Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 29 of 64
Jump to page
bazr33
Post #981

standard internals.
standard computer

just wanted to turn the key and go.

if i am unhappy with it, later on might change somethings but i think it will be fun.
Have heard a couple of guys with hiluxs i know with the 2js makin 430rwhp on standard computer.
so i would be happy with that.
Bit of a difference from the standard 5mge. haha

1.5jz cressida
Post #982

QUOTE (pig060 @ Dec 3 2009, 06:42 AM) *
im taking my car this arvo to get the exhaust done and while its on the hoist im doing the custom surge tank and mounting two 044 under the car. then ive got to see when efi can fit it in for the computer and injectors so not sure if they can do it before chrissy or not.

call pete from pro torque he'l do your car he'l tune your car fucking well, he knows 2j's DO IT

1.5jz cressida
Post #983

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:47 AM) *
standard internals.
standard computer

just wanted to turn the key and go.

if i am unhappy with it, later on might change somethings but i think it will be fun.
Have heard a couple of guys with hiluxs i know with the 2js makin 430rwhp on standard computer.
so i would be happy with that.
Bit of a difference from the standard 5mge. haha

you shitting me 5m power all the way, so you got a completely stock motor with little bolt ons???

Rusty Night
Post #984

Hey guys sick of shit floating around at mine

so selling my front end and kit as a package deal. Great upgrade for any mx83 owner. Consists of

jzx81 mark II:

bonnet
front bar
quater pannels
headlight
clear corner lamps (d/s lense is broken, not bad took me over 6 months to notice it lol)
grille
big win side skirts
big win rear bar
I have half of an aftermarket front bar that I smashed, take it to a bodykit place and then should be able to knock up a mould from it.

Apart from listed everything is in good shape.

$500 I am neg but only just

post, pm, email ([email protected], feel free to add my to msn for sex chats), or text (0404 681 428)

love kyal

here is a pic of what it looks like

everything is basically swap over from mx83 :)

02JZE
Post #985

Id love to do the swap over but i have things to spend 500 dollars on before i look at body parts.

02JZE
Post #986

i changed my font end looks 200% better put the grande grill and changed my foggy lights to the clearer better ones

from this

To this.

Thinking ill put the grande bar on too but it needs paint. Does a front mount cooler still fit nicely behind the grande bar? loads of cutting?

wheelzie1989
Post #987

shouldnt be too much of a problem with your cooler setup man, its tucked in pretty nicely, if not just test fit it and then cut it

02JZE
Post #988

i was thinking of going a thicker cooler one day but yeah not needed as yet i just want the bolt ons i already have on and tuned before i start wasting money on things like that.

19 months before i get my licence back lol no great rush.

rotor_head_83
Post #989

Series 2 Grande bar is where it's at. My cooler was behind a JZX81 bar though, so I'll post up pics when I fit it to my MX83. Don't really wanna cut the old girl, grampa would be devo'd :)

bazr33
Post #990

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Dec 3 2009, 10:05 AM) *
you shitting me 5m power all the way, so you got a completely stock motor with little bolt ons???

It is a 2jz engine that i have, 5mge is in the bin. wasnt wasting my time.

just im using standard computer and standard internals
has t66 turbo
3" exhaust right through
walbro fuel pump

might do internals on another 2jz engine, but will see how this goes first.

ke70 champ
Post #991

yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hahah cressy love boyss :)
ive got a 1990 mx83 series1 umm fresh 7mge im only on my p's so dont ripp onme for not having a 1j or 2j LOL i have just had it lowerd and placed some 18 inch speedstar vienna wheels streched tyress and tinted windowss black sheep skins and thats me haha its just for a crusier at the moment so yeahh no motor upgrades but there definantly will be in the futuree :bowrofl::)
heress some pikky dikkys....

1.5jz cressida
Post #992

QUOTE (02JZE @ Dec 3 2009, 11:32 AM) *
i was thinking of going a thicker cooler one day but yeah not needed as yet i just want the bolt ons i already have on and tuned before i start wasting money on things like that.

19 months before i get my licence back lol no great rush.

lol should give you a nice build by the time you get it back :)

barret sounds good man looking forward to seeing it :bowrofl: do you still have the lexus wheels???

ke70: looks good kinda like mine, i started to build granny spec but kinda drifted away from that when i wanted big numbers :)

pig060
Post #993

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Dec 3 2009, 09:02 AM) *
call pete from pro torque he'l do your car he'l tune your car fucking well, he knows 2j's DO IT

yeah im sure he is good mate but ive got my tuner that im happy with already and they know my car cheers.

1.5jz cressida
Post #994

QUOTE (pig060 @ Dec 3 2009, 09:15 PM) *
yeah im sure he is good mate but ive got my tuner that im happy with already and they know my car cheers.

battle of the tuners :)

bazr33
Post #995

ok guys

the cressida is alive.
all that is needed now is the kick down swtich install, and my fan for when i turn the air con wont turn off. (runs constantly)
the oxygen sensor - im unsure which wires are what on them ( 2 white and 1 black wire - prettty sure the white are heater and black is power)

Also does anyone know how to wire or if theres a switch of some sort, so the fuel pump doesn't constantly run (incase of stalling or if im involved in an accident??

