Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 50 of 53
Jump to page
bigp0_1
Post #1716

What wheel alignment specs for hyundai excel

PRO050
Post #1717

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Nov 29 2010, 05:05 AM) *
What wheel alignment specs for hyundai excel

PM sent

wasas
Post #1718

whos racing sprinting sunday? I was thinking about getting some laptime in

bigp0_1
Post #1719

4 more sleeps until the 2 new Trackside Car Care Excel's hit the track.

nodrog
Post #1720

Hey Paul

send me the wheel alignment specs as well please!!

PRO050
Post #1721

QUOTE (nodrog @ Nov 30 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Hey Paul

send me the wheel alignment specs as well please!!

PM sent

bigp0_1
Post #1722

two more sleeps

PRO050
Post #1723

QUOTE (bigp0_1 @ Dec 3 2010, 06:31 PM) *
two more sleeps

Looks great, just make sure you bring your rain tyres :mamoru:

Mounfield Racing
Post #1724

QUOTE (HANN S @ Nov 20 2010, 05:36 PM) *
Hi all,forget the sprints!,lets go racing!,,it was great racing with rod and peter. me and peter had a great time racing and it was very very close.
i should have my footage next week i will put that up.i have not seen it either.
So for all of you that are going on about the rules lets just get together for a meeting or just used the rules we have now,my car is bang on with the rules,i think?,let just go racing! now,its so much fun,stuff your sprints.
See peter and RDP can be beaten! LOL.my thanks to RDP,For getting my car ready,cheers.

I am with you. Forget the rules, no one understands them or has access to them. Possible changes or variations to the original specifications are not being distributed and most complain that their budget wont permit them to abode by any rules, so let go have some fun. For me, if it meets every safety requirement or exceeded the safety aspect and it's based on an Excel body with Excel mechanicals (external look alike) has a wheel on each corner like a normal Excel, regardless how or where the wheel is mounted by way of some thing that resembles a strut, or what tire is on the wheel provided the tire is made of black rubber, the car is eligible to run.

PRO050
Post #1725

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Dec 4 2010, 08:44 AM) *
I am with you. Forget the rules, no one understands them or has access to them. Possible changes or variations to the original specifications are not being distributed and most complain that their budget wont permit them to abode by any rules, so let go have some fun. For me, if it meets every safety requirement or exceeded the safety aspect and it's based on an Excel body with Excel mechanicals (external look alike) has a wheel on each corner like a normal Excel, regardless how or where the wheel is mounted by way of some thing that resembles a strut, or what tire is on the wheel provided the tire is made of black rubber, the car is eligible to run.

The rule are on the track attack web site, yes we are trying to get a meeting organized to refine the rules if needed.
If there is no rules, money wins.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1726

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Dec 4 2010, 11:21 AM) *
The rule are on the track attack web site, yes we are trying to get a meeting organized to refine the rules if needed.
If there is no rules, money wins.

Its not true, those that spend the extra dollars do it cause they want to. Those on a budget get reward from sticking it to the guys with big budgets, and the one that fronts with a reliable well set up car, lots of talent and perhaps familiarization of a specific track will always win. No one that goes out with the intention of having a good time ever looses.

PRO050
Post #1727

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Dec 4 2010, 11:29 AM) *
Its not true, those that spend the extra dollars do it cause they want to. Those on a budget get reward from sticking it to the guys with big budgets, and the one that fronts with a reliable well set up car, lots of talent and perhaps familiarization of a specific track will always win. No one that goes out with the intention of having a good time ever looses.

Yes Ralf it's called Sports Sedans, go knock yourself out.

datto510
Post #1728

I finally got my car going again, see you guys tomorrow :P
I have 2 pairs of boots left if anybody need some

Blue 47
Black 48

$80.00 each (need cash in correct change please)

cheers.

PS I just checked on Track Attack and the Excel rules page hasn't been edited since June 2010

GHOSTY
Post #1729

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Dec 4 2010, 11:29 AM) *
No one that goes out with the intention of having a good time ever loses.

Post of the year :P

bigp0_1
Post #1730

Had a blast today and can't wait to do it again. As far as rules leave it the way it is.To many stock classes have been stuffed by to many rule changes.

datto510
Post #1731

some photos from today here

brendo12
Post #1732

hey guys my excel is for sale, anyone keen check my topics, thanks!

AUTO-KING
Post #1733

Hi Guys,
Where is the calender for meetings for the excel series?

Don't suppose anyone knows of a prefab cage for an excel (long shot).

