Gutted Interior - In QLD  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
joe blo
Post #36

QUOTE (the_random_hero @ Feb 22 2010, 05:17 AM) *
You can't just silicone the rear seat belt holes up, they need to be permanently filled (ie. bolt in and then welded).

ive heard of stuff like that and i asked the dude when he did my one about 3 months ago. he said as long as its all gone ( the belts and stuff) its ok and gave me the modplate.

TUFF VZ
Post #37

i will do this in my rx7 simply because there is no way in hell anyones gonna fit in the back lol

Innocent_Commuter
Post #38

I pulled out all my leather trim and rear seats for the sole purpose of filling the space with tyres and tools. If you reg it as a two seater all the seatbelts in the rear MUST be removed.

Qustion: I have a about 5 modplates with multiple codes, however most of the engineering documents have gone/been lost. Is there a way of Getting new paperwork done up without new modplates?

TRY TOO
Post #39

+1 for doing it to fit more tyres in! Can fit bugger all in a 4door 32 with a cage and back seats in sad.gif

joe blo
Post #40

QUOTE (Innocent_Commuter @ Feb 22 2010, 05:13 PM) *
I pulled out all my leather trim and rear seats for the sole purpose of filling the space with tyres and tools. If you reg it as a two seater all the seatbelts in the rear MUST be removed.

Qustion: I have a about 5 modplates with multiple codes, however most of the engineering documents have gone/been lost. Is there a way of Getting new paperwork done up without new modplates?

yer i asked the same question about getting details for mods done. the rookie rox dude said the modplate guys need to keep the details of the mods done for 7 years or something so youd be able to get it from them if they were done within that time. use the issuer code from the plate to find out who the dude was that did them and call em up. might have to go to d.o.t to match the issuer code to the company that did the plates

-Jordan-
Post #41

QUOTE (SHEZ_S13 @ Feb 21 2010, 10:42 PM) *
could put my 6x9's in there and take out the parcel tray...

waaiiiittt... what?

why go to all the effort of removing the rear seat and then put in some of the heaviest speakers that you can get?

and yes, I realise speakers dont weight that much - but realistically, neither does the seat unless you're going all out

88shatls
Post #42

i got fine for no carpet

jish
Post #43

QUOTE (TRY TOO @ Feb 22 2010, 05:20 PM) *
+1 for doing it to fit more tyres in! Can fit bugger all in a 4door 32 with a cage and back seats in sad.gif

What are the specs on yours man? Keen to see another 4 door gutted and modded etc!

iNfLuEnCe
Post #44

my question is, why bother? pretty pointless if your mates or family members are in desperate need of a lift to say the hospital or something

jish
Post #45

QUOTE (iNfLuEnCe @ Feb 22 2010, 07:24 PM) *
my question is, why bother? pretty pointless if your mates or family members are in desperate need of a lift to say the hospital or something

That's why you have two cars!

What about cars than only have 2 seats to begin with?

jish
Post #46

QUOTE (TUFF VZ @ Feb 22 2010, 05:06 PM) *
i will do this in my rx7 simply because there is no way in hell anyones gonna fit in the back lol

HAHA I had to sit across the back seat in my mates old Series 8 Bathurst Edition. Most uncomfortable shit ever!

mudjimba
Post #47

QUOTE (iNfLuEnCe @ Feb 22 2010, 07:24 PM) *

If you need to take someone to the hospital in an emergency, you could do so. You just can't drive them back, as it is no longer an emergency.

SHEZ_S13
Post #48

QUOTE (-Jordan- @ Feb 22 2010, 06:11 PM) *
waaiiiittt... what?

why go to all the effort of removing the rear seat and then put in some of the heaviest speakers that you can get?

and yes, I realise speakers dont weight that much - but realistically, neither does the seat unless you're going all out

i listen to music when i drive, i want it loud, my 6x9's are light as fuck and they would be in the parcel tray anyway

TUFF VZ
Post #49

QUOTE (jish @ Feb 22 2010, 07:37 PM) *
HAHA I had to sit across the back seat in my mates old Series 8 Bathurst Edition. Most uncomfortable shit ever!

this is even worse its a series 1 lol no room at all maybe 1mm between the seats lol

Sharpy
Post #50

Why do it?

