Qr Sprints 18th November  

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
Fleet
Post #36

QUOTE(Kenshin @ Nov 11 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1280459535[/snapback]

I hope i'll be there. Are there still spots available.

you will have to phone QR and find out. www.queenslandraceway.com.au

LUDEcrs
Post #37

Im out. 9/12 Im in though, so see you guys then smile.gif

Rookie ROX
Post #38

Well I'm out, the following week of holiday will be compromised by using the funds for sprinting, next month sounds good though, I'll have everything I need ready by then! I may spectate, also may not..

ROCK ON
R~R

garlic_s5rx7
Post #39

sorry to hear that Rookie and Ludecrs... I will be out there, car is set to do both wednesday and sat sprints. I guess I will have to take it easy on wednesday, but it should be fine, will probably just do a brake bleed inbetween events

S15_Clint
Post #40

Awesome to hear man, I will come up and say hi to ya! That is if the weather Doesn't turn to shit as it apparently is!!! (Its Ippy for gods sakes! it hardly ever rains!!)

Clint

Kenshin
Post #41

Entry is in, I'll be there smile.gif

!JessKa!
Post #42

ummmm i got told that im going to this last night unsure.gif

soooo i guess i'll be there lol blink.gif tongue.gif

S15_Clint
Post #43

Well what an interesting Sprint day Today!!!! Sun, Rain, Sun. Ended up pretty good day! ran quick consistent times and completely destroyed my front tyres!!! Looks like I am out of the Saturday Sprints, Although..... *looks at other set of tyres*

Clint

evaded
Post #44

If you need some good cheap motorsport tyres just give me a buzz and I can get some organised for you before Saturday.

Anyways Jess you will be out there and yeah I will be. If anyone wants to donate to the renew Andrew's CAMS license and pay for entry fee fund then I will race.

garlic_s5rx7
Post #45

definately an interesting day... I think I set the record for most spins in one session... just reviewed my tape, and it comes in at around 7 ohmy.gif the worst part was the 4 times on the front straight... gah you would think I woudl learn right?

that was the first time I had run the clubman track... definately want to do that again, it is awesome!

I managed to get a 1:10 on the clubman, so pretty happy with that, though there is plenty of room for improvement.

saturday should be fun, though if it is wet, I might give it a miss... my rear tyres don't have enough tread left for the wet wink.gif

S15_Clint
Post #46

Ahh was that you man? yeah i was thinking... He should know by now Not to Hit the gas hard coming out of there in the wet tongue.gif was entertaining though haha! Managed to do 1:05 clubman, Was aiming for a 1:04 though. Ran pretty consistent 1:02 on the sprint dipping in to 1:01 on one occasion. I think I will be running on Slick Tyres next year! so i can join the Sub 60 club biggrin.gif

Clint

garlic_s5rx7
Post #47

I don't know what it was, it seemed so stable, and then all of a sudden it would just lose it... I think my suspension bushings are shot, which was causing the rear end to do some unpredictable stuff... especially the DTSS stuff which causes toe out when the suspension loads up in the rear...

I was pretty happy with the dry run we had on the sprints, managed a 66.48 which was marginally better than my previous best, will be interesting to see how i go next time, hopefully will get some more laps in on saturday!

the incar footage I had of the wet run is quite funny... i might post it up when I get a computer that is capable of editing video... as a demonstration of what NOT to do in the wet... biggrin.gif

Fleet
Post #48

well as predicted the cool change has arrived, bring on the lower temps woo hoo!! biggrin.gif should be an awesome day on saturday now!

Stormwarden
Post #49

Entry is in, Now to find out if its better to do the sprints on saturday in my car with the top up or down.

From guys that have been there (to race)

What is the best time to get there for a person thats never been?

garlic_s5rx7
Post #50

The fastest person on the sprint circuit this year (in the sprint series) is 0.55.61 in a Subaru 99 Sti

according to the results here: http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/sas-points.xls

edit: Sorry didn't read your post fully (I read never as ever)... my best time the first time I went was a 1:11, you should be able to figure out most peoples from the link above.

Fleet
Post #51

QUOTE(Stormwarden @ Nov 16 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]1280474617[/snapback]

Entry is in, Now to find out if its better to do the sprints on saturday in my car with the top up or down.

