Nt Drift  

Page 4 of 58
Jump to page
future_dictator
Post #106

courtesy of me, a bunch of noobish questions....

ok..... so my car is unregistered.... how could i get it to HV? can mvr do temp regos for motorsport events?

also how much would it be you think for a new set of tyres? strangely enough my fronts are balder than the rears.... :s

and how can i get my handbrake to lock the tyres? is wierd... i can drive (slowly) with the hand brake on.... (i forgot to take it off and i was wondering why i had 'no power' for about 200m)

incubus
Post #107

QUOTE(future_dictator @ May 21 2008, 01:27 AM) [snapback]1282354826[/snapback]

courtesy of me, a bunch of noobish questions....

ok..... so my car is unregistered.... how could i get it to HV? can mvr do temp regos for motorsport events?

also how much would it be you think for a new set of tyres? strangely enough my fronts are balder than the rears.... :s

and how can i get my handbrake to lock the tyres? is wierd... i can drive (slowly) with the hand brake on.... (i forgot to take it off and i was wondering why i had 'no power' for about 200m)

if yoi\u are serious about heading down and entering the drifting pm territory laser cutting on here and beg him to pick you up on the trailer failing that, don't be a tight arse and put rego on it.

tyres- how long is a bit of string ? what size are you after ?

hand brake is easy

UNKNOWN
Post #108

15's are cheap as*, you can get them from bobjane from $69 each, you can get temporary rego, but there would be conditions of which im not sure of.

*if you have 15's...

zmit
Post #109

temp rego requires a log.... and i think you need a reason. (i.e. to take your car to bobjane to get tyres fitted)

VLCT WALKY
Post #110

i temp regoed my vl the previous power cruise

to the hidden valley gate and then from the gate home again

depends how u do it

Jaqule
Post #111

The last coat on the body

IPB Image

IPB Image

Big wing SPARKLE SPARKLE

IPB Image

IPB Image

Custom Bar

IPB Image

vh-holden
Post #112

i'm impressed. all i ever managed was primer!!

drift_ke70
Post #113

looks good mate Now some vids of it sliding god dam it.

Jaqule
Post #114

hopefuly Sunday , I need a bonnet , that one is a borrow so I an not allowed to put pins in , which I need for the track.

future_dictator
Post #115

i'll give you a big cooked chicken in return for a paint job like that on mine

MADcunz
Post #116

From an email i recieved recently....

Police have charged a driver for speeding down a highway at 263km/h in a car held together in part by cable ties and a blanket.

The 21-year-old driver of the 1995 Nissan 200sx turbo was clocked travelling last night at breakneck speed along the Hume Highway near Mittagong in the NSW Southern Highlands.
The car was travelling 153km over the highway's 110km/h speed limit.
Highway patrol officers inspecting the car found the body kit had been fastened with cable ties. The car's battery was secured with a rag and blanket.
The car also had no back seats and its dashboard was loose, police said.
Strong fuel fumes were smelt inside the car and the boot was filled with tyres.
Police have ordered the car off the road and charged the driver, from the Sydney suburb of Rouse Hill, with driving at a speed dangerous to the public.
He has been granted bail and is due to appear in court on June 16.

LOL at the cable ties :hsdance:

UNKNOWN
Post #117

BJ put up your video of the day

it will please me

VLCT WALKY
Post #118

QUOTE(MADcunz @ May 23 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1282365607[/snapback]

From an email i recieved recently....

LOL at the cable ties :hsdance:

must have been them kick arse zip ties andy has :wavey:

Jaqule
Post #119

Body is back together , just need to do Front and rear bar then a cut and polish

Sit front bar on

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mr Sparkle Sparkle rear wing

IPB Image

IPB Image

bliss
Post #120

great job!!!!

