Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 37 of 64
Jump to page
pig060
Post #1261

hows everyones cars going? i got myself a brand new pair of mickey thompson 255/50/16 today so i shouldnt have to much trouble getting of the line now. dont have to take of with 3000rpm launch any more. might have to hook up the launch control and see how that goes :mamoru:

blackers10
Post #1262

niiice!

so what do you suspect will break next in your drive line??

pig060
Post #1263

lol im thinking my rear subframe but im hoping nothing :mamoru: depends how hard i try to take of. but knowing the way i am im sure ill try hard enough.

blackers10
Post #1264

thats what I was thinking

you are running a 1 piece tailshaft as well??
how much do they cost??

my driveline makes a TING noise when you shift into reverse(big shift kit makes it shift hard)

pig060
Post #1265

nar still running a 2 piece sharft. not sure how tuff it will be but im sure time will tell.

Fro-Daddy
Post #1266

My Chaser got called a Cressida the other day, does that give me rights to post in this thread? haha

pig060
Post #1267

lol what model chaser is it??? if its a jzx81 i can kinda see how people would say that if there not into them. but if its a x90-100 then they should get there eyes checked :mamoru:

Fro-Daddy
Post #1268

JZX100 haha.

bazr33
Post #1269

I had a pair of the MT's on my r33, which I still required more practice launching. but managed a 1.7 i think was the best.
had about 350hp at the time. Definately shouldn't have any dramas getting off the line as long as you have the right psi in the tyres.

had another tune done with the t04z. Made sure I had enough fuel with the SAFC etc. But ran into either missfire or boost cut.
I put some new plugs in it, and still ended up doing it. I took out a couple of % in the HI-load map and started smoothing out. So by the sounds of it, I was hitting boost cut. Roughly on 17psi by the look of it. goes pretty good.

pig060
Post #1270

sweet baz sounds good. heading up to the track anytime soon? what psi did you run in the mt with your 33?

ELLA
Post #1271

anyone interested in a 79 MX36 wagon?

just got RWC and six months rego.

cold aircon, powersteer and stuff. has a small water leak, havent found it yet...

want some cash but would take the right swap, pm me.

Glynn.
Post #1272

I've got a grandpa spec mx73 complete with plum
velour interior original everything only thing the old guy I bought it off did was instal a hands free kit for a Nokia 3315 :jerkit:, installed pedders shocks an springs, it's be if tere was no primer patches haha, thinking about selling her, nine cars at one house is excessive

pig060
Post #1273

^^^ put a 1j or 2j in it :jerkit:

Glynn.
Post #1274

QUOTE (pig060 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:07 PM) *
^^^ put a 1j or 2j in it :P

and you fund the conversion??????? :)

pig060
Post #1275

haha i would love to but mine cost me enough :)

Glynn.
Post #1276

damnit, was this close
anyone want to transplant a 7mgte in there for me then?

that_cressy_guy
Post #1277

i just bought an mx73 cressy
gunna throw a 7m-gte in it, or a 1j if funds alow :)
just gunna lower it, throw some dished 16's on
hoping for around 300kwatw by the time its done

hope to cyas round :P

that_cressy_guy
Post #1278

also, does anybody know where i can get a 5mge auto box cheap?
i need one so i can get it registered and on the road to get the ball rolling

cheers :)

pig060
Post #1279

has anyone pumped/rolled there rear 1/4 panels? im looking at doing mine to fit the 255's under as it only just fits but im thinking it might squat pretty hard and might rub so just trying to avoid this if i can.

bazr33
Post #1280

Who has done a big front brake upgrade in their cressida.
I have just upgraded my front brakes to the Ba rotors and r33 calipers.

The brakes are fadin in and out with how far I have to put my foot down. Would I need to upgrade my brake booster/master cylinder?
What brake booster/master cylinders are people using or using standard?

