Nt Drift  

Page 10 of 58
Jump to page
mitch_r32
Post #316

Hey guys, whats the go with exhuasts and scrutineering? ive never been to a track day run under CAMS so what do they require with regards to where the exhaust ends on the car? (like side pipes or under the rear bumper or whatever)

JET_RB25
Post #317

think it has to go past the last door. Not 100% sure. Google the cams rules and regs.

mitch_r32
Post #318

Found this in the regs:

fitted with sideways or rearward-facing exhaust outlets. If rearwards, the outlet/s shall be between 100mm and
450mm above the ground and shall not protrude more than 150mm beyond the rearmost portion of the automobile.
If directed sideways, the outlet/s must be located rearward of the midpoint of the wheelbase. In any case, they shall
not project beyond the maximum width of coachwork or terminate more than 50mm within the plan view of the adjacent
coachwork;

Now reading that I can say mine faces rearwards yet doesn't actually come out the rear, it basically ends at the cat which is next to the rear of the gearbox. Sounds kind of hazy but ill bring the rest of it just incase I think.

JET_RB25
Post #319

yeah i would put it on anyways just to be safe. Plus depending on what car they sound shit with out the zorst properly on.

mitch_r32
Post #320

RB20 :(

JET_RB25
Post #321

yeah bolt the exhaust back on mate.

VLCT WALKY
Post #322

just has to go out the door as per all the other cars out there, shane has his out the passenger front door,

QUOTE(incubus @ Nov 22 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1283191252[/snapback]

i'll have to bring the dv camera too :)

wont be drifting, do lap sprints :(

incubus
Post #323

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Nov 23 2008, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1283194710[/snapback]

just has to go out the door as per all the other cars out there, shane has his out the passenger front door,
wont be drifting, do lap sprints :)

:(

yeah right.

what was it you were doing in the stagea ?

Adrnln
Post #324

NOT sure if I'll be down don;t know where the Ceffy will go POP or not but will try test my limits up till then.

Then Next year Project Ceffy gets underway

VLCT WALKY
Post #325

QUOTE(incubus @ Nov 23 2008, 11:10 PM) [snapback]1283195074[/snapback]

:(

yeah right.

what was it you were doing in the stagea ?

yeap, but alot faster and alot more fun doing lap sprints

ELLA
Post #326

hrmm head gasket of not, if i can re mount my intercooler properly (seeing as it wasnt done right by a certain darwin workshop) after it fell off this morning and got holed...

Ill be out trying to do my best, blown head gasket or not lol....

hopefully it rains, then i can get some serious 4th manji happening lol

incubus
Post #327

wasn't the workshop dude....

ELLA
Post #328

and who was it? the previous owner was working there and the workshop proprietor did the mounts and mounted it. anyways if you wanna know more PM me or ill get banned

incubus
Post #329

i was lead to believe josh did it all

ELLA
Post #330

lol those welds are definately not josh's welding :(

anyways i dont really care that much its around about the quality of what i expected lol. eventually ill have it how i want it till then i just gotta keep on working on it.

incubus
Post #331

meh shit happens

ELLA
Post #332

Thats right :(

VLCT WALKY
Post #333

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee another one bites the dust and another one does another one does another one bites the dust, hey ella as that propritor of the business told me, everyone get's ripped off in the car industry that's life :( all good when he's doing the rippin. i personally think that's a totally ballstick attitude to have

JET_RB25
Post #334

Cut the shit guys.

FFS take it elsewhere. Lars pull ya socks up or i will tell Bridget that your bitching bout this person on the net. She will hit you.

Though from what i hear you have to go through TEDA to drift up here. Hence the sudden drop in nnumbers as noone likes them and they wanna drift but will not go through TEDA

incubus
Post #335

actually bj you don't have to be a member of teda to drift....

JET_RB25
Post #336

Not what we got told. You dont have to be a member but all paper work goes through them. You have to sign on with them on the day.

incubus
Post #337

speak to steve.

