race it.

wasas
Post #1782

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Mar 2 2011, 03:39 PM) *
Ben let me have a stab, your intake or lack of it makes it run lean and power drops off when it gets hot, my falcon used to do it when I first started to race it.

Paul we are now running a 2ft intake pipe to where the battery was.. Cant see how it would run lean with EFI... I'm thinking maybe a injector?

funnykungfuman
Post #1783

i'm no engine guru but it does sound like it's leaning out.. agree on injectors, or maybe the AFM sensor (or do the excels use a MAP sensor?). ummmm... also could be fuel filter or pump?

wasas
Post #1784

we have a twin cam (MAP), will check the fuel filter and lines... Hope its something simple :ugh:

boot_it
Post #1785

QUOTE (benno.h @ Mar 2 2011, 10:20 AM) *
So, guys, I'm trying to figure out what's up with the Pork Hunt Excel.

We have an intermittent problem that is causing significant power loss - in the last race I was placed 4th when it hit, and was subsequently overtaken by nearly every single Excel within two laps - even the guys that are 8-10 seconds a lap slower than me.

The symptoms are this:
it occurs only intermittently, possibly worse when hot
significant power loss above a certain rpm
engine won't rev easily when it occurs
loud high pitched metallic clanging noise
I don't think the noise is detonation per se, but pinging seems like an accurate way to describe it.
It goes away if I let off the gas and let the revs fall - power below that certain rpm range seems unaffected.
I can't reproduce the noise revving the engine in neutral - it seems to happen only under load

I've no idea what the fuck is going on. Something in the top end maybe? Would a dodgy injector cause it?

It may be easier just to find another engine and stick it in, but we've already done the timing belt/water pump in this thing and it was pretty strong up until now. We might get a dud with another second hand engine. On that note, if anyone in brissy has an engine crane they could lend us that would be so awesome.

So, collected engine gurus, WTF is going on?

Actually, anyone have a compression gauge or better yet, facilities to do a leakdown test? Or an OBDII reader?

blocked cat or exhaust.....fuel pump failing ............also try another crank angle sensor located on block near g/box bellhousing

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 51 of 53
Jump to page
157 User(s) are reading this topic (157 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x