Nt Drift  

Page 55 of 58
Jump to page
R TUNE
Post #1891

Best to sign up mate then you wll get the news for privit practice which is the go atm as the front straight is under construction.

import_nt
Post #1892

i cant wait for the next prac :D coz i wanna take the vl out :drool: its had a fuw cosmitics done and a new engine :D

rx2re
Post #1893

QUOTE (Jane_DoeXxX @ Aug 26 2010, 02:34 PM) *
can anyone tell me the dates for the next track day? just moved to darwin and would be pretty keen to check it out sometime?

thanks!

Keep an eye out here for updates:

http://www.highrpm.com.au/forums/forumdisp...ssociation-TEDA

NO4BANGER
Post #1894

what makes ya say it will be harder in the gem? not as if i have to register it again?... the way im looking at it is.. i have a complete driveline all still in one peice and i have a rolling gem shell... the plan is to lower it into the bay and line it up and make engine mounts to suit... the loom is still all in one peice too ... biggest issue is gonne be a tailshaft.. but i have both ends i need anyways..

then will just be a matter of sorting some suspension... which im hoping shouldnt be to hard

and none of it has cost me anymore money so far =)

JET_RB25
Post #1895

Suspension is shit. A gemini is shit for drifting from the start no matter what engine is in it. The engine mounts will still need to be done properly to the point its almost worth getting the conversion kit from CRS and then you have new gauges and stuff you will have to buy as the gemini dash wont work with the sr loom and you wanna see whats going on in the motor region. Tail shafts are not cheap at the best of time. I remember it was 600 to get mine shortend balanced and the yolk changed up here.

You dont wanna listen that thats not our fault. Good luck with it. Any engine conversion from a different familly will always work out more expensive then putting a engine from the same family in. Look how much time and money Heith has put into that gemini of his for drifting and its still pretty shit and cant keep with the other guys. Stuey is another one and he spent bulk time and money on that one and still could not drive the car.

All were saying is from experience a gemini is not a great drift car in fact a VL or old falcon xr6 in stock form is even far far better. It will cost alot to convert regardless if you have it all you will need smaller things and they cost the cash, will only be few hundred here and there but it will add up.

My honest suggestion would be to buy a shell and convert that. Surely there is some up here.

NO4BANGER
Post #1896

oi mate... wen did i say i was not listening? i have taken everything everyone has said into consideration and the help has great.

i do realise that a gemini is no drift car out of the box and no it probably wont be as good as a sil or 180 or watever.. but simple point why i was leaning this way was because i was estimating that by the time i had finished it wouldnt have cost fuck all compared to buying something ready to go, as i would have started with a car. and driveline that owed me next to nuthing and myself and my father are pretty damn handy on a welder so we could have tinkered with most the fiddly bits ourself!!

but dont matter anyway... found something else to use hopefully...

still would like to build the gem tho... just to see how it went..

like i said.. i fully understand everyones comments... i just really beg to differ that it would be shit... yeh it would be a bit of a handfull but i reckon it could be done... just my opinion...

import_nt
Post #1897

QUOTE (NO4BANGER @ Aug 31 2010, 02:47 PM) *
oi mate... wen did i say i was not listening? i have taken everything everyone has said into consideration and the help has great.

i do realise that a gemini is no drift car out of the box and no it probably wont be as good as a sil or 180 or watever.. but simple point why i was leaning this way was because i was estimating that by the time i had finished it wouldnt have cost fuck all compared to buying something ready to go, as i would have started with a car. and driveline that owed me next to nuthing and myself and my father are pretty damn handy on a welder so we could have tinkered with most the fiddly bits ourself!!

but dont matter anyway... found something else to use hopefully...

still would like to build the gem tho... just to see how it went..

like i said.. i fully understand everyones comments... i just really beg to differ that it would be shit... yeh it would be a bit of a handfull but i reckon it could be done... just my opinion...

im sure some one once said ke70's r shit to drift too it comes down to the drive as well my mate davie in sa could slide corners beter in his ke70 with a locked diff the stock s13 that other mates have ... do it try somthing diferent bud

UNKNOWN
Post #1898

there is a Drift day on 19th.