JET_RB25
Post #338

i did and he is the one not drifting because of it. Ask lars bout it. He knows the whole story i spoke with him the other night. I was suprised to hear as well.

incubus
Post #339

oh wells. can't force ppl to do what they don't want to.

i'll still go out for a slide next year

NISSAN_PUBFINDER
Post #340

will there be a tyre changer there this weekend?

incubus
Post #341

nope

VLCT WALKY
Post #342

i think what there trying to say chris, there's people interseted about being drifting but not being part of the nazi cell called teda,

that's all, i believe it's not an issue, and u don't have to be assiated with teda to drift

NISSAN_PUBFINDER
Post #343

oh thats gay. doubt i will go then

mitch_r32
Post #344

thats ok, more track space for the rest of us :(

you should still come along though really

UNKNOWN
Post #345

i cant believe how much you guys bitch, just do a skid and quit your bitching.

if you dont like someone in teda, get a shed away from them and dont talk to them.

it was only 18 months ago that we would have to hope that all 5 of the drifters in darwin turned up, or you would be sent home due to lack of numbers. which happened often.

What teda gives us is a large number of drifters, guaranteed opportunity's to drift at every meet, more respect from other classes which gives us more freedom (like tandam drifting and no waiting lines)and even practice days that give us more drift time than we can use.

and all you can do is bitch, but the best thing is it doesnt matter, we dont have to beg for numbers anymore, so noone gives a fuck if you turn up or not, because we will all be there having fun.

paddles7
Post #346

Not that I have anything at all against TEDA; Shane is a great NAMSC delegate for drifting - but nowhere in any NAMSC regulations that I'm aware of does it say you must be a member of TEDA to compete in drifting. There is currently a system in place where TEDA chases competitors up and makes sure they get their forms and entry fees in on time; but you can still submit them yourself directly to NAMSC.

ScUd'EsS
Post #347

:( same people bitch'n about our motorsport association!! :)
perhaps we just ban the whole lot of them!! ;)

JET_RB25
Post #348

QUOTE(UNKNOWN @ Nov 26 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1283207854[/snapback]

i cant believe how much you guys bitch, just do a skid and quit your bitching.

if you dont like someone in teda, get a shed away from them and dont talk to them.

it was only 18 months ago that we would have to hope that all 5 of the drifters in darwin turned up, or you would be sent home due to lack of numbers. which happened often.

What teda gives us is a large number of drifters, guaranteed opportunity's to drift at every meet, more respect from other classes which gives us more freedom (like tandam drifting and no waiting lines)and even practice days that give us more drift time than we can use.

and all you can do is bitch, but the best thing is it doesnt matter, we dont have to beg for numbers anymore, so noone gives a fuck if you turn up or not, because we will all be there having fun.

:( I think not Darren. I dont give two shits as i will be there when the car is sorted with the microtech back. Dont think it will be this meet as it only got sent away on Monday arvo but i was there filming the other day and there was 4 drifters. So if that is a large number then someone needs a kicking and told to go back to school. QLD has large numbers. I cant even think of a drift day when there has been more then 10 drifters? Can you?

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Nov 26 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1283208008[/snapback]

:) same people bitch'n about our motorsport association!! ;)
perhaps we just ban the whole lot of them!! :ph34r:

Back in your box. no one is really bitching all people are saying is that they dont wanna be a part of Teda and the ones that i spoke with are under the impression that they have to beapart of TEDA to drift.

VLCT WALKY
Post #349

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Nov 26 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]1283208008[/snapback]

:( same people bitch'n about our motorsport association!! :)
perhaps we just ban the whole lot of them!! ;)

mmmmmmmmmm nice dig mel :ph34r:

Zmit
Post #350

holy crap batman.....

this is ridiculous....

TEDA is a way for the drifters to form a name for themselves in darwin. but it ISNT the be all and end all. as Paddles said, you can still go through NAMSC.

what is it with the bitching in almost EVERY thread???

must be that time of year.....

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 10 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
32 User(s) are reading this topic (32 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x