Attempting To Break A World Record - Come be a part of it!  

Page 7 of 12
Jump to page
warney
Post #211

QUOTE (Street Tuned @ Jan 23 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Totally gutted

Just got off the phone with my tuner and my car isn't ready. He wont give me my car back until everything is perfect (understandable on a $8000 build) so I can't make it.

Ive called around to try and get another ride with no avail. angry.gif

So if anyone else wants my spot please go ahead

I think ill still head out there and watch, I just don't think I'll be able to do doughnuts in a FWD 1.3L Barina.

James

bugger to hear, better safe then sorry !!!!!

running a bit behind time , will be there closer to 12.30, leaving now.....

warney

MagicMike
Post #212

Well we broke the record! biggrin.gif

Not as many turned up (typical) but there was 60something cars on track and the new official record is 57 (I think)

94VR
Post #213

nice, pics/videos?? keen on.

350stato
Post #214

Nice, was ment to be part of it but blew my clutch and not got fixed in time, spewin I missed it

Tweak
Post #215

Well we had fires ,blow ups and blow outs. The red holden ute has abit of a tyre fire and also pulled off the fastest rear tyre change ive seen in a while. Poor Black r33 with the alpine sticker on the side i believe blew a gearbox to bits as there was a shit load of oil on the track and a very bad diff smell when it was towed into the pits. And the Fella in the green datto that never made it past the pit exit lol. Came out reving it then bang gearbox went lol.
And the guy in the white turbo corrolla in the 2nd attempt at the burnout pad section was fucking nuts so much smoke from such a small car tho the steam show at the end was not so good.

But ya had the usuall commodore and falcons out most one leggers but a few were twins

IEATU
Post #216

well my black VE ute destroyed a pair of tyres along with my drivers side guard. Had fun tho, no regrets !

RetardedMonkey
Post #217

Pics will be good that's for sure.

HSV
Post #218

QUOTE (MagicMike @ Jan 23 2010, 03:15 PM) *
Well we broke the record! biggrin.gif

Not as many turned up (typical) but there was 60something cars on track and the new official record is 57 (I think)

Hey if you could get the parts for me I needed and fixed the 3 foot or so of melted wiring in my engine bay, I would of been happy to be there.

Devils Rotor
Post #219

yea was a bloody mad day.. car had a hard time trying to get around the frist time but the sec time was bloody mad..no more tyres lol...

Manic 180
Post #220

epic day, so little respect for cars haha. the green rims are sporting two blown tyres now.

ohmy.gif @ the helicopter hitting the tree shocked.gif

BoostWagon
Post #221

Fun as day! First skids in my new 180, motor held up fine which is good!!!

Made lots of smoke, killed some tyres.. good day! heat wasnt as bad as i thought it would

637-PSI
Post #222

QUOTE (IEATU @ Jan 23 2010, 04:30 PM) *
well my black VE ute destroyed a pair of tyres along with my drivers side guard. Had fun tho, no regrets !

haha sorry i didn't have a pair of scissors mate. lol that was so painful to watch haha good work though. I had a fun day and thanks to my gf there's a few vids. Will upload them later this evening.

Devils Rotor
Post #223

QUOTE (Manic 180 @ Jan 23 2010, 05:01 PM) *
epic day, so little respect for cars haha. the green rims are sporting two blown tyres now.

ohmy.gif @ the helicopter hitting the tree shocked.gif

yea thats was funny as shit... i tho he was going to go down lol... would of been good to see...

warney
Post #224

was an intersting day, no roof makes a man get sunburnt pretty quick especially coming from the coast to willowbank. Stuck between a cefiro and the v8 gemini for first skid then moved as room was a little small then ended up next to a single spinner falcon and the rx8 for a little more fun, nice interesting day out, good to see some old faces out there as will as the normall bogans !

And choppers and trees dont get on well !!!

637-PSI
Post #225

i missed the chopper hitting the tree. what happened? did anyone else get pics?

Manic 180
Post #226

QUOTE (637-PSI @ Jan 23 2010, 05:43 PM) *

just before the very first skid, the chopper was getting in to position and the tail smacked an old dead tree. it flew off then came back around and we started to skid.

-Jordan-
Post #227

QUOTE (637-PSI @ Jan 23 2010, 05:43 PM) *

It didn't "hit" the tree as such. I think it was just the rear blade that hit a few branches and made a bit of noise - he got out of there quickly after that!

QUOTE (IEATU @ Jan 23 2010, 04:30 PM) *

Nice work mamoru.gif

Will post a couple of videos later - pictures were mainly just smoke clouds, as to be expected.

brent_mysterio
Post #228

QUOTE (-Jordan- @ Jan 23 2010, 05:52 PM) *
It didn't "hit" the tree as such. I think it was just the rear blade that hit a few branches and made a bit of noise - he got out of there quickly after that!

