2000 Subaru Impreza GC8 WRX  

"80XYA" WRX
  • "80XYA" WRX
  • Dyl Big Guy.
  • Member No.: 88,965
Post #1 post 27th February 2011 - 05:20 PM
Hello Boostcruiser's. Had my wrx since Late 07 and been modding it slowly but surely since then. She came into my possession relatively stock, spoilerless, sitting on 19" dinner plate chromies. Needless to say she had plenty of work to be done on her. Being a full time uni student hasn't helped move things along at the speed I'd like :) But I love it all the same! Wouldn't trade her for any GC8 in aus! (probly haha)

Modifications:
Performance
TD05-16g Turbo @17psi
Microtec LT8s ECU
Front Mount
3" Turbo Back Exhaust
HKS EVC6 Boost Controller
Walbro 550hp Fuel Pump
Silicone Turbo Inlet Pipe
King Spring Lows
Front Strut Bar
DBA 4000 Rotors F&R & Ferrodo Pads

Prob More I've Forgotten

Dyno'd at 150kw on Matty Spry's dyno, which he reckons is reading low.
Best 1/4 Mile of 13.40 @ 104mph on a 2.04 60ft -- Need to sort out my launch!

Exterior
Custom Blue Respray in Jan 09
CT Style Front Lip
Smoked Headlights
Smoked Front and Side Indicators
STI Skirt & Rear Pods
22b Adjustable Spoiler
STI Taillights
Debadged
18x7.5 Speedy Lite 5's

Pretty much stock interior - guages etc.

Uncle is a photographer for the GC Bulletin and tooks a few pics for me on the weekend. Havin another shoot with some mates in a few weeks, will post her up again with a full range of pics.

Cheers!
P.S. Sorry Bout the HUUUUUGE File Size Pics. But you should all have speedy internet by now!
2000 Subaru Impreza Gc8 Wrx

--------------------
Caution --- AWD Turbo Driver
Passengers prepare for neck-breaking launches, lightning fast cornering, and the occasional spontaneous ejaculation when full boost hits.

Comments

• Boost Network 30
  • Distinctive.Detail
    Post #2

thats nice. well done mate.

vectorazz
    Post #3

Very nice

TPG
    Post #4

Very tidy/complete looking car.

Very nice.

The Doctor
    Post #5

looks good mate, font lip is abit to chunky, v5 lip looks alot better imo,

are you going to resray the front lip and rear pods?

LuKeY
    Post #6

Sweet WRX, it looks awesome

TwinCam16
    Post #7

Love it

Atomic_Nitro
    Post #8

tidy :)

SubaruSam29
    Post #9

Neat as :)

pat_b08
    Post #10

Nice rex. Love the number plates!

krayziebenno
    Post #11

noot 100% keen on the lip but tidy rex nonetheless

Sav K.
    Post #12

nice man, not to keen about the front lip

VTR
    Post #13

Very Nice :(

come pimp my ride
    Post #14

How are the head lights? I got some on the way off ebay. unsure on the quality tho...

Julian89
    Post #15

Hey mate, nice looking rex and nice engine mods. Is your turbo off the earlier wrx's? im getting my liberty tuned at PITS and have similar mods. im hoping for more power than that but maybe not....... :(

"80XYA" WRX
    Post #16

Cheers for the comments so far.
    The front lip, rear pods, hood scoop and spoiler cross-bar were all painted in matte black for something a bit different.
    As for the lip choice, almost EVERYONE has the STI front-lip - yes it looks good, but i wanted somethin more unique to stand out. I dont think the lip is too over the top, and the curves match that of the front bar - hence my choice :(

Is your turbo off the earlier wrx's? im getting my liberty tuned at PITS and have similar mods. im hoping for more power than that but maybe not

Turbo is a blouch TD05-big16g -- Not an earlier model wrx turbo. Should be making more power than it is. Spry said there is a restriction somewhere, i just havent been assed to do the detective work to find where. But pre turbo upgrade the car made 145kw with a 13.8ET now with "5kw" more it's dropped to 13.4ET so work that out?

The Doctor
    Post #17

are you not going to fit all those goodies in that box in your room?

if you ever want to sell those 550cc injectors let me know as im looking for a set.

