Nt Drift  

Page 19 of 58
Jump to page
UNKNOWN
Post #631

Darren you're videos are topnotch!

Very nice.

Your drifting also improved from last time I saw you

cheers man, that was my best run ever i think...

QUOTE(UNKNOWN @ Feb 23 2009, 10:17 PM)

heres the rest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FjqRX_nYRE

one of my better runs, spliced with some incar footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krNpjMUYw-k

if you look closely tim, it captures you capturing me!!!

trade pictures or what?

haha... i cant see it at all from that quality........

but you got some insane smoke off the sweeper in the second vid.

ill post up the video full screen, and circle you, your sort of a blur, but your there.

HYPOV6
Post #632

Yea Darren, i must say, that was definatly your BEST run - awsome stuff!!!

That pwr increase has given you the ability to push your skillz to the next level.

Next meet id like to do some tandem with you, and anyone else for that matter - tho im not confident enough yet to lead....soon.

Jay. :(

Zmit
Post #633

man.... these next few meets are gonna be awesome!!!! :( :hsnono:

UNKNOWN
Post #634

thanks jay,

yeah that was the only thing about sunday, i didnt tandem with anyone...

Definately keen to tadem with you man, your really consitant, dont spin much at all.

BALSAK
Post #635

O.k, I think I'm gonna get flamed.....

What is tandem? Is it when 2 cars go in a circle like doing donuts next to each other?

I'd really like to get into drifting, but the Corolla has too much power, I won't be able to handle it :(

VLCT WALKY
Post #636

tandem in :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbOGL4tWto

BALSAK
Post #637

Ah thanks for that. Thought it was something completely different.

Adrnln
Post #638

I want to welcome Shane as TEDA's new chair person

Well done lets make use of his dedication to make TEDA Huge.

incubus
Post #639

QUOTE(Adrnln @ Feb 26 2009, 11:46 AM) [snapback]1283645054[/snapback]

I want to welcome Shane as TEDA's new chair person

Well done lets make use of his dedication to make TEDA Huge.

grats shane.

HYPOV6
Post #640

yes, i must say i was very happy with how the voting went last night.

You deserve the position mate, plus i firmly belive you'll do wonders for the club.

J.

Territory Laser Cutting
Post #641

Thanks guys.

It will be a good fun year for everyone, and with plenty on for drifting, I think we will all be poor and broke by the end of the year from excessive use of tyres, fuel and parts !

I would like to think that one of our main aims this year is to be as professional as possible, both individualy and as a club.

I thank everyone that was at the AGM last night for their efforts, I know it seems strange to say this, but it was good to see that ALL of our members took the night seriously, especially regarding nominations, attendance, and voting, as it shows your dedication to the success of drifting in Darwin.

I hope all of our current members continue to drift at every meeting, and look forward to new members becoming a part of our team throughout the year.

Finaly, I would like to welcome our new committee members, Billy, Darren and Jarred as I am know these guys will also do a great job for you too. And congratulations to Jeff also, as I know he will continue to force NAMSC to view drifting as a serious and viable motor sport, and push the boundaries of the club further and further, as he has done for the last year.

Good Luck & Happy Drifting!

VLCT WALKY
Post #642

congrats billy, darren and jarred!

supraddict
Post #643

Just watched all the links, good work guys..... Driving in all camps is getting heaps sic aye :(

DanielRodeo
Post #644

grats to all who are now involved in the running of the club
im sure TEDA can only get bigger from here on

zacowacko
Post #645

NOOB TIME!!

So whats the go to get into drifting? I know very little about licenses etc.
What are they worth?
Is much needed for the car, or is that the easy part?
Roughly how often are the meets?
How do you guys without sponsors go about tyres?
Just have to cough up the $$?

Cheers,
Zac
:(

RBNT
Post #646

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Feb 26 2009, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1283647242[/snapback]

congrats billy, darren and jarred!

x2

Zmit
Post #647

QUOTE(zacowacko @ Feb 26 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1283648652[/snapback]

NOOB TIME!!

So whats the go to get into drifting? I know very little about licenses etc.
What are they worth?
Is much needed for the car, or is that the easy part?
Roughly how often are the meets?
How do you guys without sponsors go about tyres?
Just have to cough up the $$?

Cheers,
Zac
:(

before the guys answer some of your later questions......
a lot of the early ones are already answered in the hidden valley info thread.
meets are monthly, but then TEDA may/will organise a few extra practice sessions and stuff between them.

JET_RB25
Post #648

exactly then you have cams licence which i believe is 55 for the year and Namsc membership which is 99 for the year i am pretty sure. Then you got teda membership which is i think 49ish for the year or you can go full teda member ship around 150 for te year which included all licences to drift. Meets are monthly and it cost around 44 per meet to drift. Practise dayse are organised and you get notified about them.

