Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 45 of 53
Jump to page
Mounfield Racing
Post #1541

QUOTE (B18a1boy @ Sep 13 2010, 11:21 AM) *
Anyone have a good nick manual (X3 Twincam) gearbox they want to sell?

Yes have one here, comes with a twin cam engine in a X3 Prowler needs a front l/h inner skirt, radiator support panel, front guards and bar. $500 come get it. No I will not deliver it for that price.

nodrog
Post #1542

QUOTE (B18a1boy @ Sep 13 2010, 11:21 AM) *
Anyone have a good nick manual (X3 Twincam) gearbox they want to sell?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HYUNDAI-X3-EXCEL-TW...=item2a08a28e71

PRO050
Post #1543

Guys remember 26th of September for the top Gear meet at QR, lots of excels racing don't miss out still time to get your cars there.
Cheers Paul

PRO050
Post #1544

QUOTE (trackattack @ Sep 8 2010, 09:46 AM) *
As most of you will now realise I am no longer involved with Track Attack - David is looking after the Track Attack Groups.
you'll get him on [email protected]

Cheers Jeff

Just get back out and have some fun Jeff, miss seeing that datto in my rear view mirror. :bowrofl:

trackattack
Post #1545

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Sep 14 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Just get back out and have some fun Jeff, miss seeing that datto in my rear view mirror. :bowrofl:

LOL you kept nudging me on the twisty bits :lol:

The engine is half out of the Datsun at the moment, head gasket gone plus probably getting tired all round as well.
I have another N/A jap import engine to throw in, have to sort out drilling the block for etc for oil and water for turbo.

Hoping to be at Lakeside for the October sprints, should be sweet.
Cheers.

PRO050
Post #1546

One more week to the meet at QR for the excels so get those cars done.
Doing a few cages this week for some guys getting them ready for the weekend, so it's never to late.

trackattack
Post #1547

oops...

Mounfield Racing
Post #1548

QUOTE (trackattack @ Sep 19 2010, 02:02 PM) *
Announcing the New Events calendar and facebook style community and groups - http://www.carevents.com.au
There is even an Excel Group you can join:)
I transfered a lot of your accounts to the new website, so you should be able to just log in.
Track Attack events will be added to the calendar as will lots of other events.
Car clubs are encouraged to add all of your events, after all its FREE !.
Newsletter will be online soon as well
Cheers.

Great to hear a news letter will be available soon. It is my view and this may or not be the view of others, but at present it is difficult to keep across the status of Track Attack. I recently saw a note on the Forum from Jeff stating that David was taking over the day to day running of Track Attack, fine but to the uneducated like myself, who is David, where is Track Attack heading in relation to the current specs for Excels and the proposed 2011 Excel Series. What if any changes are likely as a result to the change in management and what, apart from a Point Scoring table is the benefit of entering sprints through Track Attack as opposed to direct entry through QR. These are questions only and I am sure others wonder the same, and it is in no way meant to be criticism against any person or Track Attack.

trackattack
Post #1549

Ralph is correct, I no longer own Track Attack and David is now looking after it.
If you have questions for him just email David at [email protected]

To be clear, There is no relationship between carevents.com.au and trackattack.com.au aside from the carevents website listing their upcoming events.

PRO050
Post #1550

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Sep 20 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Great to hear a news letter will be available soon. It is my view and this may or not be the view of others, but at present it is difficult to keep across the status of Track Attack. I recently saw a note on the Forum from Jeff stating that David was taking over the day to day running of Track Attack, fine but to the uneducated like myself, who is David, where is Track Attack heading in relation to the current specs for Excels and the proposed 2011 Excel Series. What if any changes are likely as a result to the change in management and what, apart from a Point Scoring table is the benefit of entering sprints through Track Attack as opposed to direct entry through QR. These are questions only and I am sure others wonder the same, and it is in no way meant to be criticism against any person or Track Attack.

Ralf I think the people with the cars are the ones who decide where we go from here, we had a meeting some time ago and went over a few things.
We have 8 starters for the Top gear meet on the 26th at QR and I dare say these are the guys that will have the say in the rules (for the races meeting that is).
Hope to get 12 to 14 on the grid early next year and see where we end up.
PS. did you dig up any tyres?
Cheers Paul