I call that hitting a tree - I turned around but was flying out as soon as the video started.
Awesome day. Good to see the record break biggrin.gif
SO BURNT!

Nice work to the bogans who left and did skids in the carpark and on the way out - I felt so proud to be apart of an event full of wankers. Didn't you do enough skids on track? 99% were bogans in their beat up VP's. Grow up fuckwits.

berlinav8
Post #229

burnout.gif the little orange datto ute went off shit loads of smoke for such a little car that thing is nuts burnout.gif

jabes
Post #230

If its just shit on that guard (not scratches) WD40 and a rag will bring it up as good as new

brent_mysterio
Post #231

QUOTE (jabes @ Jan 23 2010, 06:05 PM) *
If its just shit on that guard (not scratches) WD40 and a rag will bring it up as good as new

Or bug and tar remover thumbsup.gif

Total Monkey Kaos
Post #232

There was mention over the PA about a "police presence" and defect's being handed out..

I dodnt see a single cop car? I hope everyone got home unscathed.

Dave

BoostWagon
Post #233

Yeha good point, big ups to the tools most of who didnt compete in the burnouts in the carparks, especially that green s14 your a fuckn wanker mate!

No one gives a fuck no one thought you were cool! Your the reason i wish cops were waiting out side sometimes

VS Style
Post #234

I have heaps of videos. Uploading now :-)

Watch this space

IEATU
Post #235

QUOTE (jabes @ Jan 23 2010, 06:05 PM) *

yeah alot of it is just rubber crap but there are a few deep scratches from the steel belt sad.gif The risk you run when you do skids i guess

Morgish
Post #236

QUOTE (Tweak @ Jan 23 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Poor Black r33 with the alpine sticker on the side i believe blew a gearbox to bits as there was a shit load of oil on the track and a very bad diff smell when it was towed into the pits.

manic; wasn't that the wanker that nearly hit you trying to drift before it even started?

LOL.

Here's video from Brent's phone of my skids.

IEATU
Post #237

LOL at my lines that are all over the place

toranaz
Post #238

I had a great time!! biggrin.gif

0ptions
Post #239

I fuckin laughed hard @ the VN ^^

BLACK32
Post #240

manic; wasn't that the wanker that nearly hit you trying to drift before it even started?

LOL.

Nearly hit who?
Sorry if ya think i was close

had a mission of morning got sold wrong rims from tyre guy they were binding on brakes,then one legend of a guy (send me a pm) lent me some that fit properly so had to change them twice in that bloddy sun (news said 36+) was last car out on track an didn't won't to hold everyone up so was trying to get into a clear spot of track before it started.

A big thankyou to all that helped me out today an will be seeing you soon.

Black32

an no i didn't blow diff or gearbox an the stuff on the road was water just to seet things straight.

It was the timing belt that broke shut car down straight away an it spewed heaps of water out.

Tweak
Post #241

Thought it caught on fire for a second the way you got out and started waving ya hands about and looking under the car.
Also funny ending is the bogans trying to get the rims off the white commodore that has basicly melted the studs on plus it dont help when ya drive on the rims the intire length of the track. But credit is due cos the commy did give a good smoke show and right to the end with both tyres going bang. lol Hitting the rim with the tire iron.......... your doing it wrong silly

berlinav8
Post #242

QUOTE (BLACK32 @ Jan 23 2010, 07:33 PM) *

LOL.

Nearly hit who?
Sorry if ya think i was close

had a mission of morning got sold wrong rims from tyre guy they were binding on brakes,then one legend of a guy (send me a pm) lent me some that fit properly so had to change them twice in that bloddy sun (news said 36+) was last car out on track an didn't won't to hold everyone up so was trying to get into a clear spot of track before it started.

A big thankyou to all that helped me out today an will be seeing you soon.

Black32

an no i didn't blow diff or gearbox an the stuff on the road was water just to seet things straight.

It was the timing belt that broke shut car down straight away an it spewed heaps of water out.

your first skid was mad mate, lots of figure 8's and heaps of donuts. we were siiting on the seats rite in front of you, well done bro, good to here the cars not hurt to bad thumbsup.gif burnout.gif

berlinav8
Post #243

QUOTE (Tweak @ Jan 23 2010, 07:38 PM) *
Thought it caught on fire for a second the way you got out and started waving ya hands about and looking under the car.

we thought the same lol bowrofl.gif

Tweak
Post #244

Also i tink they should inforce people to wear helmets.................... shit half the track didn't has a fucking shirt on first round

BLACK32
Post #245

yer i thought i had a fire, must of been steam,smoke not sure really was just being carefull didn't want a burnt out skyline. Did you guys see or hear anything stange just before i stopped?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 7 of 12
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
65 User(s) are reading this topic (65 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x