Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 44 of 53
Jump to page
boot_it
Post #1506

mmmm getting very tempted to buy a cheap excel and having a go for shits and giggles :D (as im now on a tight budget this seems a real cheap way to entertain myself)

Mounfield Racing
Post #1507

QUOTE (dovey35 @ Aug 23 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Cages fabricated and installed for any model Hyundai Excel.

Top quality work.

$2600 Cage only.

$3200 Cage, Kirkey Aluminium racing seat, 5 point harness and window net.

Contact Ricki Sendall @ Barsted Race Cars 0423914701 or PM me for more info.

Its no secret we also offer cages, modifications for seat mounts, spring sets, seats, harnesses, panel and paint etc etc etc. Regardless who you choose to take your car to, the point is the products are available out there and regardless of cost variation ALL these guys are offering a good product.

PRO050
Post #1508

QUOTE (boot_it @ Aug 25 2010, 08:49 PM) *
mmmm getting very tempted to buy a cheap excel and having a go for shits and giggles :D (as im now on a tight budget this seems a real cheap way to entertain myself)

Just do it, lots of cheap cars out there and the little things fly, but lots of big dollar cars getting schooled by excels are "giggling"

PRO050
Post #1509

Remember guys September 26th Queensland Raceway Top Gear meet will be the first real race meet for the excels.
Hoping to have a decent number of excel on the grid for that meeting.
If anyone needs help on what they need for this meeting don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers Paul

Mounfield Racing
Post #1510

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Aug 26 2010, 08:57 AM) *
Remember guys September 26th Queensland Raceway Top Gear meet will be the first real race meet for the excels.
Cheers Paul

Are the Excels running at Lakeside as well as the Jap Nationals on that day Paul????

Marlin
Post #1511

Shit, I just realised I'm entered in the Jap Nats, I better build this bloody engine!

wasas
Post #1512

Anyway we'll be out in september!! Cant wait for some door-door love :D

edit: dont mine me, I'll l2read

PRO050
Post #1513

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Aug 26 2010, 08:57 AM) *
Cheers Paul

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Aug 26 2010, 10:01 AM) *
Are the Excels running at Lakeside as well as the Jap Nationals on that day Paul????

Excels at the TOP GEAR meet at Queensland Raceway Willowbank
Jap nats Lakeside.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1514

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Aug 26 2010, 12:21 PM) *
Excels at the TOP GEAR meet at Queensland Raceway Willowbank
Jap nats Lakeside.

Cheers Paul

GT_88
Post #1515

QUOTE (Mounfield Racing @ Aug 26 2010, 12:24 PM) *
Cheers Paul

Any Cars for viewing fully race prepared (Full Cage )on the northside?
Might have someone interested to do the September round.

Thanks,

GT

PRO050
Post #1516

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Aug 26 2010, 01:07 PM) *

Thanks,

GT

Plenty of cars with 1/2 cages ready to race that you cans have a look at.
Lakeside sprints are on this Sunday with 19 excels already entered, there should be a few with full cages that you will be able to have a good look at .
Cheers Paul

Mounfield Racing
Post #1517

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Aug 26 2010, 01:07 PM) *

Thanks,

GT

I have two cars stored at Chermside West 0448889562

boot_it
Post #1518

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Aug 26 2010, 08:52 AM) *
Just do it, lots of cheap cars out there and the little things fly, but lots of big dollar cars getting schooled by excels are "giggling"

im pissed my mate just gave a 3dr twin cam excel 3 away to the wreckers ( a mth ago) it only had 120,000km on the clock and it was manual, the customer didnt want to pay to do a timing belt kit ,water pump and a clutch as he said that would cost more than the cars worth :headwall: so the customer said i dont want it just take the rego plates off ill pick up the plates and do what u want with the car......

i better start condeming some excels that come in to work and hope i can buy 1 real cheap :D

Beannie
Post #1519

sold

trackattack
Post #1520

Beannie, Has it got a cage ?

Beannie
Post #1521

sold

PRO050
Post #1522

QUOTE (Beannie @ Aug 31 2010, 05:35 PM) *
unforunately my time has come to pass up this excel series for now.

I need to sell my excel as i do not have time to do what i want to do with it, and need to money to complete my boat.

is anyone interested in it? 1998 twin cam, 5sp, still reg'd until 24/09, passed rwc back in march so getting a rwc won't be costly - i can't think of anything that wont pass.

send me a txt or call me 0400 083830
Looking for $1200

If not a great car for this excel series, it's a great cheap runabout for daily driver. It uses next to no fuel, zippy and will do anyone good service.

Someone grab this thing and throw a cage and come racing at QR in Sept.