Mounfield Racing
Post #1551

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Sep 20 2010, 06:54 PM) *
Ralf I think the people with the cars are the ones who decide where we go from here, we had a meeting some time ago and went over a few things.
We have 8 starters for the Top gear meet on the 26th at QR and I dare say these are the guys that will have the say in the rules (for the races meeting that is).
Hope to get 12 to 14 on the grid early next year and see where we end up.
PS. did you dig up any tyres?
Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul any chance we can get minutes or even some feed back on the out comes from these meetings as it would be beneficial to us as future competitors. We have 2 cars now, another almost finished awaiting spec details from the group resolving the issues regarding final and ongoing changes to the specs and another 4 cars in the pipe, line so if the spec for complying stays within budget, I guess we can be considered a major player. If rules change on a weekly basis, and such changes are only going to be communicated at scrutineering on race days, I would have to reconsider our plans to continue. As for tyres, I have a brand new set of RSR's on car 80 (used for display at Auto Salon) which I am happy to lend you if my cars are not running next meeting. Call Robby 0432533021 to confirm availability and to arrange a replacement set with him when new stock arrives.

nodrog
Post #1552

I feel the same as Ralph. Since Jeff made the announcement there seems to be very little going on with the TrackAttack website, and the only dealing I have had with David turned into nothing. Still waiting for the reply!! Some of us have invested a lot of time and money into the series and I would hate to see it die, as it seems to be such a good thing.

I am about to build 2 more cars but am not sure now, as the series seemed to have been built on Jeffs hard work.

Not trying to knock David (haven't met him) but we need to see the commitment from him via the website as well.

Just my 2 cents worth, so don't shoot me if you don't agree.

datto510
Post #1553

I changed my user to prevent any confusion :D

As far as I would assume David intends to continue running and expanding Track Attack and the Excel series.
It makes sense that he will, he owns our tyre fitting equipment, even my Excel.
Last time I spoke to David he was talking about running my old car at QR on the 26th,
so why not support the series and go along and have a run, or at least go and watch and see how the day works.
The T/A events calendar is here - http://www.trackattack.com.au/2010/index.p...&Itemid=499

If you have concerns email David [email protected] or jump onto the forums over there.

Cheers Jeff

Mounfield Racing
Post #1554

QUOTE (datto510 @ Sep 20 2010, 09:00 PM) *
I changed my user to prevent any confusion :D

As far as I would assume David intends to continue running and expanding Track Attack and the Excel series.
It makes sense that he will, he owns our tyre fitting equipment, even my Excel.
Last time I spoke to David he was talking about running my old car at QR on the 26th,
so why not support the series and go along and have a run, or at least go and watch and see how the day works.
The T/A events calendar is here - http://www.trackattack.com.au/2010/index.p...&Itemid=499

If you have concerns email David [email protected] or jump onto the forums over there.

Cheers Jeff

Jeff, this is not about David (who a lot of us have not even met) nor is it about entering or spectating on the 26th to show our support. For me at least, this is about my reluctance to invest $5000 - $6000 by 5 times to have 5 cars that don't meet spec if the rules change on a weekly basis and the series falls over when David (nothing personal) should David decide he is no longer interested and we are left with a fleet of cars suitable only for sprints.

wasas
Post #1555

Hi Ralph.

I'm of the impression that the series will be run and dictated by those who actually own a car, race it, and want to promote the series as a cheap and fun way into motorsport.

You seem to be pretty hung on the "Rules changing", when From memory some 15 pages back we called you out for having custom would springs. In my opinion its not of the BEST INTERESTS of the series that anyone should have an advantage over someone else, be it money, ability to get overnight parts from japan or otherwise. Since we built our car for circuit racing some 8 months ago now we've been to a number of sprint days, Every Circuit meet (and been the only excel running) and have not changed anything to make the car meet spec. We bit our lip and like everyone else assumed it was going to be a equal playing field where we all play happily.

Enough of my rant, I'm glad to see your keen to build a few cars for the series, and am happy you want to be a part of it, but rather than make idle threats and create negativity why not meet with some of the people (by email, forums, TA website, Carevents website, in person etc) who race every event, and mention the idea about starting a ruling or governing body. this way you will get a say in what goes on, and how the series will work.
I plan to put forth such a motion this weekend with Paul, the RDP boys and who else else is out there. There are the people who will be racing, and in my opinion should have a say in the rules.

It might be worth looking into how the geminis and HQ series are run, then we can bring some ideas to the table for the excels.

I'd be very keen to hear your ideas and directions for the series, and will look forward to chatting to you about it all soon.

Steve.

PRO050
Post #1556

Lets just get though the weekend and see how the 8 or so cars go.
I think we need to give David a chance to find his feet before we can comment on how he's going. We all know what a great job Jeff did with Trackattack that is why it went from strength to strengh.
Ralph don't stress the guys with the cars will keep the class on track, I'll give you a heads up on the next meeting we have and if you can't make it yourself I can take you ideas to the table.
Steve get you arse to the trck for the 26th.
I'm going to see if I can scrape some prize money for the event.
Cheers Paul

wasas
Post #1557

I'll be happy to take your prize money Paul :P And yeah we are doing the paper work now.

