Fastest P Plate Legal Car - always wondered  

Page 4 of 10
Jump to page
GTRwilson
Post #106

QUOTE (TTS @ Jul 27 2009, 07:03 AM) *
$600 is pocket money, not a small budget.

Whats your point? some people have more money than others.

EK1.6LCIV
Post #107

lol $600 bought my shit crap box AE86 before the flat brims decided they were cool, lol

shit $600 can buy alot of XFs lol

shreksoarer
Post #108

QUOTE (104HOZ @ Jul 25 2009, 03:03 PM) *
rx8? my mates on his ps and drives his dads everyday. apparently they are p plate legal.. correct me if im wrong as thats just wat he tells me

yep its wrong. too many cc's. i think p platers can only drive 12a's or something like that.

i think the hondas are doin well for quick p plate cars

02GZM
Post #109

QUOTE (shreksoarer @ Jul 27 2009, 08:25 AM) *
i think the hondas are doin well for quick p plate cars

Except they don't help the stereotyping when they all cruise around with stock D-series engines and fart cannons thinking they're fast.

EK1.6LCIV
Post #110

QUOTE (02GZM @ Jul 27 2009, 08:49 AM) *
Except they don't help the stereotyping when they all cruise around with stock D-series engines and fart cannons thinking they're fast.

oh no you didnt! mamoru.gif

got to respect all styles and budgets

I think in terms of p-plater cars, the word fast should not be anywhere associated with 'p-plater', if I was on my p's Id rather a 'fun' car than a fast one

when bored, get your mates together, buy an xf and see how long it lasts lol

clutch-monkey
Post #111

QUOTE (EK1.6LCIV @ Jul 27 2009, 09:11 AM) *
I think in terms of p-plater cars, the word fast should not be anywhere associated with 'p-plater',

i dunno, i've seen some MX-5s and caterhams sporting P plates that would smash just about anything around QR wink.gif

EK1.6LCIV
Post #112

theyre not a practical p-plate cars in all honesty, am I right? smile.gif
caterham lotus reps are a chassis with wheels and an engine and nothing else, like driving a t-bucket around daily, the novelty would soon wear off and you'd invest in a second car lol

clutch-monkey
Post #113

QUOTE (EK1.6LCIV @ Jul 27 2009, 09:29 AM) *
theyre not a practical p-plate car in all honesty, am I right? smile.gif
caterham lotus reps are a chassis, like driving a t-bucket around daily, the novelty would soon wear off and you'd invest in a second car lol

who cares about practical tongue.gif as you say, get a second car

EK1.6LCIV
Post #114

lol what p-plate can afford a second car, normally speaking, this isnt america cars here cost money (alot more than they should lol)

clutch-monkey
Post #115

QUOTE (EK1.6LCIV @ Jul 27 2009, 09:31 AM) *
lol what p-plate can afford a second car, normally speaking, this isnt america cars here cost money (alot more than they should lol)

i figure they'd have the money if they went to work rather than spend all their time making threads about "what is the fastest P plate car", "how i get exemption", " P plate rules suck, how i drift" oopsie.gif

i dunno, $12-22k for a westfield replica + $500 shitter?

EK1.6LCIV
Post #116

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Jul 27 2009, 09:34 AM) *
i figure they'd have the money if they went to work rather than spend all their time making threads about "what is the fastest P plate car", "how i get exemption", " P plate rules suck, how i drift" oopsie.gif

i dunno, $12-22k for a westfield replica + $500 shitter?

insurance for a westfield for a p-plater (generally a person 17-21) would out weigh the advantages

thats what they need to consider, bloody insurance, lol

clutch-monkey
Post #117

P plater would probably only go third party, fire and theft?
i dunno been too used to good insurance premiums haha ($300 full comp for one car)

EK1.6LCIV
Post #118

on a westfield I meant, think they would shit bricks at the premium lol
shit I never had full comp on any of my older cars, but realistically anything over $5k should have full comp, unless they really like Brisbanes public transport network if shit hits the fan ie. runs westfeild into gaurdrail on a nice stretch of mountain scenery

02GZM
Post #119

QUOTE (EK1.6LCIV @ Jul 27 2009, 09:11 AM) *
oh no you didnt! mamoru.gif

got to respect all styles and budgets

I think in terms of p-plater cars, the word fast should not be anywhere associated with 'p-plater', if I was on my p's Id rather a 'fun' car than a fast one

when bored, get your mates together, buy an xf and see how long it lasts lol

Lol sorry Ryan wasn't having a dig at D-series owners. Your car isn't stock anyway tongue.gif
It just annoys me when kids in a dead stock civic slap on a supercheap milo tin and monster tacho and drive around like they're trying to beat their personal best at the track

EK1.6LCIV
Post #120

Id kill to have time to hit willowbank/qr in my car, more power to em smile.gif

clutch-monkey
Post #121

QUOTE (EK1.6LCIV @ Jul 27 2009, 09:50 AM) *
on a westfield I meant, think they would shit bricks at the premium lol
shit I never had full comp on any of my older cars, but realistically anything over $5k should have full comp, unless they really like Brisbanes public transport network if shit hits the fan ie. runs westfeild into gaurdrail on a nice stretch of mountain scenery

true, i can just see a P plater reading this thread, buying one, then trying to drift it because it was mentioned as being fast bowrofl.gif

EK1.6LCIV
Post #122

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Jul 27 2009, 09:56 AM) *
true, i can just see a P plater reading this thread, buying one, then trying to drift it because it was mentioned as being fast bowrofl.gif

they'll love driving in the rain, knowing this makes me smile already lol
drifting lol, when will people learn

Torrie_Man
Post #123

holden camira

UR_DADY
Post #124

quickest p plate car on an unlimited budget I reckon a non supercharged lotus exige would be the way to go... there are plenty of affordable hot hatches that are p plate legal tho, sss pulsars go ok, protons Gti's, the last shape celicas are surprisingly quick, honda integra type r, s2000's if u can afford one... there's plenty around...

autech_sfifteen
Post #125

N/A Supra's would be awesome if they didn't weigh a tonne. They are good looking though, always loved the look of the supras.

