Fake Coolers? - WHY????  

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
baxdoode
  • baxdoode
  • Hektik comes Standard.
  • Member No.: 183,322
Post #1 post 26th December 2010 - 04:26 AM
i dont see the point of these fake intercoolers that seem to be the trend at the moment? does it make your n/a car just as fast as a turbo car or something?

--------------------
Luxilicious.
gotwood
Post #2

Um no...and it's generally p-plater fag's trying to look hard.

Mr.B
Post #3

QUOTE (baxdoode @ Dec 26 2010, 10:26 PM) *
i dont see the point of these fake intercoolers that seem to be the trend at the moment? does it make your n/a car just as fast as a turbo car or something?

:)

Hoybo
Post #4

Retard.

obey
Post #5

QUOTE (baxdoode @ Dec 26 2010, 10:26 PM) *

Yes.

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
Post #6

QUOTE (gotwood @ Dec 27 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Um no...and it's generally p-plater fag's trying to look hard.

soaren
Post #7

iv been told it can add up 2 40RWKW

KammdUP
Post #8

seen a 350z with a pod filter on one end of the the cooler and then piping into the intake claiming it was super cold air induction

obey
Post #9

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Dec 26 2010, 10:39 PM) *
seen a 350z with a pod filter on one end of the the cooler and then piping into the intake claiming it was super cold air induction

You're kididng right? :bowrofl:

baxdoode
Post #10

QUOTE (Hoybo @ Dec 26 2010, 10:32 PM) *
Retard.

lol

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
Post #11

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Dec 27 2010, 01:09 AM) *

Some people really have no idea how intercoolers work :bowrofl:

KammdUP
Post #12

QUOTE (obey @ Dec 26 2010, 10:40 PM) *
You're kididng right? :bowrofl:

no joke he genuinly beleived it was making his car faster :)

QUOTE (E U R E K A M A D 9 4 @ Dec 26 2010, 10:41 PM) *
Some people really have no idea how intercoolers work :P

totally agree with you ryan

ITS2EZ
Post #13

lol i haven't seen but have heard someone trying the pod on cooler thing mentioned above LOL.

KammdUP
Post #14

^^ i literally laughed at the screen lol

YrocLeumas
Post #15

Intercoolers work by cooling down the air through heat transferrance?

But if the air wasnt being forced through it it wouldnt be much different to using a stock airbox (usually ducted to the cold air outside? Mine was anyway).

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
Post #16

QUOTE (YrocLeumas @ Dec 27 2010, 01:32 AM) *
Intercoolers work by cooling down the air through heat transferrance?

But if the air wasnt being forced through it it wouldnt be much different to using a stock airbox (usually ducted to the cold air outside? Mine was anyway).

They work by the expansion of air inside the cooler.

So it goes in hot and under pressure > goes through the cooler and expands (and cools down because it expands) > and then into the cold side of the intercooler leading to the intake.

baxdoode
Post #17

could use it for colder aircon?

gotwood
Post #18

QUOTE (baxdoode @ Dec 27 2010, 12:11 AM) *
could use it for colder aircon?

well um that's kind of why you have an aircon core buddy...

Mr.B
Post #19

QUOTE (E U R E K A M A D 9 4 @ Dec 26 2010, 11:08 PM) *
They work by the expansion of air inside the cooler.

So it goes in hot and under pressure > goes through the cooler and expands (and cools down because it expands) > and then into the cold side of the intercooler leading to the intake.

The pressure differential between the inlet and outlet of the intercooler is almost negligible and can be considered isobaric.

baxdoode
Post #20

QUOTE (gotwood @ Dec 26 2010, 11:13 PM) *
well um that's kind of why you have an aircon core buddy...

intercooled aircon core?

DAL32
Post #21

Throttle response would go to absolute shit with a fake cooler with a pod filter. You want a short intake with a CAI.

35NIK
Post #22

GHOSTY
Post #23

QUOTE (35NIK @ Dec 26 2010, 11:48 PM) *

35NIK
Post #24

Did you just throw up too? :bowrofl: :)

dazzazoo
Post #25

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Dec 26 2010, 10:39 PM) *

i had a mate who wanted to do the exact same thing ... he was determined that it was the best cai for his car no matter what i said to convince him otherwise :headwall:

obey
Post #26

QUOTE (dazzazoo @ Dec 27 2010, 12:30 AM) *
i had a mate who wanted to do the exact same thing ... he was determined that it was the best cai for his car no matter what i said to convince him otherwise :headwall:

His ego probably wouldn't let him believe it.

67rce
Post #27

QUOTE (DAL32 @ Dec 26 2010, 11:34 PM) *
Throttle response would go to absolute shit with a fake cooler with a pod filter. You want a short intake with a CAI.

Actually, you want as short a distance as possible between throttle body and valve, but as long as possible between filter and throttle body.

PandaSil
Post #28

Akshunhiro
Post #29

You jelly?

Stompy
Post #30

LOL ^^

Where is trk's intercooler picture?

PandaSil
Post #31

QUOTE (Stompy @ Dec 27 2010, 04:46 AM) *
LOL ^^

Where is trk's intercooler picture?

ahhh this is nice and cool

xr6turbooo
Post #32

:) wtf r some people on about here does a intercooler make a car go faster if it has no turbo WTF R U STUPID and how the hell can it give u 40kws R U WITH stupid up top no offence befor u post something like this go look it up

Stompy
Post #33

QUOTE (xr6turbooo @ Dec 27 2010, 06:07 AM) *
:) wtf r some people on about here does a intercooler make a car go faster if it has no turbo WTF R U STUPID and how the hell can it give u 40kws R U WITH stupid up top no offence befor u post something like this go look it up

NAh bro my mates cousins uncles sisters boyfriend swear by intercoolers, he reckons that you can get up to 60Hp extra with the use of an intercooler and a Hiclone installed between the pod and the intercooler on non turbo carz.
I trust the bloke hes a 1st year apprentice but his bloody good at tafe and all that and jimbo down at jimmys gargage reckons his the best apprentice since the guy who passed highschool who worked for him, so you know his a genuine bloke mate!

vectorazz
Post #34

QUOTE (Akshunhiro @ Dec 27 2010, 03:36 AM) *
You jelly?

hahahahaha

4D7WN2
Post #35

^^^^^ i done one of those LOL thigys hehe :)

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
57 User(s) are reading this topic (57 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x