Even make the prize a new set of strut tops :P

Mounfield Racing
Post #1558

QUOTE (wasas @ Sep 21 2010, 11:58 AM) *
Hi Ralph.

I'm of the impression that the series will be run and dictated by those who actually own a car, race it, and want to promote the series as a cheap and fun way into motorsport.

You seem to be pretty hung on the "Rules changing", when From memory some 15 pages back we called you out for having custom would springs. In my opinion its not of the BEST INTERESTS of the series that anyone should have an advantage over someone else, be it money, ability to get overnight parts from japan or otherwise. Since we built our car for circuit racing some 8 months ago now we've been to a number of sprint days, Every Circuit meet (and been the only excel running) and have not changed anything to make the car meet spec. We bit our lip and like everyone else assumed it was going to be a equal playing field where we all play happily.

Enough of my rant, I'm glad to see your keen to build a few cars for the series, and am happy you want to be a part of it, but rather than make idle threats and create negativity why not meet with some of the people (by email, forums, TA website, Carevents website, in person etc) who race every event, and mention the idea about starting a ruling or governing body. this way you will get a say in what goes on, and how the series will work.
I plan to put forth such a motion this weekend with Paul, the RDP boys and who else else is out there. There are the people who will be racing, and in my opinion should have a say in the rules.

It might be worth looking into how the geminis and HQ series are run, then we can bring some ideas to the table for the excels.

I'd be very keen to hear your ideas and directions for the series, and will look forward to chatting to you about it all soon.

Steve.

Mate I hear what you say and agree totally. Do totally dis agree with your comment and the whinging of others regarding springs and me having them made gave me an advantage. Fact was the initial spec gave clear direction that top and bottom mounts must be retained and further comments made it totally clear that the replacement spring must also be captured. That is why I spent the money having a spring developed to meet the rules as no other custom spring met the criteria. I am not chasing any changes in the rules nor do I wish to make the rules. I just want clarity on the rules and some indication how long each rule will remain in place in order to keep cost at a minimum.

nodrog
Post #1559

Jeff or Paul

How about dragging David around the pits at the next few events introducing him to the currebt drivers. Most of them know you and vice versa, so might be real easy to settle people down by doing this.

As someone who has written rules (legislation, codes of practice, and racing rules for karts and MX) I am happy to volunteer my skills as the non-decision making/voting writer/scribe/manager of the rules, but suggest that a proper committe is set up to formulate them. Doesn't need to be a huge group but just a static group of knowledgeable people who race or have raced or are invloved in the racing industry. From memory this was suggested a while ago by me to stop whingers like me (yes, guilty of being one!!!!) having a go at the current set of rules. Having also been the Chair of a few Standards Australia/New Zealand committees I can also bring the necessary committee voting/consultation/management skills to the table. Not saying that I HAVE to do the job but just happy to do my bit for the series. In reality it is not like re-inventing the wheel as most of the leg work has been done by other series and these only need to be collected and made relevant to the Excels.

I have done too much leg-work with the Director of Domestic Affairs AKA the Minister for War and Peace to get my cars etc to see the series die and be left with 3 rusting bit of steel in the yard!!!!! And no I am not doing the Racing Series yet but simply due to budget. Like Ralph I would have liked to build the car but the rules, although not changing, did get clarified etc making it impossible for me to run the Red Devil X2 in the track series right now, so I am more than keen to see a set of rules formalised and set in concrete for the next year of the series, both sprint and track, so I can build my car to that.

Evaded Motorsport
Post #1560

QUOTE (nodrog @ Sep 21 2010, 03:45 PM) *
Jeff or Paul

How about dragging David around the pits at the next few events introducing him to the currebt drivers. Most of them know you and vice versa, so might be real easy to settle people down by doing this.

As someone who has written rules (legislation, codes of practice, and racing rules for karts and MX) I am happy to volunteer my skills as the non-decision making/voting writer/scribe/manager of the rules, but suggest that a proper committe is set up to formulate them. Doesn't need to be a huge group but just a static group of knowledgeable people who race or have raced or are invloved in the racing industry. From memory this was suggested a while ago by me to stop whingers like me (yes, guilty of being one!!!!) having a go at the current set of rules. Having also been the Chair of a few Standards Australia/New Zealand committees I can also bring the necessary committee voting/consultation/management skills to the table. Not saying that I HAVE to do the job but just happy to do my bit for the series. In reality it is not like re-inventing the wheel as most of the leg work has been done by other series and these only need to be collected and made relevant to the Excels.

