pig060
Post #1367

QUOTE (GRAMPS* @ Oct 12 2010, 10:21 AM) *
blown headgasket

time for a jz then hey :hsdance:

bazr33
Post #1368

QUOTE (pig060 @ Oct 12 2010, 06:16 AM) *
rotor_head- yeah ive been down there a few times now and seen it getting done. looks nice a clean. it was nearly ready to start on friday??? just waiting on a lead to come in or something.

baz- sounds good, let me know how the 3500 stall goes for ya? im not sure what size stall to go yet. your still running a 2j box???

Be testing out the stall at the track on the weekend, will let ya know.
Still running standard autobox with a 1.5mv quick shift.

Pretty much I was advised if the turbo was making full boost around 4000rpm, then 3500rpm stall would be ideal. Drivability is still pretty good aswell.
very slight doughiness in slower speeds but other then that its not noticable.

hope to get a tune this week then drags on saturday with skylines australia.

Was also trying to find some 16" mt's on rims for the day, but i'm not liking my luck. See how we go on some shitty tyres.

pig060
Post #1369

sweet send us a msg if you head up. might pop up for a look.

bazr33
Post #1370

yeah it was the skylines australia drag day that i was taking my car in.
definately going if it isn't raining. The slight doughiness was also due to my pressure sensor on the side of the gearbox was broken. got aanotherie to put on.
set on 22psi for the moment. Want the gearbox to last a bit. Be upgrading the internals in it for the next mod.

sleepercorty
Post #1371

1000cc injectors and twin walbros are now in, time for tune this week and see if we can run mid 10's

bazr33
Post #1372

for the guys running autos and have 3500rpm stall convertors.

Has anyone had a problem with stalling up close to 3500rpm? I'm wondering if it is the tyres I had on or my brakes just won't hold.
Possibly I might not be holding the handbrake and foot brake on hard enough.

I'm pretty sure i have only seen around 2500rpm maybe a bit higher trying to stall and seems to start creepin forward.
Might 60ft time shows with a best of 2.4 which is pretty shithouse hahaha and the time shows at 13.5 at 108.

Track was also fairly slippery saturday with changes between first and second spinning the wheels and the car moving a bit.
also other things to take into consideration were diff ratio (MA61 supra ), heat, and just not alot of experience with autos.

Hope to find some mt's and take the car out again to see if I can stall it up a bit more and retain some traction.

pig060
Post #1373

where did you get your converter from??? the 2j's have a much bigger converter then the 1j and dont stall up as high from what ive heard. your 60 foot is not looking good for ya. might need to go bigger :) i had the same problem when i had my commodore with a 2j in it but it was only a 2800 and would get a 2.8 60" lol. what diff ratio does it have??? maybe try hilux gears like sleepercorty did to help it of the line.

74QEE
Post #1374

i had an mx73 sitting in my yard for about 6 months.i pissed in it and on it.

threw bottles at it and skided the fuck out of it.it had a pretty lush interior though

pig060
Post #1375

glad it wasnt a mx83 :)

bazr33
Post #1376

QUOTE (pig060 @ Oct 25 2010, 07:19 PM) *
where did you get your converter from??? the 2j's have a much bigger converter then the 1j and dont stall up as high from what ive heard. your 60 foot is not looking good for ya. might need to go bigger :oopsie: i had the same problem when i had my commodore with a 2j in it but it was only a 2800 and would get a 2.8 60" lol. what diff ratio does it have??? maybe try hilux gears like sleepercorty did to help it of the line.

got it from Mv's I think it might be a bit tight or will try with a set of mts on it and see if it will hold.
2.4 with a 13.5 at 108mph though should equate to a 11 if I get a 1.8 or so 60ft and 118mph+

Diff is something i am going to definately look at, as its out of a ma61 supra, unsure if it was a manual or automatic. Not sure what ratios they are. It just fit.

see what happens when I go again.

sleepercorty
Post #1377

did mv ask you for all the specs on your car, do you make anyboost on the convertor? if its a 3500rpm convertor to suit standard turbos is completly different to a 3500rpm conver to suit to4z. i had a couple of convertors in mine before i got it right, also what computer do you have you may be able to set up anti lag?
108mph what sort of power are you making?

bazr33
Post #1378

I did say to mv that it has a t04z making full boost by 4000rpm.
Unsure what power I am making at the moment, haven't had it dyno'ed yet. Still running standard computer.
should be over 400hp on 22psi.

sleepercorty
Post #1379

standard computer is half your problem, my convertor went from only getting to around 3500rpm with standard computer to 4000rpm with microtech and decent tune. you just tune it to make more low down torque and will flare the convertor out more

pig060
Post #1380

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Oct 26 2010, 09:42 PM) *
I did say to mv that it has a t04z making full boost by 4000rpm.
Unsure what power I am making at the moment, haven't had it dyno'ed yet. Still running standard computer.
should be over 400hp on 22psi.

i would guess your making high 300's with that mph. my first run was 117-118 with just over 400rwhp. i remember that guy with the 2jz r31 (qld guy) saying he had to run a mv 4000 converter with a xr6 turbo on the factory ecu. not sure why but the factory ecu did something down low to need the bigger converter to work.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1381

iv had a mv stalle with standard comp and turbo's run mid-low 12's, upgraded turbo and comp ran low 11's same stalle, iv got 3500 now with my t-66 il get the full stall launchs hard....... this will sound stupid but have you topped up you gearbox fluid??? my mate had a 3200 stalle couldnt get it to stall past 2500 becuase his fluids were low

bazr33
Post #1382

I will have to do some more research and testing I suppose to see what the go is.

gearbox is full with fluid. I will double check though.

