Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 33 of 64
Jump to page
1.5jz cressida
Post #1121

dude i love it looks sexy im looknig forward to getting my beast back when ever that is its almost been a year :P

pig060
Post #1122

QUOTE (BlownBMW @ Mar 27 2010, 12:29 PM) *
car looked very tidy, and sounded tuff on thursday night Ronny :P

cheers dude still got to get it fine tuned yet but thats all in good time :P hows your car coming along?

dan- a year thats crazy hahaha i would be pulling my hair out by now lol cant wait for a cruise to happen now.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1123

also guys i have some 17" dinner plate rims with all good tread polished dish for the classy look, also have semi slick rims for drags if your keen pm me

bazr33
Post #1124

Have a recent pic I took of the cress.

I remembered the last one had touch-up marks etc on it and wasn't painted.

loveit
Post #1125

anyone wanna help me swap out my 1g for my 1jz in a couple weeks :P my roll cab i left in my front yard while i went to maccas was stolen so now i have no tools either =[ but i do have a winch that i can support of a beam in my house to drop in

rotor_head_83
Post #1126

I think my JZX83 just did a big end after a few light dyno pulls at the mechanics. Who would you guys suggest to supply/fit a new long motor? I'm looking for something that won't break on me (and my GT35) - preferably with some sorta warranty or reputation for selling good engines.

I didn't even get to drive her after I transplanted the 1J :thumbsup:

Hopefully its back on the road soon, cuz its destined for great things :oopsie:

pig060
Post #1127

^^^ pics or ban hahaha. ive always got my engines/halfcuts from asian auto spares on kingston road brisbane/logan (top of moss st pretty much) they have always been good and ive bought 3 halfcuts from them now. what setup do you have???

rotor_head_83
Post #1128

mmmmm 1j

loveit
Post #1129

does the gx81 cresta have the same stud patterns as cressidas?,,im not a wheel guy :thumbsup:

pig060
Post #1130

well i headed out to willowbank tonight and didnt i have a shit night hahaha. had alot of trouble with traction and axle tramping bad. i ended up running a 12.81@118mph with a best of 120mph. pretty happy with the trap speed so once i get my final tune done it should be fun to drive. now the fun part of working out how not to get it to axle tramp so bad so i can throw so more power into it.

bazr33
Post #1131

got to be happy with 120mph. Especially knowing ya boost issue hasn't been fully sorted. Gives ya a good indication as to whats to come when your able to control it and put more through it.
Would be good to know though once its finalised what is causing your spiking.
I only managed to get a bit of footage of your 13.2 run with a bit of backfire.

Were you able to get an alright 60ft?

I just want to get my car sorted and back out there again asap. My aim is just to get into 120mph+ numbers for now.

But yeah good news about your car. Seems to sounds like there isn't any other issues with your car besides ya boost issue, and once thats sorted
Bring on the 11's.

pig060
Post #1132

yeah thats it. good to meet you. the back fire was me hitting the limiter as its set lower at the moment i crossed the line in forth on the limter. 60ft was around the 2.2 - 2.4 not sure if you seen my second run but it was bad. since i got good traction in first gear (first pass) i desided to rev it hard on take of which worked alot as the car picked up the front a far bit and i thought sweet here i go then the tyres let go so i tryed to go into second and wouldnt let me so i pumped the clutch to get it in then spun the rest of second and third by then i was half track and didnt get any speed up and ran a high 16 or something @107 hahaha. third run alot of people had left so i thought ill go around and ill baby it over the start then get into it once ive got traction into third. but i baby it to much and bogged down and ran a 13***@120mph. then came around with 5mins to go so thought bugger it ill try once more and tryed something didferent again and got the 12 but spining 2nd with about half throttle and slowly putting the pedal down which helped alot. oh and my first run had 50psi in the tyres still in them from dyno tunning weeks before hahaha had to fix that but then it was a different car again.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1133

you got to be happy with that, mph is good always going to have drama's with traction il sell you my semi's :)

my best mph was in the 13's the quicker i went the lower the mph :bowrofl:

pig060
Post #1134

what semis do you have? yeah i wanted to get a 12 with the way it is now which i did. most of my other cars ive built have been auto so its so much hard to drive at the track. but im sure with time ill get better and work out what works and what doesn't. what springs have you got in the rear dan? what was your 60ft times? im trying to work out if my springs are to soft or not.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1135

QUOTE (pig060 @ Apr 3 2010, 03:30 PM) *
what semis do you have? yeah i wanted to get a 12 with the way it is now which i did. most of my other cars ive built have been auto so its so much hard to drive at the track. but im sure with time ill get better and work out what works and what doesn't. what springs have you got in the rear dan? what was your 60ft times? im trying to work out if my springs are to soft or not.

