Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 36 of 64
Jump to page
bazr33
Post #1226

Looking at puttin on a different turbo soonish
Bought a Garrett T04Z to replace my proboost t66.

Car is going in wednesday to have the us cams put on and fuel reg and tune.
Still looking for a a340e valvebody to send to MV to have upgraded, as they dont have any in stock come back to them to do.

Anyone has one or gearbox they would like to sell, let us know .

pig060
Post #1227

sweet dude. what size exhaust housing did you go with the z? ull have to let us know what it makes? will the t66 be on for the tune wednesday for the z?

bazr33
Post #1228

has a 1.32 rear housing so should see full boost roughly the same if not slightly quicker as the t66 as it has similar size rear. But when the z comes on it should be pretty angry!!!

Im going to let Brad know about the purchase of the turbo. Depending if the turbo arrives in time for wednesday could possibly have it all done at the same time. Just have to be all done before the 29th May for when it goes down the strip again.

Payed for the upgraded valvebody from mv and its on its way. One part i am definately looking forward to having installed.

Only other thing i am undecided with is a stally. As the car is a nice daily. Dont really want to sacrifice its drivability.

Aaron
Post #1229

baught a mx83 cressida grande about 3 weeks back really clean paintwork immaculate leather and got a jzx81 halfcut with coilovers on its way should make for an exciting conversion any tips or anything any input would be awesome

pig060
Post #1230

^^^ sounds good dude keep us posted. if you want all the info in the world about a jz conversion go into toyotacressida.net and ull find it all there other wise ill be typing for a while :hsdance: were did you find a jzx81 cut? there getting rare now days from what i hear. how many k's are on it?

Baz- 1.32 man thats going to be laggy hehehe when do you see full boost by now with the t66? mv do a 3400 stall which is ment to be really well for a street car with a single turbo (depending on your turbo etc). if i was to go auto again i would be looking around a 3500 for street/strip but my turbo would come on earlyer then yours would. should be good to see how well it goes after you sort all this stuff out :mamoru:

bazr33
Post #1231

4000rpm is full boost on the t66. Im hoping the ball bearing t04 wont be too far away. maybe 4500.
i'll see what happens, but might even switch the housings around.

pig060
Post #1232

how did you go today baz???

bazr33
Post #1233

Car was dropped round tonight
Should be ready tomorrow with cams installed, fuel reg. and we are going for switching the rear housing from the 66 onto the z.

My crazy thought that the 1.32 would be worth while on the 2jz wasnt to be haha. Just would of come on too late and just when power starts to drop off will more likely when the turbo would kick in. So that idea has been scraped.

So tomorrow will find out if the 66 rear will interchange (pleeaasee) and will go from there.
Still waiting for my valvebody to arrive, then will be installed aswell

blackers10
Post #1234

I still have NO idea what brand my turbo actually is... prev owner said it was a precision brand item but unless its stamped inside somewhere i can only see HYBRID stamped on the outside.. god damn it..

other than that
i think my fuel system is losing pressure between shut down priming and re starting after a while as it coughs and farts around for a few seconds until it gets fuel/uses the fuel thats in it

hoping its nothing serious and just maybe a leaky injector or a stuffed fuel filter etc
worse options could be stuffed valve stem seals letting oil down into the cylinder that takes a bit to clear

does everybody elses fuel system prime after the car is turned off instead of prior to start like most other cars??

bazr33 your car sounds like its going to be a whole lot of fun with the new turbo and shift kit

pig060
Post #1235

let us now how you go baz. blackers10 does the turbo have any plate with writing on the main core of the turbo? near the oil line? (like the garrets do?) mine primes before i start the car thats abit wierd why it would do it after?if you need to change your injector seals you should try and find some 2jz injectors and get them cleaned/new seals (440cc) put in, unless your after bigger power and want big after market ones. 1jz's are 370cc so would be a nice small upgrade and bolt stright in.

bookie84
Post #1236

QUOTE (bazr33 @ May 18 2010, 08:34 PM) *
4000rpm is full boost on the t66. Im hoping the ball bearing t04 wont be too far away. maybe 4500.
i'll see what happens, but might even switch the housings around.

couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread but are you running 1j or 2j?

On a t66 there is no way you would get full boost by 4k 1j unless you have cams? meh. I miss my 1j lol

sleepercorty
Post #1237

QUOTE (bazr33 @ May 19 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Car was dropped round tonight
Should be ready tomorrow with cams installed, fuel reg. and we are going for switching the rear housing from the 66 onto the z.

My crazy thought that the 1.32 would be worth while on the 2jz wasnt to be haha. Just would of come on too late and just when power starts to drop off will more likely when the turbo would kick in. So that idea has been scraped.

So tomorrow will find out if the 66 rear will interchange (pleeaasee) and will go from there.
Still waiting for my valvebody to arrive, then will be installed aswell

if your t66 had a p trim wheel then the exhaust housing will interchange with the to4z. 1.0 rear housing is about as big as you want to go, my 1jz has a .7 rear housing with a t66 and i get boost at 4000rpm. i have a 4000rpm convertor and my wife drives the car everyday so is still very streetable. i had a 3400rpm convertor and ran 12.9 118mph 2.4 60 foot changed to 4000rpm convertor and ran 11.5 118mph 1.79 60 foot same tune and same boost. more boost and 1.6 60 foot hoping to be in the 10's

bazr33
Post #1238

I have a 2jz with us spec cams and I do get full boost pretty much spot on 4000rpm. t66 as a 1.02 or so rear.

