Nt Drift  

Page 23 of 58
Jump to page
ancullen
Post #771

QUOTE(future_dictator @ Mar 15 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1283742000[/snapback]

black

A black Scot? And how'd you manage to get sunburnt then?

future_dictator
Post #772

orange with white front bar? saw him do the hero fly by on stuart highway on the way back from maccas....

grrrrrrrrr they fucked up my order...... wanted dbl qtr pounder with bacon, but got no bacon..... gonna have to exact revenge on behalf of hungry jacks and blow up maccas lol

QUOTE(ancullen @ Mar 15 2009, 08:08 PM) [snapback]1283742033[/snapback]

A black Scot? And how'd you manage to get sunburnt then?

lol nah car is black. im a typical white easily burned scot. wish i had more mediterranean in me........

Pure-SX
Post #773

feck off bj kent

i took those photos lol

Zmit
Post #774

yeah man. its handy :lol:

for those that cant be stuffed going to the gallery...
https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=399149

Pure-SX
Post #775

attempt 2 lol

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
lulz
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

mitch_r32
Post #776

I see Gavin up nice and close to Shane....

Sorry I couldn't make it today guys, woke up late and then slept again. Was raining like crazy at my house figured it may have been canned :lol:

Daniel180
Post #777

was the front bar on unknown a new one? thought he had a stocker last time..
that pic of Jay looking at the camera mid drift is awesome

Zmit
Post #778

agreed.....
focussed much Jay? :bowrofl:

nice pics there stephen/Azzy (you dont deserve a capital steve :D)

needs a bit more contrast and colour though..... :lol:

nice shot of billy too.... lulz

unreal
Post #779

QUOTE(Pure-SX @ Mar 15 2009, 08:06 PM) [snapback]1283742017[/snapback]

kewl, cuz whoever owns the orange one is a fwit

pics are currently being resized lol wont be long

and ol mate in the BOSS180 blue car giving it shit in the carpark..

good drifting guys cant wait to see the night meet

Daniel180
Post #780

QUOTE(unreal @ Mar 15 2009, 08:46 PM) [snapback]1283742460[/snapback]

and ol mate in the BOSS180 blue car giving it shit in the carpark..

good drifting guys cant wait to see the night meet

he should take it on the track...show everyone all the '2.90kw' it has

zacowacko
Post #781

QUOTE(Zmit @ Mar 15 2009, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1283742393[/snapback]

agreed.....
focussed much Jay? :bowrofl:

nice pics there stephen/Azzy (you dont deserve a capital steve :D)

needs a bit more contrast and colour though..... :lol:

nice shot of billy too.... lulz

Know they guy who owns the porsche gt3 at all? i believe thats the one from a few houses down!

Zmit
Post #782

nope....

i cant remember if the blue one is a GT2 or another GT3 as well...

zacowacko
Post #783

Well the red/white one looks the same as the guy down the road..

Daniel180
Post #784

blue one is a gt3..
i love how the guy with the white one bought just the car a seat and himself...

Rattler
Post #785

Caught the first two drift sessions yesterday! The standouts for imporovement for me were Darren (he has that hair pin nailed) and BJ (great to see you using the handbrake mate)! Geoff seemed a little off as he was having to straighten up a number of times! Jarod was doing a good job but looks like both he and Shane and a couple of others were a little under powered :bowrofl:

All in all it was great to watch and in another couple of years you guys may have to look at drifting another part of the circuit as you'll have all the current ones nailed! :lol:

Just on another note: BOSS180...... take it out on the track mate, not the f*#kin carpark! It's wankers like you who give us "enthusiasts" a bad name plus flicking stones up at parked cars isn't good! Next time I see you you'll be gettin' told ya f*#kwit! :D

Scotty

Pure-SX
Post #786

boss180 is a toolbag everywhere lol hes a fwit

but yeah was a great day, everyone did great pity about the bingles but alas it happens to everyone

Zmit
Post #787

they may be able to continue drifting all the way down to turn 14...... but definitely wont be able to do turn 1-3 because there are no spectators allowed there.

HYPOV6
Post #788

GREAT PICS GUYS/GIRLS!! :lol: Good stuf!

mitch_r32
Post #789

QUOTE(Rattler @ Mar 16 2009, 08:33 AM) [snapback]1283743894[/snapback]

All in all it was great to watch and in another couple of years you guys may have to look at drifting another part of the circuit as you'll have all the current ones nailed! :lol:
Scotty

*cough* A few people including myself have linked the entire track *cough* and that took 2 days, not a few years :bowrofl:

Zmit
Post #790

dont blow your own horn.

itll take a few years before they MAY allow you to link the whole track.