iv got king springs and kyb shocks there still pretty soft, when i ran a 11.9 i was at 2.8 and 96mph so it was shit so the cressy has got alot more to go, iv got barrets old semi's 255 by 50 by 16 gtr rims looks tough grip nicely

pig060
Post #1136

do you now what kings they are? ive got my single turbo side all pulled down now ready for my new exhust manifold and to move the gate into the turbo housing :P but on the other hand i went for a drive this arvo to drop it of at a mates house for the new setup and i think ive hurt my gearbox. first gear keeps poping out when i try to take of :P looks like it might be the thrust washer but ill have to take it out and find out. i fix one thing and run into another hahaha.

rotor_head_83
Post #1137

I'm running KYB/Kings as well. KYB Excel-G shocks and KTRL-77 King Springs. Nothing drastic, but they sit over 50 profile tyres on 16" rims very nicely whilst looking stock.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1138

thats the height mine sits since i stripped the interior it sits higher so im gonna get the springs compressed, so i wanna get it sitting flush and it tucks nicley. here are some pics of the rims iv had on it all were awesome the lexus wheels were my fav

pig060
Post #1139

this is my new wastegate setup to control the boost better. still has to be hpc coated but i want to get it dyno tuned first to make sure its all working properly.

my new manifold now fitted with EGT sensors. when tuning i can plug in the sensors to measure the exhaust gas temp to make sure all cyclinders are burning at the same temp and if not tune it so they are.

02JZE
Post #1140

Going to test n tune tonight ??? I was going to head out there for a look.

pig060
Post #1141

nar im not, i went out last friday but hurt my gearbox so its sitting out of the car ready to be fixed. once thats done its of to get a tune done again to make sure the boost is good. then of to the track again :rolleyes:

blackers10
Post #1142

Well lads I should have my MX83 with 1j conversion on the road this week(just waiting for funds to pay for rego)
it needs some TLC and I need some guidance as I am new to these motors and Toyotas in general (Was a Ford man with a 99 AU Fairlane on 20s etc)

the conversion is a bit of a hack job by the looks(needs a tidy up) but I have nothing to compare it to except the awesome engine bays I see on here etc
I am over at Narangba just near lakeside raceway if anybody lives close by id be keen as to meet up

add me on msn if you like
[email protected]

loveit
Post #1143

wish my 1j conversion could be done this week :rolleyes:

timmeh01
Post #1144

what does evry1 think bout puttin a 1us in my 92grande cressida?????????????

rotor_head_83
Post #1145

1uz's been done so it's possible. There were a few up for sale recently, but pretty popular as you could imagine. Would make for a nice cruiser, and they aren't pigs on the fuel when you drive it normally.

02JZE
Post #1146

QUOTE (timmeh01 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:16 PM) *
what does evry1 think bout puttin a 1us in my 92grande cressida?????????????

1j or 2j much better imo

bazr33
Post #1147

My issue I had with the slight miss at full boost was the farkin shit iridium 1.1mm gapped plugs.
Chucked some pre-gapped .8mm copper plugs and is running sweeeet.

Currently set on 1bar of boost. 2nd tune happening very soon and setup on 1.5bar.

anxiously waiting to hit the track again to see what it can do.

After that U.S cam to be installed to help with top end. Ahhhh yesss

pig060
Post #1148

dont even bother with iridiums hey dude. they give you more trouble then there worth. ive just always run NGK plugs and never looked back. sounds good cant wait to head back out my self just waiting for my gearbox to be fixed.

blackers10
Post #1149

Well my cressy should get rego tommorow providing DOT don't screw me around at all

rotor_head_83
Post #1150

QUOTE (pig060 @ Apr 13 2010, 09:44 PM) *
dont even bother with iridiums hey dude. they give you more trouble then there worth. ive just always run NGK plugs and never looked back. sounds good cant wait to head back out my self just waiting for my gearbox to be fixed.

x2

BKR-5E's gapped to 0.7mm - fixed misfire problems no worries.

pig060
Post #1151

blackers10- have you got any pics of your cressy??

blackers10
Post #1152

its rego'd now yay
I have a thread on the cressida forum
http://forums.toyotacressida.net/forums/sh...ead.php?t=60318

pig060
Post #1153

oh yeah sweet ive seen that. im YGO 08 on the cressy forums. might have to get a few cressy boys out for a cruise some time soon hey?

1.5jz cressida
Post #1154

not with out me :wavey:

pig060
Post #1155

well your just going to have to get it out and ready for a cruise hehehe.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 33 of 64
Jump to page
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x