Club Spec6
    Post #18

not bad at all

chaserface
    Post #19

hate the wheels!

dontmesswifdarex
    Post #20

really need to colour code the lip and back kit with the rest of the car. other wise nice job mate

31AKE
    Post #21

Nice rex.
    Matt said the same thing with my rex having a "restriction" somewhere. Mines a 2.5 with a GTPS03 (TD06sl2-20g) had a process west top mount and 550cc's and was only making 201kw on bout 19psi, would have thought it would be making alot more, but i have heard elsewhere about matts dyno reading low. Although i do pull away from a mates rex that has a 2.2 stroker making around 220kw on cnj dyno so got me beat

thanatozz
    Post #22

Love it all except maybe just the colour of the front lip didn't seem to match up with the rest. Definitely unique though, so good work.

"80XYA" WRX
    Post #23

QUOTE (dontmesswifdarex @ Feb 28 2011, 07:25 PM) *
    really need to colour code the lip and back kit with the rest of the car. other wise nice job mate

Love it all except maybe just the colour of the front lip didn't seem to match up with the rest.

Matte Black - front lip, rear pods, bonnet scoop, spoiler cross-bar...Not to mention other parts like roof linings, wipers, headlights, indicators....

I think it would look R-Tarded with the front lip colour coded with the body. But each to their own. I like her as she is :drool:

are you not going to fit all those goodies in that box in your room?

They are all installed and have been for some time. But the stupid prick who sold me the "550cc" injectors actually only sent me another set of 440's.

sti version 5
    Post #24

Nice photos man overall i like the car, i would colour code the bumper and the rear pods, and better wheel choice would really set it off....
    As you said i would,nt swap with another gc8, well probably a 22b i would.....cheers....

The Doctor
    Post #25

QUOTE ("80XYA @ Feb 28 2011, 09:51 PM) *
    They are all installed and have been for some time. But the stupid prick who sold me the "550cc" injectors actually only sent me another set of 440's.

ah ok, and yes strange you are not making more power then what you are with those mods.

wesblade
    Post #26

hi Nice ride just want to know how much is a tune with the Microtec LT8s ECU ? and where did you get it tuned? i have one in my rex and i want to get it tuned ...

cheers Claude

batty_123
    Post #27

i reckn the lip looks awesome on the front!! pretty clean rig man.. love it!

GCRex
    Post #28

Very nice Rex mate, sure I've driven past it a couple of times as well.

stockmy00
    Post #29

QUOTE (The Doctor @ Feb 28 2011, 11:12 PM) *
    ah ok, and yes strange you are not making more power then what you are with those mods.

Yea that dyno must just read low... I have 152kw atw with just exhaust, fuel pump and haltech ps.

Awesome car man, no doubt about it that thing would have more like 170-190 atw... Or its on a VERY conservative tune...

strantigizia
    Post #30

QUOTE ("80XYA @ Feb 28 2011, 11:20 AM) *
    Hello Boostcruiser's. Had my wrx since Late 07 and been modding it slowly but surely since then. She came into my possession relatively stock, spoilerless, sitting on 19" dinner plate chromies. Needless to say she had plenty of work to be done on her. Being a full time uni student hasn't helped move things along at the speed I'd like But I love it all the same! Wouldn't trade her for any GC8 in aus! (probly haha)

Modifications:

Performance

TD05-16g Turbo @17psi

Microtec LT8s ECU

Front Mount

3" Turbo Back Exhaust

HKS EVC6 Boost Controller

Walbro 550hp Fuel Pump

Silicone Turbo Inlet Pipe

King Spring Lows

Front Strut Bar

DBA 4000 Rotors F&R & Ferrodo Pads

Prob More I've Forgotten

Dyno'd at 150kw on Matty Spry's dyno, which he reckons is reading low.

Best 1/4 Mile of 13.40 @ 104mph on a 2.04 60ft -- Need to sort out my launch!

Exterior

Custom Blue Respray in Jan 09

CT Style Front Lip

Smoked Headlights

Smoked Front and Side Indicators

STI Skirt & Rear Pods

22b Adjustable Spoiler

STI Taillights

Debadged

18x7.5 Speedy Lite 5's

Pretty much stock interior - guages etc.

Uncle is a photographer for the GC Bulletin and tooks a few pics for me on the weekend. Havin another shoot with some mates in a few weeks, will post her up again with a full range of pics.

Cheers!

P.S. Sorry Bout the HUUUUUGE File Size Pics. But you should all have speedy internet by now!

Nice

elia93
    Post #31

thats fully hectic kebab uleh with all the muzzies and cuzzies doing the gabba topped with garlic sauce

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

20 User(s) are reading this topic (20 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x