The ba rotors I have are slotted and drilled and look sweet behind my work 17" rims

pig060
Post #1281

ive got the ba/r33 upgrade and i have no problems. mine is still running the factory master/booster. do you know what size the x7 has??? maybe the x8 might bolt in??? mine took a couple of goes to bleed all the air out.

bazr33
Post #1282

problem is all sorted now. had incorrect bearings for the hubs which must of affected or vibrated the brake lines enough to get air in.
got the right bearings in now ( we had two sets on the floor at the time when we did the swap over and our luck picked up the wrong ones), its a nice fit, no wobbles, noises or abnormalities. And now I am that much closer to putting my head through the window when I stomp on the brakes, then the standard brakes.

pig060
Post #1283

nice, there heaps better over standed hey lol. are you entering powercruise at all??? i know of 2 others so far.

ep82-paseo
Post #1284

we need to do a cressie cruise soon tho

bazr33
Post #1285

I would like to achieve my goal of 25psi with the t04z and make sure everything is spot on.
I have wanted to enter a car into powercruise. This might be the one.
I have only got a walbro fuel pump in the car at the moment and sourcing a sard 280l/h pump to replace it as I have reached the limit with the walbro.
soon as I have enough fuel, should be able to hit my aim with boost and make some decent power.
Just hope everything else holds up.

sleepercorty
Post #1286

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:14 PM) *
I would like to achieve my goal of 25psi with the t04z and make sure everything is spot on.
I have wanted to enter a car into powercruise. This might be the one.
I have only got a walbro fuel pump in the car at the moment and sourcing a sard 280l/h pump to replace it as I have reached the limit with the walbro.
soon as I have enough fuel, should be able to hit my aim with boost and make some decent power.
Just hope everything else holds up.

i think that my walbo is about on its limits to so im purchasing another one, and fitting the two inside the tank i have seen a few jza80s with two walbros and seems to work really well. my single walbro and 550cc injectors only made it to 437rwhp through auto and 4000rpm convertor. so two walbros and 1000cc injectors + 30psi = bald tires

1.5jz cressida
Post #1287

hows every one's granny specs coming???? my gearbox is out just sorting the drama out with that then tune rego insurance then back on the road. sleepycorty is your cressy running the low 11's????? whats done to the auto??? barret post some pics up of the whole car. pig you 2

Glynn.
Post #1288

its Sitting ;)
not happy

1.5jz cressida
Post #1289

yeh im just waiting on box then all systems are go. once its back want to work on the body paint and interior

sleepercorty
Post #1290

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 30 2010, 11:38 AM) *
hows every one's granny specs coming???? my gearbox is out just sorting the drama out with that then tune rego insurance then back on the road. sleepycorty is your cressy running the low 11's????? whats done to the auto??? barret post some pics up of the whole car. pig you 2

yeh ran 11.006 @ 123.5mph on saturday night, gearbox is standard with mv valve body and 4000rpm convertor. im also looking for spare working 1jz boxes if anyone is willing to sell one, i will be needing one in the future some time

LOWXD
Post #1291

7mgte manual cressida mx73

$2grand needs to go

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=560998

1.5jz cressida
Post #1292

QUOTE (sleepercorty @ Jun 30 2010, 07:09 PM) *
yeh ran 11.006 @ 123.5mph on saturday night, gearbox is standard with mv valve body and 4000rpm convertor. im also looking for spare working 1jz boxes if anyone is willing to sell one, i will be needing one in the future some time

what power you making???? do you know how much torque???? and what engine mods you got???

sleepercorty
Post #1293

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jul 2 2010, 12:03 PM) *
what power you making???? do you know how much torque???? and what engine mods you got???

power wise is making 437rwhp torque nearly 2000Lb on the dyno. standard bottom end, jhh ported head, jun 280 degree camshafts, t66 turbo, 6boost manifold, turbosmart 45mm gate 20psi of boost. currently has 550cc injectors that are out of flow so have some 1000cc injectors on the way aiming for 500rwhp 25-30psi should run 10.5 but will only get one run so will have to make it a good one.
heres a link to a pic of my 11.006 run

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=597321

1.5jz cressida
Post #1294

nice dude very nice, pretty sure you'll be the fastest cressida in qld at present? if any 1 can correct me????? do you have any other pics? and it is a 1j???? so standard 1j bottom end or you got the 1.5jz?

timmeh01
Post #1295

if anyone is looking for a mint cressida check my topics everythink is there except motor n box interia is mint if no one wants in ill wreck so let me no if u need any its got cream leather

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 37 of 64
Jump to page
53 User(s) are reading this topic (53 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x