[BOOF-88]
Post #126

QUOTE (UR_DADY @ Jul 27 2009, 10:29 AM) *
quickest p plate car on an unlimited budget I reckon a non supercharged lotus exige would be the way to go... there are plenty of affordable hot hatches that are p plate legal tho, sss pulsars go ok, protons Gti's, the last shape celicas are surprisingly quick, honda integra type r, s2000's if u can afford one... there's plenty around...

Lotus FTW!
Like strapping a bottle rocket to a mouse smile.gif

michael_90
Post #127

im not sure what the xr6's n that are running but theres a guy ran a 14.3 1/4 mile in his n/a supra with just bolt on's,no management and was his first time at the track .. id say thats prety quick for an n/a p plate car... being resonable i guess your best bet would be an autech s15, supra or a tye r ... although i do like the xr6 utes:D

BlindSite
Post #128

Throw FTO hat into the mix as well 150kw of power in a car that weighs in at a little over one tonne. It might not take every type R integra on the market but it'll come damn close to doing so and cost you about 6 grand less.

Mazda 323 Sp20's are much more than a mum's runabout too.

Depends on budget since you won't get an s2000 for under 22k

EK1.6LCIV
Post #129

QUOTE (BlindSite @ Jul 27 2009, 03:52 PM) *
Throw FTO hat into the mix as well 150kw of power in a car that weighs in at a little over one tonne. It might not take every type R integra on the market but it'll come damn close to doing so and cost you about 6 grand less.

Mazda 323 Sp20's are much more than a mum's runabout too.

Depends on budget since you won't get an s2000 for under 22k

then throw into the mix the rariety in 2nd hand parts for them and aftermarket support of any kind

the older sp20's do have alot to offer, Nardi steering wheel, comfy seats, pioneer multi disc in dash cd player, 16s, good suspension, nice engine for the highway and city and nice colours (I had alot of driving in one ages ago, alot of car for the money they go for smile.gif)

you find an s2k for 22k, theres prob a reason...

Branislav
Post #130

Golf R32

[Type_S]
Post #131

*Golf R32 (2003 models go for around 30k)
*Autech silvia
*VE SV6
*Integra DC5S and R
*as above, last shaped celica are ok.
*Corolla Sportivo
*S2K

mx6 guy
Post #132

GOLF R32
i'll be looking into buying a new one in the next few coming months facesjump.gif

reasons.
:practical
:comfortable
:184kw
:AWD
:EURO STYLINGS
:exhaust note
:luxury interior
:not a honda
:rare

down side
:COST

= FUN FUN FUN

bookie84
Post #133

i wouldnt buy a NA variant. Personally id try n be cool til im off my ps

BlindSite
Post #134

QUOTE (EK1.6LCIV @ Jul 27 2009, 04:00 PM) *
then throw into the mix the rariety in 2nd hand parts for them and aftermarket support of any kind

the older sp20's do have alot to offer, Nardi steering wheel, comfy seats, pioneer multi disc in dash cd player, 16s, good suspension, nice engine for the highway and city and nice colours (I had alot of driving in one ages ago, alot of car for the money they go for smile.gif)

you find an s2k for 22k, theres prob a reason...

Parts aren't that hard some stuff can be substituted from other Mitsubishi models, or imported online for not real expensive. Yeah they're not always easy to find an repair, but at the end of the day it's a lot of bang for not much buck.

I'd personally recommend an SP20 323, newer the better, like you mentioned a lot of car for the money they cost and if you think there's not much you can do to them check out any yank cite and shit yourself at how awesome these cars can be.

IGotVtec
Post #135

Chrysler crossfire

GTRwilson
Post #136

FTO's have to be one of the ugliest girl cars ive seen. Theres a whole 'crew' of them the frequent ipswich on a fri/sat night. mamoru.gif

C1V1C
Post #137

How is an FTO a girls car? Not saying there fast or are nice cars but i have a mate who has one. And it would probs beat your commodore... Which means you get beaten by a girl's car.

Dc5 Integra ftw. My mates Dc5 beat another mates S2000.

GTRwilson
Post #138

hahahaha i even made it into your sig, all off one comment too.

Q_Q

tom_willie
Post #139

QUOTE (7R3N7 @ Jul 26 2009, 06:34 PM) *
bahahahaha xr6 aint shit my 88 vn 5 speed chomps the absolute crap out of them and all its got is cold air induction, 2.5 inch exhaust and extractors on it. SV6 go pretty hard my mates got one and it just beats my vn

You have got to be kidding right? I like commies mate, although I am a ford man, but there is no way in hell you car could beat a new xr6, or anything from ef onwards actually. Are you sure they were dragging you? Not everyone who pulls up at the lights drags off you no. My ef has only got an xr diff, extractors, cold air and exhaust and I beat a vt ss commy two lights in a row. It goes both ways.

EK1.6LCIV
Post #140

have you seen the yen, would love to see someone import an fto then have to pay for it here, would be better off buying a locally made car if be the case, lol

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 10
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
22 User(s) are reading this topic (22 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x