Will A 1ggze Supercharger Fit My 5.0litre V8?  

d3ano304
  • d3ano304
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 6,596
Post #1 post 8th January 2004 - 11:29 AM
hey im just wondering if a supercharger off a 1ggze supra engine will fiy my 5.0litre v8...if so how much will it cost to fit and is there any modifications required?cheers thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"Low Rider"
1991 twin turbo soarer slammed rollin on 19's

Rancher
Post #2

read what I have said in your photo upload, should help a bit.

Post #3

No offense, but i can see that supercharger being heaps too small for a 5L V8... think about it... that supercharger was designed to work with a 2L inline 6.... people use them on 3.8L v6's and they're pretty much at the limit of their potential on them...

on13sinahatchback
Post #4

just get a 1jzgte, it will make all the power you will ever need once you get rid of the funky turbo setup it has and get a real mani and turbo biggrin.gif

Post #5

id suggets runinng two of them, there is a xf with two of the sc14's on a 351 clevo, apprently goes great guns

but be sure to leave the clutch switxh on them, its there for a reason, the rotors have a coating on them, and then the blower becomes vey hot, it all expands, making the rotors scuff the housings and wearing the coatings away.

cheers.joe.

Post #6

user posted image

user posted image

taken from autospeed.com-

Originally fitted to the Toyota 1G-GZE 2-litre six, the transplant to a 5-litre V8 necessitated both the use of dual units, and also that they be spun at 1.5 times engine speed if the required 12 psi boost was to be realised. In fact, initially they were rotated at 1.2 times crank speed, but the resulting 3-psi boost just wasn't enough

The blowers use a straight Roots design, with the all-alloy rotors Teflon-coated and running a cold clearance of about 0.5mm. Sven makes the point that these are not good blowers for DIY rebuilds - it's easy to get the timing wrong (ie the rotors then run into each other!) and the bearings are held into place with a nylon insert that needs to be broken to allow bearing removal. And when you do get them out, no one has ever heard of the bearing size, let alone having a replacement on the shelf!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

hope that helps.

cheers.joe.

Post #7

i agree wif joe biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x