From guys that have been there (to race)

What is the best time to get there for a person thats never been?

If you show up around 11am you should be able to find a spare pit bay or ask someone if you can share a pit.

S15_Clint
Post #52

This saturday I will be heading up early aiming to get there by 10. Don't want to run the risk of getting No pit or having to park all the way down the End... Its going to be packed!!! Wednesday was heaps busier than usual, in the past events sometimes we have had as little as 3 groups with all of just 6 cars in each group, yesterday there were 5 groups with around 8 in each.

Clint

GTRVspec95
Post #53

Can't justify the expense unfortunately but I will be out to spectate ...

maybe I should join team 'Too Poor Racing' laugh.gif

PS I love Ivan's work happy.gif

PPS May the good times roll for those that are racing thumbsup.gif

garlic_s5rx7
Post #54

Well im entered, but my turbo has a disconnected wastegate actuator, so I will have sfa power... probably just what i need at this juncture (going by my performance in the wet...)

it will be interesting to see how the car goes with a very linear power curve

Rookie ROX
Post #55

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Nov 17 2006, 08:21 AM) [snapback]1280477570[/snapback]

maybe I should join team 'Too Poor Racing' laugh.gif

Yay for TPR! facesjump.gif

Shouldn't have bought those seats this week, all I was looking for was a bloody harness! laugh.gif

Edit: Edited sig ftw! tongue.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

MR2Mark
Post #56

i might have to head out and watch again, wednesday was quite good

will be nice to meet you stormwarden and check out a mr-s - i missed the mr2 cruise as i was sick

garlic_s5rx7 : i assume you were in the greyish rx7 - i saw you absolutly beaming a huge smile under your helmet every time you spun out on the straight and then drove past smile.gif

Stormwarden
Post #57

Sweet mr2mark, are you going to the MR2 cruise on sunday as well, im also planning to go to that (pending any damage to my car).

So stoked for this event (will be my first), got to love early unexpected xmas presents smile.gif

garlic_s5rx7
Post #58

haha yea that was me, well it might of been a bit dangerous, and if I had of been watching I woudl have called myself and idiot, but it sure is fun biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Kuz
Post #59

good times mate smile.gif manly spin-outs!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

take #2 smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Inspiring stuff! biggrin.gif

PHATCORE
Post #60

hahaha nice shots, you wait till he posts up the in car video, i hope no one gets motion sickness tongue.gif

garlic_s5rx7
Post #61

I can't see the pics at work... damn websense, got my laptop today Michael, so the vid is on its way. biggrin.gif

Kuz
Post #62

I got external vid footage of two of the three spin outs! tongue.gif

CameronBNR
Post #63

Was a fun day out for me as a first timer, learnt alot of what I have to do to on the car before next time.

I spun out aswell on my maiden lap! laugh.gif was very slippery!

awesome pics Kuz, did you happen to get any of the black 32 gtr?

Kuz
Post #64

no

ONE600
Post #65

cooler temps tomorrow, hope we can improve on our PB now that we got alittle more then 90Kw's now smile.gif

DR1F7
Post #66

QUOTE(CameronBNR @ Nov 17 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1280479773[/snapback]

Was a fun day out for me as a first timer, learnt alot of what I have to do to on the car before next time.

I spun out aswell on my maiden lap! laugh.gif was very slippery!

awesome pics Kuz, did you happen to get any of the black 32 gtr?

Are you going today? I might be there

Rookie ROX
Post #67

Team TPR would like to convey their luck to those going out today, and also like to express their absolute thrill in being able to sleep in thumbsup.gif tongue.gif

Have fun, I'd come out and spectate but I can't be bothered putting fuel in the car if I'm going to be away for a bit more than a week...TPR at it's best laugh.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

CameronBNR
Post #68

QUOTE(DR1F7 @ Nov 18 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]1280480253[/snapback]

Yeah, but only to spectate smile.gif

!JessKa!
Post #69

QUOTE(DR1F7 @ Nov 18 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]1280480253[/snapback]

yoou will bee since you're on your way to get me tongue.gif

facesjump.gif

Stormwarden
Post #70

Awesome day, pleanty of sweet rides,

I got some decient times and some shredded tyres, wooot. great fun.

Cant wait to see the pictures smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
18 User(s) are reading this topic (18 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x