Daniel180
Post #791

id love to see some linkage up the straight :bowdown:

JET_RB25
Post #792

QUOTE(Zmit @ Mar 16 2009, 10:33 AM) [snapback]1283744400[/snapback]

they may be able to continue drifting all the way down to turn 14...... but definitely wont be able to do turn 1-3 because there are no spectators allowed there.

That is not the reason were not allowed to drift there dude. Its cos there is no line of sight from the tower and the flag points are so far between so if someone spins then the yellow flag cant come out fast enough etc. But were working on it. Hope everyone gets down to the night drift should be great fun.

Cheers for the kind words Scotty. It is a pitty i could not hold some of the big entries but after talkin to couple peeps and trying something different i see where i was going wrong and i will be out bigger and better entries next time.

Daniel180
Post #793

whens the night drift?

UNKNOWN
Post #794

its on the 18th of april, should be heaps of info out when we get closer.

Zmit
Post #795

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Mar 16 2009, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1283747723[/snapback]

That is not the reason were not allowed to drift there dude. Its cos there is no line of sight from the tower and the flag points are so far between so if someone spins then the yellow flag cant come out fast enough etc. But were working on it. Hope everyone gets down to the night drift should be great fun.
Cheers for the kind words Scotty. It is a pitty i could not hold some of the big entries but after talkin to couple peeps and trying something different i see where i was going wrong and i will be out bigger and better entries next time.

i dont buy it. there are 2 flagpoints down there and i could see turn 1 from the top level of the tower.
there are also 2 others that arent being used that COULD be used if needs be (i was taking pics at one of them yesterday)

mitch_r32
Post #796

Without trying to be over argumentative there is no point fishtailing pit straight....

vh-holden
Post #797

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Mar 16 2009, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1283748409[/snapback]

Without trying to be over argumentative there is no point fishtailing pit straight....

much better off doing 360s like tony harrison did at powercruise.

Daniel180
Post #798

yeah but but it would look sweet as, prollly way to long though

XDrft
Post #799

Congrats to Jarrod, Andrew and Shane. Interesting to see how the new judjing format went, and looks to be a winner. Its unbeleivable the amount of improvement we have seen so recently, was great to see lars have a crack at the practice meet, putting on a show, and good to see BJ as a regular love that sticker. The car speed that Jay had made him awesome to watch.
Another thing that i noticed here was the quality of the photos, new angles showing the rise a fall of the track was a neat trick too.

Bring on the night meet!

JET_RB25
Post #800

QUOTE(UNKNOWN @ Mar 16 2009, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1283748181[/snapback]

its on the 18th of april, should be heaps of info out when we get closer.

Should already be out if they wanna get the spectators like Shane wants.

QUOTE(XDrft @ Mar 16 2009, 09:49 PM) [snapback]1283748990[/snapback]

Congrats to Jarrod, Andrew and Shane. Interesting to see how the new judjing format went, and looks to be a winner. Its unbeleivable the amount of improvement we have seen so recently, was great to see lars have a crack at the practice meet, putting on a show, and good to see BJ as a regular love that sticker. The car speed that Jay had made him awesome to watch.
Another thing that i noticed here was the quality of the photos, new angles showing the rise a fall of the track was a neat trick too.

Bring on the night meet!

Yeah i know. Its a wickid sticker and like this fully hectic guy with this wicked workshop gave it to me and put it on. Looks a treat LOL

Cant wait to be out there battling you dude.

Territory Laser Cutting
Post #801

Should be out there, yes, but still waiting on CAMS approval for regulations we have submitted regarding the format.

But anyways, TEDA drift under the stars on 18th of April 2009. Full battle elimination round.

Practice from about 5pm, Qualifying from about 6pm, Eliminations start at about 8pm.

One off licence available, but please wait until everything has been approved, and I will have plenty of information available to answer all you Qs by the end of the week.

It would be great to see anyone capable of entering, and every one else spectating. If it works out all nice and good, we will have another one before the end of the year, but massive like!!!

Territory Laser Cutting
Post #802

Heres some pics from the weekend, I also have heaps of wicked footage of the battles, and I will get it up on you tube in the next week.

I had a blast, and was a bit nervous about the battles, but its not so bad afterall. I will have to admit, BJ handed me the 3rd place, but I am sure next time it will be a bit tougher to keep up with those nissans.

loved this pic too, just had to add in a comment.

Territory Laser Cutting
Post #803

have the approved regulations in my hand now.