Cheers

datto510
Post #1734

just get Paul (pro050) to build you a cage, its cheaper than getting a kit.

Timofytit
Post #1735

I have a friend with a Green Excel for sale. She is having a family and its her daily driver. It has tassy plates and she has owned it for years. Very negotiable on price and it is a 2dr manual. PM if interested.

wasas
Post #1736

QUOTE (AUTO-KING @ Dec 16 2010, 08:00 AM) *
Hi Guys,
Where is the calender for meetings for the excel series?

Don't suppose anyone knows of a prefab cage for an excel (long shot).

Cheers

It'll be here soon enough. http://www.trackattack.com.au/

To the new manager of track attack:
Can we just stick with the TOP GEAR format (and rules) for Circuit racing in 2011. By This I basically mean 4pt cage, and the basic mods allowed as per the rule page. The Safety/scruitinering rules for Top Gear are a little easier for the new guys to follow, and it should allow us to field a bigger fleet of cars to start with.
Personally I cant wait to get into the beast again :)

bigp0_1
Post #1737

I would like to wish everyone a merry xmas and a great new year

funnykungfuman
Post #1738

Hey all,
Does anyone have a set of stock front struts to suit a 99 excel (guessing any x3) lying around that they've since replaced with aftermarket? any condition don't care.. just need them for a couple of sprints.
will supply carton of beer/bottle and pickup ;)

Cheers,
Geoff

update - sorted. thanks nodrog.

wasas
Post #1739

So Whos coming circuit racing this year? Are you all going full cage and running QRDC, or keeping it a little more simple and running just for topgear?

PRO050
Post #1740

QUOTE (wasas @ Jan 6 2011, 12:13 PM) *
So Whos coming circuit racing this year? Are you all going full cage and running QRDC, or keeping it a little more simple and running just for topgear?

Steve there will be Pete, Brett, Dave, and I'm caging another car for the Dyno boys. I'll be running two excels this year one for me and the other Timmy's going to running in. I'm sure there will be a fair few more, so 10 to 15 plus cars will be the norm. Pretty sure Track Attack has booked a whole race just for Excels for the first Topgear in Feb.
Going to be a great year for sure, if anyone wants to get their cars up to race spec give me a yell and I can hook you up with a cage or anything else you need.
Cheers Paul

funnykungfuman
Post #1741

i'm in for topgear races this year..
from talking to a couple of people I've got a good idea whats required but it'd help to see it on paper. is there any written rules/regs that can be found online? The best i've found is off the AASA website which was 'AASA_National_Competition_Rules__Tarmac.pdf'. that doco has a couple of points about cage/helmet/harness but nothing to do with battery isolator switch / stickers which I've heard is required so there must be more somewhere???

The trackattack page has a broken link too 'aasa_circuit_racing_vehicle_and_apparel.pdf' which i'm guessing might have more.

wasas
Post #1742

check the entry form PFD's, they have a check list on the back page of what you need to pass scrut. thats what we go off.

most of the rules are on the trackattack.com page, under excel cup rules

bigp0_1
Post #1744

We will be running the Topgear series as well. We are able to build cars for anyone interested.

GT_88
Post #1745

Hi All,
Is anyone running a retail sold spring (pedders etc....) without cutting down or modifying them???
We've got a few cars on hold until some of the suspension regs get sorted out.
Had a good look at the end of last year and were shaking our heads in seeing what people are doing to there springs etc..... :dunno:

If someone in our class is using a reasonable" set up" for their cars could they PM me please?
We would appreciate your feedback thanks.

Thanks.

xfben
Post #1746

Sounds like there is plenty of interest in the Excels great to see

Big_Red_
Post #1747

QUOTE (wasas @ Jan 6 2011, 12:13 PM) *

Will definately be trying to get into Top Gear this year.
Have the cage, seat, harness etc all good to go. That leaves battery isloation, tow point stickers...what am I forgetting??
Also last sprint meet I was at I heard them say something along the lines of needing to be 'approved' before going to Top Gear. Does this mean i'll need to run another sprint before I can register or what?

wasas
Post #1748

If you have done some sprints and can show awareness of other cars when racing you should be ok. We started at the back of the pack when racing for the first race, was fine after that.

As for springs, we just run a set of king low's. they are ok

bigp0_1
Post #1749

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me what time Lakeside opens for the mid week sprints next thursday.
Thanks

Marlin
Post #1750

Gate usually opens around 8am buddy. Driver's briefing at 9.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 50 of 53
Jump to page
23 User(s) are reading this topic (23 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x