Is reaching full stall on street tyres possible. I am just wondering if I didn't have my handbrake and footbrake on hard enough and whether theres any point testing on private road.

Pretty much has anyone hit the same stall as what they have done on mt's or slicks?

bazr33
Post #1383

there was also one of the times I did at the track last saturday which resulted in a 3.027 60ft time at 13.920 with 111mph.

I am thinking if I was actually able to get a 60ft time of 1.8 my mph should be 115mph+ and should be getting close to a low 12.
Alot of things I need to work on and check everything is all good. I'll get there in the end I guess. Just practice.

julian_s13
Post #1384

need more pics guys!!!!!!!!!

pig060
Post #1385

QUOTE (julian_s13 @ Oct 29 2010, 11:56 AM) *
need more pics guys!!!!!!!!!

what do you want more of??? cars , engines????

sleepercorty
Post #1386

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Oct 27 2010, 06:41 PM) *
I will have to do some more research and testing I suppose to see what the go is.

gearbox is full with fluid. I will double check though.

Is reaching full stall on street tyres possible. I am just wondering if I didn't have my handbrake and footbrake on hard enough and whether theres any point testing on private road.

Pretty much has anyone hit the same stall as what they have done on mt's or slicks?

on the street i can get around 4000rpm and 10psi on street tires at the track i can get around 14psi and 4500rpm on et street tires.

bazr33
Post #1387

havent tried stalling it since the weekend from putting in new front brake pads, bleeding the brakes (found there was air in the back brakes).

Also my handbrake was working good on one wheel hahaha. Adjusted the brake shoes and is pretty tight on 5-6 clicks on the handbrake.

Will see soon what we can do now. Will let yas know. If its still the same story i'll have to give Mike a buzz and see what was done with the stall.

nuggz1j
Post #1388

anyone got a rough power figure for a 1jzgte with 18psi stock turbos with steel wheels 600x400x75 intercooler 3.5 turbo back exhaust
Microtech lt8 ecu

nuggz1j
Post #1389

obviously i havent had it tuned with the new ecu but just want a guess of how much power

nuggz1j
Post #1390

QUOTE (nuggz1j @ Nov 2 2010, 08:58 PM) *
obviously i havent had it tuned with the new ecu but just want a guess of how much power

also does anyone know a good microtech tuner for 1jzgte cressida mx83

pig060
Post #1391

QUOTE (nuggz1j @ Nov 2 2010, 09:26 PM) *
also does anyone know a good microtech tuner for 1jzgte cressida mx83

where abouts are you from??? every tuner is different and some dyno's show more the others so that will make a difference to how much it reads.

Fro-Daddy
Post #1392

Should get over 200kw mate...

nuggz1j
Post #1393

cheers for the response. I live over at strathpine. Also im upgrading to 2 tdo5 16g turbos and hence the reason why im getting the 3.5 inch mandrel exhaust. Also who would be a great tuner for the microtech

nuggz1j
Post #1394

cheers for the response. I live over at strathpine. Also im upgrading to 2 tdo5 16g turbos and hence the reason why im getting the 3.5 inch mandrel exhaust. Also who would be a great tuner for the microtech

nuggz1j
Post #1395

if anyone can help my number is 0422 361 207

blackers10
Post #1396

hey mate im over at Narangba so your not too far away!

will have to meet up some time

02JZE
Post #1397

I am going to court to appeal my licence suspension because i just cant wait to drive. I have 10k to spend on my cressida to get it to where i want it. Im thinking of reshelling my motor though. I want a green grande.
Or ill just buy yours pig. Since your going to give it to me for 10k.

pig060
Post #1398

QUOTE (02JZE @ Nov 9 2010, 09:41 AM) *
I am going to court to appeal my licence suspension because i just cant wait to drive. I have 10k to spend on my cressida to get it to where i want it. Im thinking of reshelling my motor though. I want a green grande.
Or ill just buy yours pig. Since your going to give it to me for 10k.

why reshell??? why not just paint yours???? im keeping mine so you cant have it hahahaha. do yourself a favour and get an aftermarket ecu and big injectors and you will make good power with a single turbo setup.

02JZE
Post #1399

I want a green or dark blue with a sunroof and grande.. They are cheap enough so if i see one i want ill grab it. if not ill just do mine doesnt really matter. Im going to go the 550usdm injectors on stock ecu.. still make plenty of power there.

rotor_head_83
Post #1400

QUOTE (nuggz1j @ Nov 6 2010, 10:45 AM) *

Mines down at EFI at Yatala now with a Microtech. Cranked 320rwhp on a safe tune with a gt3076r single. I'll let you know how she drives on the street when I get it back, sounds epic but :)

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 40 of 64
Jump to page
49 User(s) are reading this topic (49 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x