As for tyres there pretty cheap at around 135 each for the federals the club is getting in in bulk for the drivers. I am working on getting better quality tyres through my work for the same price or there abouts.

Zmit
Post #649

federals are being used all around the country though....

DanielRodeo
Post #650

yeah i thought federals were good track tyres?
get some good prices on re-101s i think thats what they are bj!

cant wait til the next track day

JET_RB25
Post #651

yeah duhhhhh.....

The ones they are using are the bottom line federals etc. They do not compare to the Bridgestone Adrenalins etc.

Were also looking at getting in Toyo's as well.

Zmit
Post #652

holy crap dude.....
you really wanna rip up toyos already?

just stick with the cheaper federals you can buy in bulk :(
the better tyres will help what... 5 people?

JET_RB25
Post #653

Oh Timmy you have much to learn young son..... There are things called blems in the tyre world. These are tyres that are not 100% from factory so there for they sell them cheap to people that know about them etc. We ( being bridgestone) have the ability to buy these cheap and pass them on only adding $5 per tyre. There for they can be sourced for the same price as there Federals as can the adrenalins etc.

Shane stated that he loves the Bridgestone Supercats over anything he has tries including the federal. That is funny cos they are like the bottom of the range bridgestone. On top of that alot of the drivers stated on the weekend that the only good thing about the federals were that they lasted ages. But once hot they lost grip in a big way and the sideways felt flimsey...... So in short yes i would like to get better tyres for the club and its members etc at the same price as what there getting in now. Why wouldnt you ???????????

All of the above would be brought in bulk buy of around 30 a order etc.

HASHIRIYA
Post #654

you need as much grip as you can get to slide with control, well for those that have the power/set up that is...

JET_RB25
Post #655

^^ this man he knows.

Zmit
Post #656

yeah..... i know.....
but hey... i have a mid-engined car.....

JET_RB25
Post #657

prfffffft thats no excuse mate. Seen people drift them before

Zmit
Post #658

so have i :(

just uh.... havent quite got the "higher speed" part......

and i'd rather not snap over steer into an armco..... or a curb for that matter....
so ill stick to circling cones :hsnono:

HYPOV6
Post #659

That's great news Bj - good stuff!

I would love to experiement with as many different tyres as possible, as said the ONLY bonus of using federals was that they lasted 2-3 times longer (for me they did) soft sidewalls and less smoke didn't impress much.

Count me in for for what ever your up 2! :(

J.

UNKNOWN
Post #660

i'm in for anything good that is cheap! but the federal's are a great considering we were paying more for dimond backs, which aren't good.

let me know when you can do an order BJ, ready when you are!

RBNT
Post #661

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Feb 26 2009, 10:48 PM) [snapback]1283649055[/snapback]

Oh Timmy you have much to learn young son..... There are things called blems in the tyre world. These are tyres that are not 100% from factory so there for they sell them cheap to people that know about them etc. We ( being bridgestone) have the ability to buy these cheap and pass them on only adding $5 per tyre. There for they can be sourced for the same price as there Federals as can the adrenalins etc.
Shane stated that he loves the Bridgestone Supercats over anything he has tries including the federal. That is funny cos they are like the bottom of the range bridgestone. On top of that alot of the drivers stated on the weekend that the only good thing about the federals were that they lasted ages. But once hot they lost grip in a big way and the sideways felt flimsey...... So in short yes i would like to get better tyres for the club and its members etc at the same price as what there getting in now. Why wouldnt you ???????????

All of the above would be brought in bulk buy of around 30 a order etc.

I would have bought bridgies but your boss is a fucking git.

Got some Advan A048 for cheap cheap!

HYPOV6
Post #662

how much ken? size's?

JET_RB25
Post #663

QUOTE(UNKNOWN @ Feb 27 2009, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1283652123[/snapback]

i'm in for anything good that is cheap! but the federal's are a great considering we were paying more for dimond backs, which aren't good.

let me know when you can do an order BJ, ready when you are!

But the diamond backs are cheap as man only advertised for around the 105 mark for 235/45R17..... Sounds weird your paying more for them. Might even be able to try a different federal.... See how we go. Were in Talks with them now in regards to what is available and when we can get them.

Looking at Supercats or maybe hancooks.

xxl_05
Post #664

jus to add i just got the hookup for some tyres and seeming as i cant advertise the company on here and who's supplying them PM for some details. $135 per tyre 235/45/17 fitted. as many as you want. Them federals are being used all over aus and yes they are the bottom of the range but have had some favourable reviews and some not so. depends on personal preference. harden up guys go faster lols :P hopefully my car is gonna be ready mid year, then for some tyre burning fun. :)

RBNT
Post #665

QUOTE(HYPOV6 @ Feb 27 2009, 05:34 PM) [snapback]1283652828[/snapback]

how much ken? size's?

I dont think Im allowed to tell?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 19 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
35 User(s) are reading this topic (35 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x