Photo's Of Your 4x4's - Something that you should get on here...  

Page 77 of 201
Jump to page
Mo Rat
Post #2661

Well I went for a wheel Sunday, and I gotta say, I love Staun tyre deflators lol. I set 2 at 22psi and 2 at 15psi. I let them down to 22 and thought ok I'll try get it bogged on the nice soft beach sand to see if I can get it out with 15psi, hmmm this was a problem. I nosed up to a 1m tall 40ish degree sand hill, Ok the chassis will hit and I'll get stuck for sure. Low first, let out the clutch and just a little bit of the go pedal so she doesn't stall. "Hmmm it'll stop moving shortly" I kept saying to myself, then the back wheels popped up over the ridge and I thought "Hmmm better find a bigger hill". 35 degree's and 1.5m tall, yeah this'll do it. Once again nose up to it, a little more go pedal this time, once again up it popped over the ridge, well f*ck this I give up, where's a sand dune and I'll hit her hard with a 3m run up (that didn't work either).

I thought "I know what I'll do", so I put her in 2wd, and took off waiting for it to bog down instantly, well it didn't bog down instantly, it did shortly after however after I applied the brake pedal slightly lol. It popped straight out however as soon as I put it in 4 low. So I gave up on that and headed home through the bush, came across a hill I didn't go down before but screw it I'm going up that way, low 1st and up she went, no problems ok I thought I'd get hung up on that big tree root sticking out of the ground, Ok I'm impressed it wouldn't have done it with 36psi in the tyres. So home I went, and without fail on my way back I seen a bogged cruiser on the beach, what a great day. Then it got even better when my new TJM compressor pumped up all four tyres from 22 up to 38psi in 10 minutes. I was a happy boy, so all this story was just to tell you that if you don't have a set of Staun's, buy some lol.

EATU4T
Post #2662

glad you like the stauns mo rat. ive had my set for a few years now, and i swear by them, i have 2 set at 22psi and 2 set at 18psi.

but 38psi sounds a tad high for driving on the road. what size tires are you running??

Mo Rat
Post #2663

Only run 34 on the highway but just wanted to see how the compressor handled all four tyres 1 after the other pumping up to a highish pressure. You think 38 is high, 2 of my mates run 50 on the highway, farked if I know why lol. One of them is a non turbo cruiser so it needs as little resistance as possible lol. I only run 31's mate, with 31" tyres and no lift kit I can get to just as many places as all my mates and sometimes more with the LSD. A bit of weight comes in handy sometimes for traction.

EATU4T
Post #2664

50 psi, holy shit. id like to know how long they last at that pressure.
ive got an arb under bonnet compressor, and that takes just under 5mins a tyre to pump from 18psi to 35 psi, but i run 33s.

Mo Rat
Post #2665

Yeah his cruiser is rough enough as it is, hell it's a rough ride with 22psi but with 50 she's pretty crazy

Ris00
Post #2666

what are these stauns things?? why is it different to a pressure guage?

EATU4T
Post #2667

QUOTE(Ris00 @ Sep 24 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1281464897[/snapback]

what are these stauns things?? why is it different to a pressure guage?

stauns are a tyre deflater that is pre set by yourself, you simply scew them on to the valve when you want to air down, and walk away while the staun deflates the tyre to the preset pressure. and once their finished you unscew them and your away.

they come in a pack of 4 for about 80 bucks( thats what i payed for mine a few years ago from arb) and arb can even set them for you, as they are a bastard to set, but once set, youll wonder why you never bought em sooner.

Mo Rat
Post #2668

basically you screw them on, walk away and come back in a couple of minutes and they would have let your tyres down for you. I'm not saying they help your truck get places but my story above was kind of a trip report as well as letting you know Staun tyre deflators are great. You can use your good old gauge and your keys if you want.