If you want to enter you will need to put your entry form in today. I think its cheaper as its not a normal meeting.

Jer
Post #1899

QUOTE (UNKNOWN @ Sep 10 2010, 02:15 PM) *
there is a Drift day on 19th.

If you want to enter you will need to put your entry form in today. I think its cheaper as its not a normal meeting.

Open to spectators?

KrUgEs
Post #1900

QUOTE (Jer @ Sep 10 2010, 06:23 PM) *
Open to spectators?

always bro

NO4BANGER
Post #1901

whos coming out this weekend?

NO4BANGER
Post #1902

my entry is in for next sunday.. my first time out.. =)

but i'm chasing some skid rims for an r32.. if anyone can help that would be great..

cheers, nick

Jane_DoeXxX
Post #1903

what time does it usually kick off, might be keen on heading out to have a bit of a looksie...

thanks!

UNKNOWN
Post #1904

usually if you get there at 10am you wont miss anything.

my entry is in for next sunday.. my first time out.. =)

but i'm chasing some skid rims for an r32.. if anyone can help that would be great..

cheers, nick

what are you driving?

KrUgEs
Post #1905

QUOTE (UNKNOWN @ Sep 15 2010, 02:48 PM) *
usually if you get there at 10am you wont miss anything.

what are you driving?

nick has my old 32 now.

NO4BANGER
Post #1906

as sam said darren!! im in his old beast now... lets see if i cant put a few dints n scratches in it!!!

but sam will be coming up to use it still wen he wants!!! well he better... lol!!

ToyoChick
Post #1907

Went out for a look today, haven't been for ages and must say everyone is so much better (I haven't been for well over a year)

Good to catch up with some of you guys!

NO4BANGER
Post #1908

had the best day today for my first time at drift!! what a blast it is.. cant wait till the next meet!! addicted epic now

anyone got any photos or videos from today?

vh-holden
Post #1909

were you in the dark skyline?

NO4BANGER
Post #1910

yeh that was me... the shittest of the lot out there!!! lol

Jer
Post #1911

QUOTE (NO4BANGER @ Sep 20 2010, 09:34 AM) *
yeh that was me... the shittest of the lot out there!!! lol

You were doing fine from where I was standing.

unreal
Post #1912

yeah i thought you did well mate keep it up..

NO4BANGER
Post #1913

thanks guys... dont worry i will be keeping it up!! addicted like crazy haha..

just never knew it was gonna get that busy behind the wheel lol!! found myself not been able to do shit quick enough at times!

practise practise practise!!!

rx2re
Post #1914

QUOTE (NO4BANGER @ Sep 20 2010, 11:45 AM) *
thanks guys... dont worry i will be keeping it up!! addicted like crazy haha..

just never knew it was gonna get that busy behind the wheel lol!! found myself not been able to do shit quick enough at times!

practise practise practise!!!

you did well bro, good to see you having a go.

I will upload a truck load of pics tonight on HighRPM Forums under the TEDA section.

vh-holden
Post #1915

here are some of mine (sorry for the bandwidth killer)

NO4BANGER
Post #1916

when is the next meet on?? have to start looking for tyres for it!

incubus
Post #1917

how did heath go in the gemini at the last track day ?

vh-holden
Post #1918

QUOTE (incubus @ Oct 3 2010, 07:31 PM) *

He went sideways! He did quite well.

JET_RB25
Post #1919

QUOTE (incubus @ Oct 3 2010, 08:01 PM) *

You need to ask that. Its a gemini.

NO4BANGER
Post #1920

QUOTE (JET_RB25 @ Oct 6 2010, 04:32 PM) *
You need to ask that. Its a gemini.

whats that supposed to mean?

praise_the_lowered
Post #1921

Anyone know if the drift and circuit meets are still on this weekend??

UNKNOWN
Post #1922

a drift and drive day has just been confirmed for next sunday, the forms should be available soon on the namsc website.

KrUgEs
Post #1923

Woo Hoo ill be out! back in the 32, just have to stay away from the walls now its not mine lol.

NO4BANGER
Post #1924

yeh u better ballabgz!!! u bend it u'll be mending it!!

KrUgEs
Post #1925

Nothing zip ties and a hammer wont fix....

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 55 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x