Nt Drift  

Page 30 of 58
Jump to page
BALSAK
Post #1016

QUOTE(Zmit @ Apr 20 2009, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1283931855[/snapback]

fixed....

Tim and Trevor's photos.... cause you're both damn good!

I'm jealous :(

Zmit
Post #1017

oh oh oh...

case in point...

Trevor has a Canon 400d
i have an E-3, and the old E-500

the E-3 is worth a fair bit more than the 400d... BUT
look at Trevors pictures....

you getting the D90 will NOT make your photos better....
as i have said many many times....
and i'm sure Trevor will agree with me

(just another chance to mention it again.... just in case you missed it)

BALSAK
Post #1018

Nah I got it, but the thing with the Pentax I have, is that it's a 6 or 8 megapixel. The D90, I think is about 10? - that's about the only thing that worries me.

Again, with the photo's some of the guys want printed. Just been told I can't print it at my dads work because he's not in the Darwin office anymore - now located in Winnellie.

So I'll get on the phone with some printing place and find out what a BIG print and laminate is gonna cost and I'll let you know. But from what I can imagine, it shouldn't be more than $100, but pretty close to it.

Pure-SX
Post #1019

Dude megapixel is not the be all and end all matey

Rattler
Post #1020

Good night, great show....some great drifting by all you guys! BJ gets the most improved! You need a lil more power under that bonnet of yours and look out! Well done champ :(

Ouch!!

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x10/mes...rrent=Crash.flv

EDIT: Thanks Tim :P

Zmit
Post #1021

doesnt work Scotty :(

edit: oh.... it was still processing :P

XDrft
Post #1022

Congrats to Drivers, TEDA, Namsc, what a night, sets a precedent for more future events like this, congratulations also to every one who made the effort to come out and watch, you have just bought yourself a new night time event in the territory, in motorsport its the spectator who is the most important :(

HYPOV6
Post #1023

WHAT A NIGHT!!!! :( :P :drool:

Iam so amazed at teh crowd we all got - hopefully next time is BIGGER and BETTER!

Great job everyone any many thanks to all responses.

Does anyone have any footage of the final battle between me and Jarred? or pics?

Jay.

ancullen
Post #1024

I've got a photographic memory, so I can describe it for you if you want:

You were both, like, sideways. It was, like, sick. First you'd go, like, sideways, like, one way. Then you'd, like, go sideways, like, the other way. It was fully hektik with, like, smoke and stuff.

UNKNOWN
Post #1025

check this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMEqsnIjBsA

some guy put this up

Enrage
Post #1026

awsome job boys n a great turnout also! cant wait til my drifters ready :(

vh-holden
Post #1027

so who won?

Zmit
Post #1028

Jay i think.....
well, he was the one doing the skids :(

Daniel180
Post #1029

sr20 power!
1. Jay
2. Darren
3. Jarred

(pretty sure)

Trevor79
Post #1030

QUOTE(Zmit @ Apr 20 2009, 12:25 PM) [snapback]1283931855[/snapback]

fixed....

I wouldn't 'fix' that, I think your photos are just as good, if not better then mine. I liked the ones from the inside of the corner, would have loved to get on to that side of the track myself.

QUOTE(Zmit @ Apr 20 2009, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1283932042[/snapback]

you getting the D90 will NOT make your photos better....
as i have said many many times....
and i'm sure Trevor will agree with me

Not knowing what camera Balsak has I can't really agree with you. Shooting action shots, there is a big difference between Point and Shoots and DSLR, due mainly to the lag time of the P+S's. But going from one entry-mid level DSLR to another, yeah I would agree with you.

Balsak, if you already have a DSLR and aren't happy with your photos, I suggest you A) learn the various functions better (do a course - they are great), and :( look at getting some faster glass. That will improve your photos more then getting a new camera.

QUOTE(BALSAK @ Apr 20 2009, 01:13 PM) [snapback]1283932066[/snapback]

The thing with the Pentax I have, is that it's a 6 or 8 megapixel. The D90, I think is about 10? - that's about the only thing that worries me.

To notice the difference between a 6-8 Mp and a 10Mp camera you really need to be print at larger then probably A3 I reckon.

When it comes to taking photos of this sort of (night) action the megapixels doesn't matter. What it really comes down to is how fast your glass is.

Last week I was using my 70-300 lens (F4-5.6), but it was too slow for the night drift. I ended up putting it back in the car and put on my 50mm (fixed zoom) simply because it's F1.8. Most of the time I took photos at F2.2-2.5 Bit of a compromise, definitely not what a 50mm is 'designed' for, but without a fast tele lens it was about all I could do.

The only benefit of getting a new camera (for an event like this) would be to go for something like the Canon 5D or 1D (or Nikon* $$$/level equivalent) which will allow you to shoot at ISO1600 with little noise. With my camera I don't like to go more then ISO400.

* Being a Canon user, I don't know the Nikon range very well.

Zmit
Post #1031

He has a Pentax DSLR.... not sure what model.
as for the inside, i would have liked to stay in there for the rest of it, but there was absolutely no lighting there.... all of it would have been facing me once it got dark.
there were no special privileges being there... it was just a matter of knowing my way around. using the tunnel next to the drag tower.

my E-500 is a 8mp and the E-3 is a 10mp.
it is a very marginal difference.