A. If thats all you're doing..... dont.

But if you get light weight wheels

get rid of carpets, spare wheel back seat, carbon bonnet, door, boot, lexcen glass, blah blah blah

it helps, and depending on what you want to do depends on the extent you can get out of them

from getting the weight of 1 or 2 or more people out of your car by stripping it in something like a 180sx, to getting 3-500kg out of a supra.

it helps

Car that won Superlap NZ was a treuno with lexcen 'windows' no interior lightweight everything.

Mark berry;s 34gtr's dash weighs 1.1kg.

obviously they are the extreme, but it all helps

99GSR
Post #51

I put a half cage in so got rid of back seat. All engineered cost $110. QLD transport does not cost anything.

1970 ZC
Post #52

Anyone no who does mod plates on the sunny coast?

the_random_hero
Post #53

Gutted interior on a stock AE82 with 450k kms = car now as quick as a R32 Golf. Power to weight is EVERYTHING.

ae_drift_86
Post #54

i want to do this to my sprinter when i go on my p's, there is really no point of having my back seats/carpet/othershit unless you weigh 20kilos and are 150cm tall or less......

jish
Post #55

Sorry to bump this thread as I know it's a few weeks old, but I'm after just a quick list of what I need to do to make it legal.

Like, seatbelts NEED to come out? etc etc.

I'm sure it says through this thread what's needed but I'm after some cliff notes smile.gif

the_random_hero
Post #56

QUOTE (jish @ Mar 2 2010, 01:50 PM) *
Sorry to bump this thread as I know it's a few weeks old, but I'm after just a quick list of what I need to do to make it legal.

Like, seatbelts NEED to come out? etc etc.

I'm sure it says through this thread what's needed but I'm after some cliff notes smile.gif

I'd talk to somebody who is going to do the mod plating, but as far as I know all seatbelt mounting points need to be permanently filled and if you have any sort of fuel setup in the boot, it must be completely sealed from the cabin (unless it's something like a hatch). Personally I'd just rivet a sheet of alloy in where the seat was to seal the boot off.

TTS
Post #57

You can strip absolutely everything but dash (although you can take it out and get one made up custom) and front door trims. Everything else (carpet, plastic trim, roof lining, sound deadener) can be chucked in the bin or sold.

E.g.

yoinklol
Post #58

So im confused, P Platers arent allowed mod plates for engine mods but are for removing seats? When I wanted to do this with the Laurel I called Queensland Transport and the girly gave me a big "No! No mod plates at all!" followed by an evil snarl.

TTS
Post #59

QUOTE (yoinklol @ Mar 2 2010, 06:47 PM) *
So im confused, P Platers arent allowed mod plates for engine mods but are for removing seats? When I wanted to do this with the Laurel I called Queensland Transport and the girly gave me a big "No! No mod plates at all!" followed by an evil snarl.

You can't have mod plate for engine work. Mod plate to remove back seats is ok.

Just make sure it gets registered as a 2 seater.

32 MKV
Post #60

QUOTE (the_random_hero @ Feb 23 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Gutted interior on a stock AE82 with 450k kms = car now as quick as a R32 Golf. Power to weight is EVERYTHING.

really?... yes power to weight is everything for sure.. but a few other things go into concept aswell..

a guy with a R32 on the Golfmkv forums took out his rear seats+spare & tools and weighed his car.. nearly 100KG's difference!!

Lazer_Spec
Post #61

here is my interior runnin no carpet. jus two front seats dash centre console door cards and cage

32 MKV
Post #62

QUOTE (Lazer_Spec @ Mar 2 2010, 08:58 PM) *
here is my interior runnin no carpet. jus two front seats dash centre console door cards and cage

make's me wonder... how much weight is actaully had to be saved doing this?

i personally wouldn't do it unless it was a track car or tracked regulary.. as i don't see the point in extreme weight stripping in a untracked daily dunno.gif

the_random_hero
Post #63

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 2 2010, 08:30 PM) *
really?... yes power to weight is everything for sure.. but a few other things go into concept aswell..

a guy with a R32 on the Golfmkv forums took out his rear seats+spare & tools and weighed his car.. nearly 100KG's difference!!

