Matthewmead.net Motorsport Photography  

Page 14 of 24
Jump to page
Kyl3
Post #456

It's impossible. They're more strict than v8sc

matt mead
Post #457

lol thats not very nice, how the hell am i ment to get access and get in the way of the pros lol

Kyl3
Post #458

QUOTE(matt mead @ Dec 22 2008, 09:09 AM) [snapback]1283323677[/snapback]

lol thats not very nice, how the hell am i ment to get access and get in the way of the pros lol

Hmm... i could hit you in the head with the 400 facesjump.gif

matt mead
Post #459

Featured in Import Tuner Magazine.

bottem lefthand cornor

IPB Image

Kyl3
Post #460

Nice work mate!

Added you to my bog roll too hahaha

matt mead
Post #461

Thanks nigga

Some G10 Luv from the South Coast at Christmas:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

pipster11
Post #462

i can see your head in no 3
but they look nice so its ok

matt mead
Post #463

thats was the point silly tongue.gif

Nick_
Post #464

Ooooh sun flare.

bakatono
Post #465

G10 ftw!

hey matt, small world man - im the user 'danshaku' off flickr (drift - australia group owner). i only just found this topic lol.

your skill has accelerated so quick, congrats on some great work and great exposure.

hope you had a good christmas

matt mead
Post #466

thanks dude, its sure is a small world smile.gif

Nick_
Post #467

QUOTE(bakatono @ Dec 26 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]1283342671[/snapback]

G10 ftw!

hey matt, small world man - im the user 'danshaku' off flickr (drift - australia group owner). i only just found this topic lol.

your skill has accelerated so quick, congrats on some great work and great exposure.

hope you had a good christmas

No offence man but whats with all the dutch-tilt in your flickr account.. it started to make me sea-sick sad.gif

bakatono
Post #468

lol i havent posted anything on flickr in ages, those drift shots would be many months old. have taken a much different approach since then, check out some more recent shots in the events section here or on secretdrift

Kyl3
Post #469

Matt.. I don't like your photos. Thanks for the blog comment. haha

matt mead
Post #470

i knew you would like it tongue.gif

matt mead
Post #471

Two weeks ago i got my hands on a rented 5d mk2 to film a short film, whilest filming i took some happy snaps and wow what a camera.

These are my 3 favorites all shot with canon 5d mk2 and 70-200 f2.8

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

'JayRad
Post #472

fuck that first shot is awesome.

so when will you be purchasing said 5DmkII?

matt mead
Post #473

um lets just say i took about 20 shots and quickly gave it back as i knew i wouldnt be able to stop myself buying one

I luv the fact with full frame u can slap the 70-200 on and still be close to the car

TUN35
Post #474

Nice work on the first shot! Sky could use a little clone above the guys head... really annoying lol

Now HURRY UP AND BUY!

matt mead
Post #475

haha, yeah photos needs some cloneing especially the pole coming out of the roof, but i couldnt be bothered exporting to photoshop, pp was all done in lightroom

Id luv to buy one but i have fuck all use for it, i need the crop factor as i cant afford the long glass that i would need with Full frame.

and im trying to get away from static car stuff and just focus on motorsport in 2009

caseyjohnphotography
Post #476

love the 1st shot so fucking sick

Kanzai
Post #477

That first shot is so awesome, the colours, the subjects, god, looks fantastic.

I dare say you'll have a 5D soon haha

bergie_318is
Post #478

wow that first shot is amazing!

cant offer much advise on the 5D as im a nikonian

matt mead
Post #479

thanks guys, but there is no way im buying one lol

bakatono
Post #480

5d would be sweet, but i have found video in the D90 to be a bit of a gimmick (must use a tripod even with VR, manual focus is pretty difficult when tracking cars). how did you like the screen on the back? biggrin.gif

all that money and still a slow continuous shutter speed... not really a useful sports camera

still takes a good photo but! well done

matt mead
Post #481

Hd recording is good, if u dont plan to zoom, manual focus is pretty easy to sus out. Thing i didnt like is that you cant control apeature while recoroding, but easily fixed by stacking on ND filters. The screen on the back is amazing quaility.

Yeah fare from usefull sport camera, if it was 5fps like the 1ds mk3 i would be all over it. But it wasent designed for that.

Well got to shot a driver trainning centre track day today. I only shot for about 1 hour as i was driving my car, so i had to work with the sun and limitied variety of cars unfortuntley. The camera was playing funny buggers on the white balance aswell. But all in all wow, what a fun track to shoot. Went silly with shutter speed as usually oh well lol. Its funny that If ppl werent wearing helmets you would just think its the side of the road.

Feel free to comment smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rest can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewmead/s...57612099706948/

matt mead
Post #482

so nick like usual, ur reply doesnt show... weird!!

TUN35
Post #483

Because someone keeps using the boostphotography site even though it's broken tongue.gif *slaps Nick*

Here's his post

Matt you suck! You made the tree's all blurry!

Bad man sad.gif

'JayRad
Post #484

QUOTE(matt mead @ Jan 4 2009, 09:11 PM) [snapback]1283378281[/snapback]
so nick like usual, ur reply doesnt show... weird!!

ugh i know! whats the deal!!!!

matt mead
Post #485

haha cheers

'JayRad
Post #486

oh yeah, the photos.

Sorry matt, but this set doesnt really do it for me.

Normally im wowing at every post you make, but yeah, not this one. haha.

Dunno what it is, although I like number 8! tongue.gif

matt mead
Post #487

QUOTE('JayRad @ Jan 4 2009, 10:14 PM) [snapback]1283378794[/snapback]

oh yeah, the photos.

Sorry matt, but this set doesnt really do it for me.

Normally im wowing at every post you make, but yeah, not this one. haha.

Dunno what it is, although I like number 8! tongue.gif

haha, i luv how everyone is so different. Dont be affriad to say you dont like something its all our own perspective smile.gif

Personally I luv them, i was so excitied when editing them haha. Its just so different. Brand new track. New challengers, photogenic surroundings.. went silly with the blur however. But i luved playing with the background, it just wasent like any other track day.

'JayRad
Post #488

QUOTE(matt mead @ Jan 4 2009, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1283378859[/snapback]

haha, i luv how everyone is so different. Dont be affriad to say you dont like something its all our own perspective smile.gif

Personally I luv them, i was so excitied when editing them haha. Its just so different. Brand new track. New challengers, photogenic surroundings.. went silly with the blur however. But i luved playing with the background, it just wasent like any other track day.

Well, i love the composition in all the photos, and i can see what you were trying to do, but i think in most of them just the lack of sharpness in the car itself lets them down. I dunno, I'm pretty sure that's it haha!

I hope you get to shoot there again though tongue.gif looks promising!

TUN35
Post #489

ps. The set does nothing for me also tongue.gif And yes I like number 8 out of the set. Might just be the boring subjects in this case.

matt mead
Post #490

Yeah i thought thats what would deter most people, but its the way i luv to shoot, but its not luved by all.

QUOTE(TUN35 @ Jan 4 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]1283378919[/snapback]

ps. The set does nothing for me also tongue.gif And yes I like number 8 out of the set. Might just be the boring subjects in this case.

content is always king smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 14 of 24
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
50 User(s) are reading this topic (50 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x