Apart from those minor issues its runs and sounds great.

And one other minor thing that i didnt have enough oil for the auto and couldnt see if the gears worked.

//JuDgeY
Post #996

QUOTE (ke70 champ @ Dec 3 2009, 03:39 PM) *
yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hahah cressy love boyss :)
ive got a 1990 mx83 series1 umm fresh 7mge im only on my p's so dont ripp onme for not having a 1j or 2j LOL i have just had it lowerd and placed some 18 inch speedstar vienna wheels streched tyress and tinted windowss black sheep skins and thats me haha its just for a crusier at the moment so yeahh no motor upgrades but there definantly will be in the futuree :bowrofl::)
heress some pikky dikkys....

Drove past you today in my silvia.... looks hot dude :)

pig060
Post #997

QUOTE (bazr33 @ Dec 5 2009, 06:24 PM) *
ok guys

the cressida is alive.
all that is needed now is the kick down swtich install, and my fan for when i turn the air con wont turn off. (runs constantly)
the oxygen sensor - im unsure which wires are what on them ( 2 white and 1 black wire - prettty sure the white are heater and black is power)

Also does anyone know how to wire or if theres a switch of some sort, so the fuel pump doesn't constantly run (incase of stalling or if im involved in an accident??

Apart from those minor issues its runs and sounds great.

And one other minor thing that i didnt have enough oil for the auto and couldnt see if the gears worked.

depends how your fuel pump is wired (stright 12v from igntion???) but in a supra they have a seprate fuel pump controler (kinds like a seprate ecu for fuel pressure) that sits inside the back 1/4 panel of a supra. im not 100% sure how it works but it controls the fuel pressure at idle then different setting for boost etc i think it drops to like 6volts or something to not foul plugs etc when on idle. either way good idea to have if your running the factory ecu. ive got one if you need one??? had it in my commodore but dont need it now since im going after market ecu. very hard to get and i only got one as i new someone that got a rear cut ordered in from a smashed car. (but how many places would really inport a rear car????) not many.

snails-pace
Post #998

hey guys, the mrs has an mx83 grande completely stock, bought with full service history from toyota/lexus and only 114k on clock, perfect daily!! I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with water getting into the plug valleys when it rains heavy(then runs like a bucket oh shey), its cleary coming in through the spark lead holes, any suggestions on a good way of sealing them better?? getting sick of drying it out after every massive rainfall. 7m still obviously. thanks

bumbudal
I raced a nice MX83 Cressy on friday night around springwood area on the M1. Seemed to go pretty hard. Sounded like a 1JZ.

That is all

nferno
Post #1000

QUOTE (snails-pace @ Dec 6 2009, 10:37 AM) *
hey guys, the mrs has an mx83 grande completely stock, bought with full service history from toyota/lexus and only 114k on clock, perfect daily!! I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with water getting into the plug valleys when it rains heavy(then runs like a bucket oh shey), its cleary coming in through the spark lead holes, any suggestions on a good way of sealing them better?? getting sick of drying it out after every massive rainfall. 7m still obviously. thanks

Shut the bonnet? :)

pig060
Post #1001

QUOTE (bumbudal @ Dec 6 2009, 10:01 AM) *
I raced a nice MX83 Cressy on friday night around springwood area on the M1. Seemed to go pretty hard. Sounded like a 1JZ.

That is all

was it a silver one? there is a silver x8 getting around logan area with a manual 2j in it.

bumbudal
Post #1002

yeah well it was manual and silver. Mad, 2JZ. I was keeping up with it :thumbsup:

pig060
Post #1003

lol yeah but just because it has a 2j doesn't mean its fast haha but from the mods that guy has it probable is lol. might not even been the car im thinking of.

bumbudal
Post #1004

well it had a screamer on it so most probably a single setup, gauges up the pillar. Not a whole lot is done to mine to.

mark1414
Post #1005

Its made 400rwhp.

02JZE
Post #1006

And "keeping up with it" could mean you were on the same street the whole time ? lol .

bumbudal
Post #1007

QUOTE (02JZE @ Dec 7 2009, 08:20 AM) *
And "keeping up with it" could mean you were on the same street the whole time ? lol .

Or more along the lines of, just creeping ahead of me.

toyojunkie
Post #1008

all talkin bout the 1j or 2j's how bout goin for a 6mge in a mx73??? or the 6m;s r just crap???

pig060
Post #1009

they might be a good engine back in the day but its just no way near as good as a jz so thats why no one plays with them.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1010

car is locked and loaded just waiting on a cool day now :thumbsup:

05LQW
Post #1011

or you could just buy mine, :thumbsup:

02JZE
Post #1012

your car is too pretty.

1.5jz cressida
Post #1013

you get it it road worthy with 6 months rego il be keen :thumbsup: <3 you steve lol

05LQW
Post #1014

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Dec 10 2009, 03:51 PM) *
you get it it road worthy with 6 months rego il be keen :thumbsup: <3 you steve lol

ok you show me the cash and ill get it rego'd

1.5jz cressida
Post #1015

lol i wish i could congrat on the 9 man, all the doubters eating there words, you deserve it alot of hard work gone into good luck selling it :thumbsup:

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 29 of 64
Jump to page
51 User(s) are reading this topic (51 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x