Yep, actually ran 1 second quicker in the Hillclimbs than he did. Admittedly there was a fucking good driver behind the AE82.

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 2 2010, 09:04 PM) *

i personally wouldn't do it unless it was a track car or tracked regulary.. as i don't see the point in extreme weight stripping in a untracked daily dunno.gif

You'd be surprised. I've already taken over 120kg (more than 10% of the car) out of my AW11 and I haven't gotten -too- serious with removing things yet.

GTS R33
Post #64

QUOTE (Sharpy @ Feb 22 2010, 09:19 PM) *
Why do it?

A. If thats all you're doing..... dont.

But if you get light weight wheels

get rid of carpets, spare wheel back seat, carbon bonnet, door, boot, lexcen glass, blah blah blah

it helps, and depending on what you want to do depends on the extent you can get out of them

from getting the weight of 1 or 2 or more people out of your car by stripping it in something like a 180sx, to getting 3-500kg out of a supra.

it helps

Car that won Superlap NZ was a treuno with lexcen 'windows' no interior lightweight everything.

Mark berry;s 34gtr's dash weighs 1.1kg.

obviously they are the extreme, but it all helps

he wants to race the n/a auto supra that nearly beat the turbo skyline

GTRVspec95
Post #65

QUOTE (SHEZ_S13 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:43 PM) *
i listen to music when i drive, i want it loud, my 6x9's are light as fuck and they would be in the parcel tray anyway

Don't even worry about stripping you're interior then as your defeating the purpose of it buy putting unnecessary ballast back in ...

jish
Post #66

QUOTE (32 MKV @ Mar 2 2010, 09:04 PM) *

If a car is piggish then there's a fairly good reason (like what I'm doing).

It's going to cost far too much getting it overly clean for a 20 year old car with outdated material on the seats, carpet starting to tear etc etc.

So I'm stripping the fuck out of it and keeping it clean that way.

That and when I do get it to the track, not only will I have less weight, I'll have room for more tyres etc smile.gif

32 MKV
Post #67

QUOTE (the_random_hero @ Mar 2 2010, 09:32 PM) *
Yep, actually ran 1 second quicker in the Hillclimbs than he did. Admittedly there was a fucking good driver behind the AE82.

You'd be surprised. I've already taken over 120kg (more than 10% of the car) out of my AW11 and I haven't gotten -too- serious with removing things yet.

o was that the other day? against the silver R32.. that's keith he's cool.

yeah i know there is a good 100kgs+ in it... but if you were to take a car off the road and fully track it.. how much weight could be saved? 200-250+?

Evaded Motorsport
Post #68

Hahaha TRH we beat the M3 by over a second, we went .5 of a second slower than one of the GTi's and about 1.5 slower than the other GTi. Not bad considering we have spent $2.5k including the cost of the car.

If you are just going to put the speakers back in don't even bother removing interior parts. It will actually change the sound of the audio gear as it will be reflecting off different surfaces.

I will post some pics of our AE82 this evening to show you how to strip a car tongue.gif

Andrew

wbtonner
Post #69

QUOTE (GTRVspec95 @ Feb 21 2010, 10:39 PM) *
Correct

QLD transport need to be notified of this change and record it against the vehicle

Not to sure about the P plate legalities thou

i didn't bother reading the next pages but in QLD seating mods are sweet for p platers, my utes got buckets and removed the bench got it plated and never any attention, but with the buckets cops like to think you don't have it plated and like to check

1jz jzx90
Post #70

if u mod plate it means u cant drive it p plate laws im on them to thats why i sold my sierra and u need the modplate to change it

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
47 User(s) are reading this topic (47 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x