Ris00
Post #2669

hmmm... keep it on topic eh

MR_NATTY
Post #2670

oh the joys
jade its gone so quiet cause im still looking for a 4by to waste money on haha

EATU4T
Post #2671

QUOTE(MR_NATTY @ Sep 24 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1281465743[/snapback]

oh the joys
jade its gone so quiet cause im still looking for a 4by to waste money on haha

you want to waste money, buy a nissan :)
you want a reliable investment, that will take you anywhere, buy a toyota.lol

.......................just kidding nissan owners......................................................maybe. lol

WHITE R32
Post #2672

ok guys cut the crap... syn stop stirring people or your warn level might be raised up....

this topis is for pictures of your 4x4's but that doesnt mean there cant be discussion about the 4x4's and driving tips as far as i think...

keep it on topic... any more trouble to be reffered to mods via the report button

synergy
Post #2673

make a 4x4 discussion thread n sticky it or whatever, but if people wanna look at peoples 4x4's, when they come in here all they see is the SPAM from the same people.

Get me?

EATU4T
Post #2674

QUOTE(synergy @ Sep 25 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1281467942[/snapback]

make a 4x4 discussion thread n sticky it or whatever, but if people wanna look at peoples 4x4's, when they come in here all they see is the SPAM from the same people.

Get me?

who gives a shit. we all come in here cause we share ther same pasion( except you syn, as we like to get our fourbys dirty :) ). and to talk about things we can relate to....

imho syn, if you dont like reading the spam, then dont visit the topic, simple as that, instead of coming in here and stiring shit...

you got anythng else you wanna say to me, throw me a pm.

Ris00
Post #2675

QUOTE(WHITE R32 @ Sep 25 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1281467591[/snapback]

this topis is for pictures of your 4x4's but that doesnt mean there cant be discussion about the 4x4's and driving tips as far as i think...

keep it on topic... any more trouble to be reffered to mods via the report button

amen

complete4x4
Post #2676

so what is everyone doing this weekend?or has anyone got any new pics to show

WHITE R32
Post #2677

ok thats seriously enough this time... thats the last warning...

no more nitpicking or warn levels will be raised... i dont want to but i will if i have to

this applies to everyone

syn you seem to the only person who seems worried about the "spam" so i dont personally see a need to start another new thread again....as someone said if it worries you,dont look.. if there was more demand id do it but it probably wouldnt get used

complete4x4
Post #2678

[attachment=381592:attachment]

Mo Rat
Post #2679

QUOTE(complete4x4 @ Sep 25 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]1281468866[/snapback]

so what is everyone doing this weekend?

Going for a wheel down the local river or a sand quarry, it's pretty tame around where my Girlfriend lives so I gotta improvise lol. Might take some piccies if I find something decent, I wanna check out the difference between 22psi and 15psi in my tyres on soft sinky river sand.

[4CE-FED]
Post #2680

paj.

EATU4T
Post #2681

QUOTE(Mo Rat @ Sep 26 2007, 08:18 AM) [snapback]1281471279[/snapback]

Going for a wheel down the local river or a sand quarry, it's pretty tame around where my Girlfriend lives so I gotta improvise lol. Might take some piccies if I find something decent, I wanna check out the difference between 22psi and 15psi in my tyres on soft sinky river sand.

mate i woudnt drop your tyres any lower than 18psi, as you will have a huge risk of of peeling your tyre off the rim. and once you do that its an asshole of a job to reseat it on your own( best left to a tyre shop)

taity1
Post #2682

hey guys been a while since i have updated you with some coffs action. well what has been hapning? havnt been for a night drive in ages. my mate sando with the nissan comp ute rolled few weeks back took him a week and he was back up and running. thank god for bar work.

got a 3" zorst fitted last week oh and yesterday i got a 4"lift fitted. can't wait till the weekend to test her out in the bush :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

pig060
Post #2683

nice pics of your patrol looks nice and clean, did the exhaust make much difference at all?

Dan162
Post #2684

Well I finally got this home today it's got a bodylift and the torsion bars wound up aswell as a commodore V6 4spd auto conversion.