Jaqule
Post #121

All the piece's on now , just needs a good tidy up and a few finishing touch'es (spray the bonnet , bonnet pins , color on light covers , cut & polish)

Also had some trouble at the track on sunday , thought I had a blowen intercooler pipe , ened up being a cracked intake plenum :hsdance:

New turbo and manifold setup going on soon , also a trip to Japan in the next few months , so get your orders in for T-shirts and stickers

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

wasfishing
Post #122

Lookin good is that a 34 front end now? still road legal?
car has changed alot in such little time

zmit
Post #123

very nice. well done..

but hang on.... you drift on semi-slicks? (whats on the back?)

Jaqule
Post #124

not road legal

Semi's on the front and Federal 595's on the rear (best drift tyre around I think) might go back to 595's on front as semi's take to long to warm up

zmit
Post #125

ah. fair enough then.... its great to see how you're goin down there :hsdance: thanks for the updates!

VLCT WALKY
Post #126

looking good

ELLA
Post #127

looking fucken sweet as beau

Jaqule
Post #128

The Beast is currently in AMEC getting some work done after a slight mishap after some boost spike

work to be done

1. Re-weld crack in inlet plenum (Boost spike)

2.Fit new turbo , manifold , wastegate , pipes , injectors (Garret GT30 .63 rear , tial copy waste gate , hi mount mani , 550cc )

3. Re-tune Power FC ( expect 350 RWHP )

4.Custom make mounts to fit front bar for R34 front

5.Custom fit hinge's for R34 bonnet

6.Pre race check , making sure it's all ready to rock for Round 2 of QLD Drift state

Remember people AMEC for all automotive needs !! have some great deals on parts http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sa...aders-f141.html

just look for AMEC as topic starter

Tell'm Beau set ya :hsdance:

Territory Laser Cutting
Post #129

Hi All,

I would just like to post a HUGE thanks to everyone who pulled together and made the BBQ fundraiser a success.

You raised a heap of cash for the club, and everyone appreciates the effort. :hsdance:

A special thanks to Mike at Toyworld too for allowing us to take up the front of the shop for two days!

See you all at the track this weekend. Please remember scruitineering is on Sunday, so get there early.

Thanks.

PS: Ella ate as much as we sold! :wavey:

wasfishing
Post #130

i came i suported, i talked to ella lol

paddles7
Post #131

If any of you guys are keen to have your drifters on show at the Shannons Motoring Extravaganza as part of the NAMSC stand, give John Newman a call on 0400 44 80 80.
You'll be supporting a MAJOR sponsor of NAMSC so be there if you can make it.

4SHOW
Post #132

TEDO

sunday june 8th

Hidden valley

:lol:

ScUd'EsS
Post #133

QUOTE(4SHOW @ Jun 5 2008, 10:25 AM) [snapback]1282430458[/snapback]

TEDO

sunday june 8th

Hidden valley

:lol:

isnt it TEDA ;)

Hypermania
Post #134

Can I just pass on my admiration to the TEDA guys for their planning, administration and promotion of drifting in the Top End.

Plus............ the quality of the on-track action is outstanding and simply superb to watch!!

I've been away from the scene (in denial?) for about 18 months and it is inspiring to note the huge advances in both organisation and driving skills that have transpired in this short time.

Well done guy's.............. you have ensured a permanent place will remain in Darwin motorsport for the sport of difting and are developing a strong following amongst competitors and fans alike!!!

incubus
Post #135

thanks steve

Jaqule
Post #136

back together again!!

only a few loose ends to tidy up and she's ready for dyno tuning Friday afternoon to handle the bigger injectors Justin at Competition Tuning and Performance will be doing the tuning.

also thanks to Mobile Auto Hoses for helping us out a little with the cost of the turbo lines.

IPB Image

VLCT WALKY
Post #137

is that a jd custom manifold ???

and i'm not sure if steve was taken the piss

Jaqule
Post #138

Who's JD ?

VLCT WALKY
Post #139

the guy that makes those inlet manifolds

Jaqule
Post #140

I don't know , I guess so

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
15 User(s) are reading this topic (15 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x