Trevor, i definitely agree with you on the 5d and 1d comments. i was amazed at how much better the E-3 could handle the noise at high ISO.....
but then i put it into action at the night drift...
it didn't work as well as i thought.
there's another guy on the forums here, Steve, he has a 1d and got some amazingly clear shots at the drags one night. no flash.

was that your flash that was going off occasionally as well?
have you got an external flash?

Daniel180
Post #1032

time to leave the thread photogs?

incubus
Post #1033

i have a couple of ideas for the next night meet. Will be talking with shane during the week.

Zmit
Post #1034

QUOTE(Daniel180 @ Apr 20 2009, 10:12 PM) [snapback]1283935623[/snapback]

everyone dribbles about shit in every other thread and we start talking about something that has a BIT of relevance to the topic (but still a tangent) you think you can come in here and tell us to move on....

we were still talking about the drift night!!!
just a different aspect of it.
:(
kthxbai

Daniel180
Post #1035

lol tim, just playing...i know its related, albeit vaguely

Trevor79
Post #1036

QUOTE(Zmit @ Apr 20 2009, 09:56 PM) [snapback]1283935543[/snapback]

He has a Pentax DSLR.... not sure what model.
as for the inside, i would have liked to stay in there for the rest of it, but there was absolutely no lighting there.... all of it would have been facing me once it got dark.
there were no special privileges being there... it was just a matter of knowing my way around. using the tunnel next to the drag tower.

was that your flash that was going off occasionally as well?
have you got an external flash?

Yeah I know the tunnel, but only rocked up at night, and knew the lighting wouldn't have worked.

No I don't have an external flash, but I was using my on-camera flash, not the best set up, and after seeing some guys photograph WRCars with one it is something I want to look into (the 580EX).

My set up was the 50 mm lens, I tried to stick at F2.2-2.5, with the flash set at +1-2EV. I did also change the aperture to F1.8, and I think most of the shots I uploaded (my better ones) were actually at F1.8

Balsak, I've used the Pentax *ist DS before, and if you upgrade, it won't help you get better pics. The only reason I went from the Pentax to the Canon is cause of a relationship breakup (the camera was hers). My photography didn't improve. It only improved after I did an intro photography course at Tafe.

BALSAK
Post #1037

QUOTE(Daniel180 @ Apr 20 2009, 11:12 PM) [snapback]1283935623[/snapback]

I'll comment on Tim and Trevor's posts in the Photo thread..... meet you guys there?

QUOTE(incubus @ Apr 20 2009, 11:27 PM) [snapback]1283935686[/snapback]

i have a couple of ideas for the next night meet. Will be talking with shane during the week.

Same here..... me and dad were really pissed of about the food..... a slice of bread with a sausage in it? What food is that. I know there were steak sandwiches or something, but still, not having proper hotdogs at an event with so many people?

Next time I might just take the BBQ with and make real food :(

Chris if you see Shane to talk about it, could you just mention it?

Thumpin' 8
Post #1038

It was mentioned during the NAMSC presentation at the end of racing on Sunday how well the event went and thanks was given for your efforts and support on Sunday. In regards to the food, they also mentioned that a food vendor that was organised did not turn up, leaving the weight on whatever was left.

RBNT
Post #1039

You should get in contact with Aaron (Sp33d) Bazz. Good operator, reliable. Even goes to places he's not meant to to get a sale. Im sure he would be happy to serve it up at another night meet.

GTS192
Post #1040

I might just have to come down and watch this "drifting" thing and get my cupcakes and cordial of course.

If i pour oil on the triton tyres i could join in i suppose.

UNKNOWN
Post #1041

sr20 power!
1. Jay
2. Darren
3. Jarred

It was

1. Jay
2. Jarred
3. Darren (me)
4. BJ

my own brother knocked me out of the finals....

Pure-SX
Post #1042

heard some of the drift guys on hot100 last night

and quinton, stfu about the food, what do u expect, its the same sorta shit at the drags

UNKNOWN
Post #1043

The food will be better next time, but considering namsc usually caters for around 150 people, i think they did alright with over 700 people.

It was the first one, the next one will be so freakin spectacular, that .... no one will complain...

Daniel180
Post #1044

so the crowd was 700ish? not the 1500 like previously mentioned?
heard there will be another night drift after PC?

beohbe
Post #1045

If they are only worried about food it is all good.......I wasn't sure what to expect when I came down, but drove away very impressed.

ancullen
Post #1046

I just need to set up a t-shirt stall before the next one. Mmm... profiteering.

incubus
Post #1047

QUOTE(ancullen @ Apr 21 2009, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1283937348[/snapback]

I just need to set up a t-shirt stall before the next one. Mmm... profiteering.

one of things i was going to talk to shane about

Daniel180
Post #1048

sr20power!

lol

Zmit
Post #1049

QUOTE(Daniel180 @ Apr 21 2009, 11:45 AM) [snapback]1283937339[/snapback]

so the crowd was 700ish? not the 1500 like previously mentioned?
heard there will be another night drift after PC?

~1500....

UNKNOWN
Post #1050

1500 through the gate was spread around at about 8pm on the night, even on hot100 they said 1500, but the actual number was closer to 700, we will find out a more accurate figure at the next namsc meeting.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 30 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
23 User(s) are reading this topic (23 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x