MR_NATTY
Post #2685

QUOTE(taity1 @ Sep 26 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1281473510[/snapback]

hey guys been a while since i have updated you with some coffs action. well what has been hapning? havnt been for a night drive in ages. my mate sando with the nissan comp ute rolled few weeks back took him a week and he was back up and running. thank god for bar work.

got a 3" zorst fitted last week oh and yesterday i got a 4"lift fitted. can't wait till the weekend to test her out in the bush :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

got some serious flex now dude
looks bloody tuff

EATU4T
Post #2686

BOO

complete4x4
Post #2687

bit quiet hey

EATU4T
Post #2688

QUOTE(complete4x4 @ Sep 29 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]1281482089[/snapback]

bit quiet hey

i was thinking the same thing... but what do you care, your going out for the night. :)

new track coming up :P :) :)

MR_NATTY
Post #2689

ahh
our 4by tracks gettin faltened for houses. bunch of cock sucker council

HOON69
Post #2690

QUOTE(complete4x4 @ Sep 18 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]1281446962[/snapback]

[attachment=377377:attachment][attachment=377376:attachment]

hahahahahaahha just a couple pics of the lowrider project all i need is some chrome i think
needs to be lower and have more bling mate

' date='Sep 19 2007, 09:03 AM' post='1281450219']
HEY Boys, this post is a sad one!!! what not to do.. lot of cash lost this weekend... both cars got pulled out in the end, thanks to all the people that made the trip down to help. we snapped so much stuff trying both days ans most of the night to beet the tides. white lux went under twice and the black and green one was under for 2 days.
those pics look costly,as long as you had fun doing it its all good

QUOTE(pig060 @ Sep 21 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]1281458482[/snapback]

[attachment=379085:attachment] [attachment=379078:attachment][attachment=379081:attachment][attachment=379086:attachment]

here is a couple of pics of my gq. will try to get some with my mates hilux and mavrick.
gr8 pics mate

QUOTE(Ris00 @ Sep 23 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1281462272[/snapback]

Howdy peoples, went hunting this weekend heres a photo of the vehicle at camp and the other one is the result of driving down a dried up lagoon which the property owner told me was dry, it obviously wasnt dry enough to support the car :)
toyota bogged who would of thought (nudge nudge)

QUOTE(EATU4T @ Sep 24 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1281465790[/snapback]

you want to waste money, buy a nissan :)
you want a reliable investment, that will take you anywhere, buy a toyota.lol
.......................just kidding nissan owners......................................................maybe. lol
skating on thin ice shiela,dont make me out perform you again LOL

QUOTE(WHITE R32 @ Sep 25 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1281467591[/snapback]

ok guys cut the crap... syn stop stirring people or your warn level might be raised up....

why do i always miss the good stuff

QUOTE(synergy @ Sep 25 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1281467942[/snapback]

Get me?
NO i dont get you,but thanx for sharing your super dooper intelligent post with us mate

' date='Sep 26 2007, 08:39 AM' post='1281471316']
paj.
nice pics man

QUOTE(taity1 @ Sep 26 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1281473510[/snapback]

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
looking good

QUOTE(Dan162 @ Sep 27 2007, 12:21 AM) [snapback]1281474938[/snapback]

Well I finally got this home today it's got a bodylift and the torsion bars wound up aswell as a commodore V6 4spd auto conversion.

looks good keep us posted.

seems the place has been quite dead without me :P

EATU4T
Post #2691

QUOTE(HOON69 @ Sep 30 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1281484344[/snapback]

seems the place has been quite dead without me :P

yeah it has, its not the same on here without out you hoon...

so you back now are ya?
hope alls well mate. :)

taity1
Post #2692

went out for a lil soft play today just gettin used to the suspension. i start to get scared wen the body starts to roll lol

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

HOON69
Post #2693

QUOTE(EATU4T @ Sep 30 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1281485059[/snapback]

yeah it has, its not the same on here without out you hoon...

so you back now are ya?
hope alls well mate. :)
yeah im back.

QUOTE(taity1 @ Sep 30 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1281486110[/snapback]

went out for a lil soft play today just gettin used to the suspension. i start to get scared wen the body starts to roll lol

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

looking good mate :P what size is that lift kit btw?

taity1
Post #2694

cheers hoon. its a 4" springs not body. with the swaybars dissconected she flexes like a champ :)

HOON69
Post #2695

thought so,cheers for that.

mines 3inch EFS and 1inch spacer
sway bar connected :)

might need to get onto that one :P

hows she drive on the road with no sway bar?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 77 of 201
Jump to page
25 User(s) are reading this topic (25 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x