I have done too much leg-work with the Director of Domestic Affairs AKA the Minister for War and Peace to get my cars etc to see the series die and be left with 3 rusting bit of steel in the yard!!!!! And no I am not doing the Racing Series yet but simply due to budget. Like Ralph I would have liked to build the car but the rules, although not changing, did get clarified etc making it impossible for me to run the Red Devil X2 in the track series right now, so I am more than keen to see a set of rules formalised and set in concrete for the next year of the series, both sprint and track, so I can build my car to that.

If you are the lovely person who wrote the 600 pages of the AKA rules regarding classes and licenses then I suggest that you be permabanned from writing anymore. :P a

nodrog
Post #1561

QUOTE (Evaded Motorsport @ Sep 21 2010, 04:35 PM) *
If you are the lovely person who wrote the 600 pages of the AKA rules regarding classes and licenses then I suggest that you be permabanned from writing anymore. :P a

NO!!!!! Not me. Gave up karting because of the AKA rules and the politics around them!!! Did the rules for a number of kart series in NZ!!!

Phew, dodged that one!!!!

Turbo Tim
Post #1562

I haven't held a kart licence for nearly 3 years and was also ready to jump on that bashing :P

PRO050
Post #1563

QUOTE (wasas @ Sep 21 2010, 03:20 PM) *
I'll be happy to take your prize money Paul :P And yeah we are doing the paper work now.

Even make the prize a new set of strut tops :P

Great to hear that you guys will be there, are you going to do the big weekend?

PRO050
Post #1564

QUOTE (Turbo Tim @ Sep 21 2010, 05:07 PM) *
I haven't held a kart licence for nearly 3 years and was also ready to jump on that bashing :P

Ex clubman heavy here :P

wasas
Post #1565

Right. We're in :P
Honestly I can't wait! Should be a great weekend!

nodrog
Post #1566

:P I'll have to be a spectator this time!!!! Bugger.

Evaded Motorsport
Post #1567

QUOTE (nodrog @ Sep 21 2010, 04:43 PM) *
NO!!!!! Not me. Gave up karting because of the AKA rules and the politics around them!!! Did the rules for a number of kart series in NZ!!!

Phew, dodged that one!!!!

yes you did :P

Even some of the karting businesses struggle with the AKA book.

Marlin
Post #1568

Shame being Korean will keep you all out of the Jap nats on Sunday at Lakeside.........

Robby
Post #1569

When is the next event?

Call me slack :P but have been in plaster for 9 weeks keeping me outta a race car.

As most know I and Ralph (mounfield Racings son) Very keen to get out into the actual circuit format once it gets going and keen to help if any is needed...

I'll be usually campaigning the Federal / MR Excel.

PRO050
Post #1570

QUOTE (Robby @ Sep 22 2010, 03:07 PM) *
When is the next event?

Call me slack :) but have been in plaster for 9 weeks keeping me outta a race car.

As most know I and Ralph (mounfield Racings son) Very keen to get out into the actual circuit format once it gets going and keen to help if any is needed...

I'll be usually campaigning the Federal / MR Excel.

Lakeside 14 Nov will be the next hit out for the excels hope to have a good group of cars running at that top gear meet.

PRO050
Post #1571

QUOTE (Marlin @ Sep 22 2010, 02:47 PM) *
Shame being Korean will keep you all out of the Jap nats on Sunday at Lakeside.........

Ben we don't want the Excel's to show up all those turbo cars, you know the ones I mean :)

Marlin
Post #1572

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Sep 22 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Ben we don't want the Excel's to show up all those turbo cars, you know the ones I mean :)

lol, I can relax because i know you don't mean mine!
Seriously though, Sunday will be worth coming if you can, even just to see Berry run the 32GTR around there, it's hyper quick. We prepped her up last saturday, good old test n tune around the back blocks, she's good to go! :(

PRO050
Post #1573

QUOTE (Marlin @ Sep 23 2010, 08:32 AM) *
lol, I can relax because i know you don't mean mine!
Seriously though, Sunday will be worth coming if you can, even just to see Berry run the 32GTR around there, it's hyper quick. We prepped her up last saturday, good old test n tune around the back blocks, she's good to go! :)

I would be out there if QR wasn't on, going to be some super fast cars there for sure, and plenty of guys that thought they were quick until the Lakeside factor.
Hows your jigger going? Thought you must have retired.

Black Knight
Post #1574

haha thats awesome, I can see alot of cheap fun to be had here

Marlin
Post #1575

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Sep 23 2010, 08:42 AM) *
I would be out there if QR wasn't on, going to be some super fast cars there for sure, and plenty of guys that thought they were quick until the Lakeside factor.
Hows your jigger going? Thought you must have retired.

Nah, just been lax in collating the parts for the engine :)
Hoping to be all good for the couple of events coming up @ Morgan Park.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 45 of 53
Jump to page
16 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x