So if anyone is keen on buying a set of aristo cams and the standard 440cc injectors pm me!!!

The car has had a light load tune last night due to the rain. We had a couple of squirts and were just getting wheelspin so didnt get an accurate reading. I have a heap of fuel to play with so I can put the boost up another couple of psi.
Another tune is happening this arvo.

I recieved my valvebody from mv and will be putting that in at somepoint soon.

pig060
Post #1239

sweet dude how did you go last night with your tune? what boost are you running in it?

bazr33
Post #1240

doing full tune tomorrow night. didnt get a chance to do it yesterday.

In the meantime, i installed the valvebody today. Changes very firm now. pretty much chrips L to 2nd, normally driving.
Haven't punched it yet.

boost is over 1.5bar at the moment. another couple of psi tomorrow. So I guess around 25-26psi.
let ya know.

rotor_head_83
Post #1241

I have two jzx81 autoboxes sitting at my house (one has clutches slipping, the other has no reverse) - what should I do with them?

Aaron
Post #1242

QUOTE (pig060 @ May 17 2010, 09:03 PM) *
^^^ sounds good dude keep us posted. if you want all the info in the world about a jz conversion go into toyotacressida.net and ull find it all there other wise ill be typing for a while :) were did you find a jzx81 cut? there getting rare now days from what i hear. how many k's are on it?

Baz- 1.32 man thats going to be laggy hehehe when do you see full boost by now with the t66? mv do a 3400 stall which is ment to be really well for a street car with a single turbo (depending on your turbo etc). if i was to go auto again i would be looking around a 3500 for street/strip but my turbo would come on earlyer then yours would. should be good to see how well it goes after you sort all this stuff out :P

yeah mate got it of a mate at work he was going to do a conversion but wrote the cressy off its got 120 odd thou on it auto and stock will probably keep it that way for a nice clean daily

bazr33
Post #1243

tune done today, running real nice.
Seems to be that my single stage turbosmart boost controller is limiting me to 1.4-1.5bar boost (22psi)

next thing for the list might be a eboost, and a sard fuel pump.

pig060
Post #1244

how much power did you end up making baz?

bazr33
Post #1245

it was road tuned, so unsure as to what power I have. Guess i'll have to do a power run on someones dyno.
As soon as I head down the strip again, probably be able to gestimate what power I would have.

Would be over 400hp though.

blackers10
Post #1246

nice work mate!!

Aaron look forward to seeing your build up

ELLA
Post #1247

hey baz is your car a mx73? spotted one in slacks creek on allgas st the other day with your user name as the rego...

bazr33
Post #1248

i have been in slacks creek every now and then to have my tune done.
the plate is simlar to my username, so probably was me.

So whens the next cressida/cresta/aristo/4 door saloon meet up??
Is it possible to organise a cruise that falls on a weekend preferably sunday? Nice mountain cruise or open road?

pig060
Post #1249

might wait a while before we do a cruise as there is still a few in the build which will take a couple of months to finish them of then we should do something. plus ive got my first baby due anytime now so ill be busy in the next month i guess :)

blackers10
Post #1250

we can have a cruise any time once everybody has a car on the road LOL

a nice weekend run up to maleny or somthing would be good

pig060
Post #1251

ill drop in and show the old fella what i did to his old car lol (i bought it from there) he will probably die the poor old bugger. he loved it so much and i wasnt game enough to tell him what i was going to do to it hehehe.

blackers10
Post #1252

what did u do in regard to the charcoal canister on yours pig060?

mines missing and lookin at my options
I have one in my au fairlane wreck i can probably throw in

pig060
Post #1253

:) hmmmm about that hahahaha.

nferno
Post #1254

Has anybody come across a gilmer drive kit for a 2J? Ive only found one place that sells them, in nz and i haven't seen a single review anywhere on the net about them.

pig060
Post #1255

can i ask why you want one? ive got no idea were to get them.

nferno
Post #1256

QUOTE (pig060 @ May 29 2010, 03:17 PM) *
can i ask why you want one? ive got no idea were to get them.

Purely for noise.

pig060
Post #1257

fare enough :( a big ass 47r etc will give you a nice sound hehehe

nferno
Post #1258

QUOTE (pig060 @ May 29 2010, 03:21 PM) *
fare enough :( a big ass turbo will give you a nice sound hehehe

Ive got one, though i can only hear it past 3.5k lol. I want something that scares small children at idle.

bazr33
Post #1259

Pig060- will be a exciting time for you and hope everything goes well with your first child.

bit of an update got my t04z installed on my car and upgraded valvebody.
still have to sort out a better v band clamp as a little bit of air is still escaping from the exhaust/turbo.
should have it done tomorrow.

manually changing through 1st and 2nd is exciting haha with the new valvebody. the arse of the car wants to catch up with the front of the car.

also was bored one day so got a power run on the t66 turbo before I changed it. I had it on 17 psi with 374hp.
So soon as I double check my fuel and tune for 24psi on the t04z, I hope to see another 100hp.

pig060
Post #1260

cheers dude, yeah all is good apart from the sleep lol. cant wait to get mine out again. just got to get my final tune done as i havnt had a chance yet. so hopefully in a few weeks i might have time to get a tune and head out to willowbank for another run.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 36 of 64
Jump to page
27 User(s) are reading this topic (27 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x