Beannie
Post #1523

there are 14" wheels and tyres on the car at the moment, 2 new on front with about 80% tread (400 treadwear rating)
the rear tyres are probably just legal.

i do have 15" wheels to suit the car as well, with no tyres. they are mint with no gutter rash, and would like $250 for them. perfect offset for the excel. took me 6months to find them :)

Beannie
Post #1524

sold

dylan2560
Post #1525

thts a good get more of em off the road

GT_88
Post #1526

Beannie,

Sent you PM,

Just let me know.

Thanks,

GT

Beannie
Post #1527

sold

lil_bobby_260
Post #1528

Mine is nearly ready :-) Got two of them - identical twins.

Both 99 model twin cam 5 speeds. Means i have a spare EVERYTHING....
I need the following bits if anyone has spares or is offloading parts -
springs, camber bolts, cage, race seat and harness, and the federal 595 tyres for 15" rims.

Mounfield Racing
Post #1529

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Sep 1 2010, 10:02 PM) *
Mine is nearly ready :-) Got two of them - identical twins.

Both 99 model twin cam 5 speeds. Means i have a spare EVERYTHING....
I need the following bits if anyone has spares or is offloading parts -
springs, camber bolts, cage, race seat and harness, and the federal 595 tyres for 15" rims.

Can do you a good deal on Federal 595s, Dobinson spring sets, full cage and have real buying power on any 3" 5 point harness and Monarco Pro Race seat if your interested.

E mail me for a price. [email protected]

wasas
Post #1530

lil_bobby_260,

Cages: PM Paul on here PRO50 He's in redcliff, honeslty the best cheap cage you could possibly get. He's done at least half of the cars in the excel series so far, and has his own one that he races too! Half cage with harness bar = ~600-650?

Harness: Hunt down a second hand one with no exp date. 2.5" was enough to keep us strapped down.

Tyres: Option1garage can get amazing rubber and fit it too, also stylish wheels n tyres at slacks creek have a working relationship with jeff and do great deal too :thumbsup:

Springs: Kings from any auto place will do, or pedders if your so inclided.

Camber Pins: We've tried the lot. Just go and buy the whiteline ones upfront. they are the only ones that hold, however they are expensive but worth the price.

Seat: Hunt around. Just what ever you do, dont Tech-screw it to the floor.... Make sure its mounted properly.

Without_regret
Post #1531

can you race in the sprint series with a p plate license?

trackattack
Post #1532

Yes P Plate is no problems.

For tyres, seats, harness, camber bolts, springs etc etc get onto David [email protected]

Cheers Jeff

xfben
Post #1533

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=625420

Some pics of the Excels on track Lakeside 29-08-10

Without_regret
Post #1534

would love to buy a cheap excel that can be used as a daily as well if sponsor decals on it could maybe do extra cheap lol

wasas
Post #1535

Buy the one above... get rego... ????? PROFIT!

lil_bobby_260
Post #1536

QUOTE (wasas @ Sep 2 2010, 09:40 AM) *
lil_bobby_260,

Cages: PM Paul on here PRO50 He's in redcliff, honeslty the best cheap cage you could possibly get. He's done at least half of the cars in the excel series so far, and has his own one that he races too! Half cage with harness bar = ~600-650?

Harness: Hunt down a second hand one with no exp date. 2.5" was enough to keep us strapped down.

Tyres: Option1garage can get amazing rubber and fit it too, also stylish wheels n tyres at slacks creek have a working relationship with jeff and do great deal too :oopsie:

Springs: Kings from any auto place will do, or pedders if your so inclided.

Camber Pins: We've tried the lot. Just go and buy the whiteline ones upfront. they are the only ones that hold, however they are expensive but worth the price.

Seat: Hunt around. Just what ever you do, dont Tech-screw it to the floor.... Make sure its mounted properly.

Yeah cheers - i have spoken to PRO50 via pm about the cage and the possibilty of doing the race seat brackets too. I have a set of 15" OZ racing wheels that i just have to get tyres for.
Ive seen you can get camber bolts etc from track attacks website - good option? I want to run whiteline or similar sway bars too - be car gets ridiculous body roll.

trackattack
Post #1537

As most of you will now realise I am no longer involved with Track Attack - David is looking after the Track Attack Groups.
you'll get him on [email protected]

Cheers Jeff

trackattack
Post #1538

Excel Photo's for Ya ! - more here http://www.focusdevelopments.com.au/gallery

(no racing.....lol)

Wilson10
Post #1539

Hey all got a 96 single cam two door, going for cheap. Call 0432768384.

Cheers Jas

B18a1boy
Post #1540

Anyone have a good nick manual (X3 Twincam) gearbox they want to sell?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 44 of 53
Jump to page
23 User(s) are reading this topic (23 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x