TEDA WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THERE WILL BE A NIGHT DRIFT COMPETITION ON THE 18TH APRIL 2009.

I have a lot of info here for you who are interested to go through. But please feel free to call me on 0405 196 864 if you have any quiries. The committe do not always check boostcruising, so please ring me, Jeff 0411 064 734, Billy 0438 890 852, Darren 0423 513 990 or Jarred 0422 174 465.

MAP.

Entry Form.
Entry Forms will be sent from our mailing list, if you want a copy, PM me your email, phone me, or write to [email protected]

Entries:
All entries to be paid to North Australian Motor Sports Club (NAMSC). Forms must be completed in full and entry paid by 3rd April 2009. No entries will be accepted after 5pm, 3rd April 2009. Refer to Supplementary Regulations for entry and payment details.

Entry Fee - $132.00 (incl GST)

Competition Area:
For the purpose of this event, Turns 10, 11, 12 and 13 only form the competition area and are the only areas approved for drifting activities. NO DRIFTING is allowed on the rest of the track. An 80km/h maximum speed limit will apply in all non competition areas of the track. Pit area and grid area speed limit is 5km/h. Non compliance may result in disqualification from the event. Refer to attached map for details.

Pit Area:
This event will use the area known as the Drags Pits as the Pit area. Access to this area will be via the race circuit pit entry and access will be restricted to competition and service vehicles only. No vehicles will be allowed into/ out of this area after 4:30pm. Refer to attached map for details.

Gridding area:
This event will use the drags marshalling area adjacent to Turn 14 as the gridding area. Cars are to be lined up as per officials instructions when called to the grid. Refer to attached map for details.

Points System:
Qualifying-
Points will be allocated for each lap based on, 20 points for speed, 20 points for entry and 20 points for angle, giving a total out of a maximum 60 points. Points will be judged by three judges of fact located adjacent to the competition area.

Elimination Runs-
Points will be allocated for each lap based on, 10 points for speed, 10 points for entry and 10 points for angle, giving a total out of a maximum 30 points. Points will be judged by three judges of fact located adjacent to the competition area.
If two competitors score equally, then a complete re-run of their battle will be held until a winner is decided. Scores from previous runs will not be included in re-run scores.
Persons deemed to be drifting too close, may be penalised 1 point by judges.

Gridding:
Gridding for the Elimination Runs will be based on Qualifying Points from the single best scoring run of 3 (maximum) runs. At the end of Qualifying, any driver that has completed less than three qualifying laps will have their best lap score used for gridding purposes. If a driver fails to qualify, they will be given a score of zero. Equal placed qualifiers will be separated based on the next best lap score.

Elimination Runs:
Elimination Runs will be based on the drift tree format, with losers being eliminated until a winner is decided. Tandem eliminations require two vehicles at a time to compete with each other, within a close proximity, but not closer than1 car length.

Program schedule: 18 April 2009

10am - 2pm, Scrutineering of all vehicles is to be done within these times, no vehicles will be accepted after 2pm. Competitors must present their driving apparel, membership and valid CAMS Licence for document checking prior to their vehicle being scrutineered. Scrutineering location is as per Supplementary Regulations.

10am - 4pm, Scrutineered vehicles and service vehicles may set up in center of drag pit area, and prepare for the event.

4pm: Drivers and officials briefing in the drag pit area. Failure to attend may result in exclusion from the event.

5pm: Start Open Practice session. Single vehicle runs. Vehicles must maintain a minimum of approx 10 car lengths between vehicles.

6pm: All practice finishes.

6:20pm: All vehicles from pit area to Grid area.

6:25pm Cars move from Grid area to start line at approx Turn 8.

6:30pm – Start Qualifying. Each lap is a qualifying lap. All cars may complete up to 3 qualifying laps, and must keep at least 10 car lengths apart. Only the best qualifying lap score of the first 3 laps will be used to secure your position on the elimination tree. Scores for any competitor doing more than 3 laps will not be included.

7:30pm: End Qualifying.

7:45pm - Top 16 cars announced, cars to grid for Parade lap in Top 16 order.

7:55pm - Top 16 leave grid area in battle pairs for parade lap, then proceed around track to start elimination runs.

8:15pm, Start tandem Elimination rounds.

Attached File  April_18_Entry_Form.pdf ( 107.45K ) Number of downloads: 8

Zmit
Post #804

hell yes!!

good to see :unsure:

i'll be down there to watch and get pics...
(new camera this time :wavey:)

Pure-SX
Post #805

hell yeah :unsure:

glad to see u enjoyed the pic shane lol

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 23 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
53 User(s) are reading this topic (53 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x